Search Unity

It would be great, if Blender import could import lights as well (optionally)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkhog, Oct 7, 2015.

1. darkhog

darkhog

Almost every light type in Blender has Unity equivalent, the only one I think without such is hemi light. So optionally I think it would be great if Unity could import blender light, so you can make and light scene in Blender, then just import all that into Unity and only do minor adjustments to lights instead of setting them up from scratch.

Of course this would need to be an option for when you DON'T want to import lights, such as importing single model.

I know some people are using Blender to make levels due to easiness of making level geometry (not everyone have the money or want to use things like ProBuilder). Setting base lighting there and then in Unity only change it a bit, instead of readding every single light would be great.

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I thought you already could? I seem to recall last time I sent a fbx from blender to unity I had to then delete the lights that came with it...

It's been a while.

3. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

The extra light that comes with the fbx if you export it accidently with it is just an empty gameobject.

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Oh. In that case you should be able to build some editor magic around the import process to replace it with an appropriate light.

create3dgames likes this.