Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

IsFinite(outDistanceForSort)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by helgarddebarros, Jan 31, 2016.

1. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I have been having this problem with every release and patch since after Unity 5.3.1f1.

According to the issue tracker posts, this has been solved in Unity 5.3.2, but I can still see posts by people in the forums with this problem. There is no information or any clues as to what is causing this problem, so I have no idea where to start looking for the solution. Other people, myself included on some patches, got this error:

IsFinite(outDistanceForSort) UnityEngine.Camera:Render() UnityStandardAssets.Water.Water:OnWillRenderObject() (at Assets/Standard Assets/Environment/Water/Water/Scripts/Water.cs:108)

If this is solved, as the issue tracker says, then what do I have to do?

Attached Files:

2. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Can anybody please advise me about how to go about submitting a bug report or getting any help on this issue. I have tried everything I can think of.

3. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

First make sure you have tried the latest patch version, If it still does not work then submit a bug https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting and including a sample project will expedite the process.

4. hazman86

hazman86

Just to add some gravitas to this issue, I too have the same problem. I have also updated to latest patch "5.3.2p2"
    This is happening on a water renderer. My project is huge so submitting the actual project will be difficult. But I will see if I can cut "bits" off and submit for review.

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Its fine we know about this issue now so don't require a bug report. Currently being investigated.

6. patrickt

patrickt

Could you post a link to the tracker so we can follow the status of this bug? I wasn't able to find it.

7. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

8. patrickt

patrickt

Thank you!

9. SaltwaterAssembly

SaltwaterAssembly

10. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

No that won't come back, we have tests for it now. What problem do you have? Is finite is related to bounds, it's not particles only.