Search Unity

Is Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 icon customization allowed in Basic?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mldesanctis, Jul 30, 2013.

1. mldesanctis

mldesanctis

I want to clear this up before I push out my first Windows Phone 8 project. There is no icon editor from within Unity 4.2 for Windows Phone 8. Are we allowed to go into the Visual Studio project and replace the icons with our own artwork? I cannot find any information about it on the site and I want to make sure that I am not breaking the Basic license by changing the icon.

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

You can change them.
    From Unity editor you can change for Windows Store Apps:
    Edit->Project Settings->Player, select Windows Store player.
    Icons can be changed in Publishing Settings settings section.

There don't seem to be similar thing for Windows Phone.
    However, when you start your game, a Unity splash screen will be displayed after the one you set, if you're on a basic.

3. mldesanctis

mldesanctis

Acknowledged on Windows Store.

As for Windows Phone, I just got the answer from Microsoft. They rejected my game BECAUSE I had the Unity logo as my icons. So, they must be changed, but this has to be done manually, after a Build.

4. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

You are free to change anything you like in Visual Studio. The project will not be overwritten by Unity if you build to the same folder, so you can change the icons once, and then continue building to that folder with updates.

5. mldesanctis

mldesanctis

You are not free to change everything. Yes, you CAN change any part of the project in VS, but part of the Basic license requires that you leave the Unity splash screen.

So, my original intent was to find out if were were allowed to change the icons. Unity has yet to chime in here or respond to my support request, which is weird, but Microsoft seems to have made the decision for them.

6. BFS-Kyle

BFS-Kyle

Hmm OK - My understanding was on the free license, unity displayed the splash screen outside of the Windows Phone / Windows 8 images, so you should be able to change these yourself. I would recommend changing it to your own images, and run a build and see if the Unity logo still appears as a splash - if it doesn't appear anymore then it might be a license issue.

7. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The Unity splash screen has be shown if you're on basic license. So you can change whatever you want except the splashscreen :).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  8. Murthy_Dumadu

Murthy_Dumadu

Hiii @ Tautvydas i wanna custmize the icon en tile images please tell me the resolution en size thanks alot in adv....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

10. Murthy_Dumadu

Murthy_Dumadu

Thanks alot

11. Murthy_Dumadu

Murthy_Dumadu

Hii @Cernius I would like implement the in app purchase so pls suggest me the link r snd me any references

12. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies