Search Unity

[Released]Itembox Inventory for InControl(Designed for Controllers, and Mobile.)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kurotatsu, Dec 10, 2014.

1. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Asset Store:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/26424

I've been developing an asset to sell on the asset store for 4 months now, and have finally submitted it: The Itembox inventory!

Itembox Inventory for InControl ver. 1

This asset is designed not for Mouse and Keyboard(Yet, but coming!), like most, but for Game Controllers for PC, and Console, and can be used with InControl's included mobile Inputs as well.

As InControl supports a plethera of game controllers, and now mobile controls(I use a PS4 controller personally, but any should do.).

Why InControl: I love their program once and everything just works regardless of your controller, or mobile setup. That's why, and that is why in my opinion it is the best input solution(I enjoyed it so much, I was moved to create this, so you decide.lol).

Itembox Inventory was originally designed as a equipment and character customization inventory like featured in such games as Tenchu Z, or Monster Hunter where you have a home base you return to in between levels or missions.

Though as seen in the demo, it's as simple as putting a character in the prefab to have an in-level merchant, like in Resident Evil.

I made equipment save and load between levels, so once you have your character set up and made a prefab, they will start any level wearing their equipment be just dropping the prefab into the level, without any additional setup.

Video:

This is a video of the included demo scene for a game controller friendly Itembox/Inventory/Merchant, that requires InControl.

Features you can control from the inspector:

Combined Equipment & Character Customization Merchant.

Fully Customizable Fonts, Backgrounds and Audio.

InControl Gamepad, and Mobile Compatibility(Currently no mouse support.....yet).

Save/Load system so your equipment and character changes carry over between scenes.

Set default equipment, gold, and reset to default while debugging at the press of a button.

Apply changes to your character prefab with a button in the inspector.

Background placement and scale auto adjust via screen resolution. As well as font size.

Change fonts(though currently in beta you may have to make minor adjustments in the OnGui for font size.
    As I made them auto adjust for screen resolution.).

Free Mecanim ready character to use with the inventory (though not required, any character with boots, pants and armor skinned/rigged to character mesh will work.).

Texture templates for the included character for making your own boots, pants and armor which are skinned/rigged to him.

Easily set scripts to disable while shopping in the inspector.

Set any amount of objects that will be either disabled or enabled while shopping in the inpector.

Set any number of messages to the player and/or 1 object on enter or exit of the inventory.

Set Font color changes for each interaction type...eg normal, active, clicked, ect. from inspector.

Ability to let your character's animator know when he's armed or not.

Included a minor locomotion system you can use or see to mod your own.

Set an alternate idle for shopping if desired, via the animator.

Minor setup necessary. Is designed to be as painless as an inventory should be.

Includes a 33 page pdf of documentation! Lot's of pictures.

Demo included with asset.

My preferred setup:

You make a home level and drop the item box into scene there your user may change, and buy equipment as well as change their look. Upon exiting the store the changes are saved, and they can go to another level.

Another option:

Drop this in a level as a merchant for you player to interact with and make changes as desired.

Read the PDF for free here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f90qcdezpclvjzy/Manual_ItemboxInventory.pdf?dl=0

30% off Release Price: $70

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. angelodelvecchio

angelodelvecchio

I can use the demo assets for production ?

kurotatsu likes this.
  3. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yep, all the included assets are free for your use, Including the character, his equipment, weapons, ect....

4. ChadH

ChadH

I think this is a GREAT idea and encourage you to keep progressing with it.
    I know that many people will enjoy this and make good use of.

Thx for this info and I look forward to seeing your progress.

kurotatsu likes this.
  5. hitking100

hitking100

This looks very interesting, going to keep a close eye on this one. Keep up the good work, looks real easy to use.

kurotatsu likes this.
  6. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Thank you. I appreciate the support. Video tutorials will be coming as well.

And mouse and keyboard support using InContol's profile system.

7. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Small bump, waiting to hear from unity on the submission side, and will update thread upon release.

Added mobile pics to OP.

Working on adding mouse/keyboard controls, and some documentation, and mobile setup changes for first update.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  8. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

It's released!!!! Mwhahahahaha <= Maniacal Old school RPG laughter.:D