Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this still in active development?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by PeterD, Oct 30, 2014.

1. PeterD

PeterD

We now have Unity 4.6 beta and the Unity 5.0 beta. Neither of which seem to have any Vita plugin (or Wii U for that matter if you are a Wii U dev like me).

Given that I've now invested in the new Unity UI for the menu system of my new game. I want to know if this is going to actually be making it's way to Vita any time soon?

2. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Unity 4.6 will not be coming to PSM, Unity 5 will be its next big update, you should've held off using the new GUI's and features for a while, other than for the platforms it definitely supports in the Beta you have.

(from what i've heard anyway)

3. PeterD

PeterD

Yep I know this is what they said. The point is that the Unity 5 Beta doesn't actually have the promised Vita plugin at all now. It's also mysteriously silent as to what is going on with the Vita and Wii - U promised builds of Unity 5, while the 5 with windows phone builds seem to be coming thick and fast.

4. davem250

davem250

@PeterD - it was mentioned by one of the developers from Unity Technologies OR one of the moderators in here that Unity 5 WILL be available for the PSM platform shortly after the official release of Unity 5 (when it's no longer in beta state) but it won't be in beta state for the PSM platform... i am currently using Unity 5 b9 but the thing is i can't currently work on my PSM version of my game, so i will have to wait until Unity 5 for PSM is released :( but we probably won't hear anything until it is almost ready for download on the PSM dev page!

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yes because 5 is still under development, it is inefficient for Unity to constantly waste resources on things that might change. Therefore you can expect a release when Unity 5 is ready for release, or whenever it's done :)

You'll just have to be patient and accept that it'll most likely be after the official release of Unity 5.

6. PeterD

PeterD

So what's the word on the Wii-U version?

7. blackbird

blackbird

wrong forum you have to be approved by nintendo so you will know the details about unity 5 for wii u at their developer forum

8. LaneFox

LaneFox