Search Unity

Issue still fails since 4.5.2

Discussion in 'Windows' started by latas, Aug 16, 2014.

1. latas

latas

Hi guys I think it's been reported as a bug. We're using HOTWeen in our project. The same code builds right for Windows Phone 8 but fails for Windows Store.

The issue is open here too:
    https://code.google.com/p/hotween/issues/detail?id=79

I can build the game in Unity and build it in Visual Studio without issues. The problem appears when running the game.

We've released our game Minimonsters Crush, for iOS, Windows Phone, Android, and MacOSX, but we can not submit it for Windows Store, because this issue. Please can you help us.

We've applied every patches since 4.5.2 with the hope to found this issue fixed, but there is no way.

Thank you.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

sorry about the issue. The fix is going to be included to Unity 4.5.3p2.

If you need a workaround now (as in you cannot wait until next Thursday), there's a possible solution - although not a very nice one. The bug in question is present in rrw.exe program, which is actually open source. If you downloaded it, compiled it in release config and put it in Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport\Tools\rrw\rrw.exe, the problem should be fixed the next time you build from Unity. You can find the source code here:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ReferenceRewriter

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  3. latas

latas

Wow, thank you very much for your support. I'll try to build it and I'll back to you.
    Thank you very much.

4. latas

latas

Great!!!!! It works :) Preparing submission.

Thank you very much.

5. chucky-w

chucky-w

Hi, I have a Windows Store application built in Unity 4.6.5. Everything worked fine there. Now I decided to switch to Unity 5 (version 5.0.1f1) and suddenly I started to get same errors as mentioned before:
    Is there any problem with Unity 5.0.1f1 or with HOTween? Any thoughts of fixing or working-around?
    Thanks

6. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Have you tried running WACK on your existing 4.6 app?

7. chucky-w

chucky-w

Sure, without any problem. The app (built in 4.6) is even released in Windows Store...

8. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

There one thing you can try: set HOTween plugin to unprocessed (that can only be done if it has no MonoBehaviours or any serializable types).

9. chucky-w

chucky-w

I've tried that, and it looked like it worked, but after trying to build the app in Visual studio, I've got another error:

10. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Then it looks like you can't make that plugin unprocessed.
    Can you make a small project using that plugin and see if there's the same issue? If so, report it as bug (with that project attached).

11. chucky-w

chucky-w