Search Unity

Is the asset bound to account?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Larsey, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Larsey

Larsey

Hi!

I'm wondering if the assets in the asset store is bound to account once it is bought? We are a two man team with our own Unity accounts and need a asset (plugin) but wondering how it works?

When I buy it, can I install it to the project and he will be able to use it? Could I download it and share it in out private network storage so both me and my buffy can use the asset in our current project, but also in future projects?

How does buying a asset work?

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Go with the official Asset Store Terms of Service and EULA over anything anyone posts here, especially me. I'm not a lawyer!

I think the key above is that "you" refers to the purchasing entity associated with the account. Unless the license stipulates "This extension requires one license per seat", you should be able to share this asset within the studio, for studio-related work only, since in this case "you" refers to the studio as the purchasing entity. Your teammate should use it only for projects related to your studio, not for any other projects.

Also, asset purchases are bound to an account. If you leave the team and close your Unity account, you can't transfer purchases to someone else's account.

3. Larsey

Larsey

Makes sense! :)