Search Unity

Is it really that hard to share a simple score on Facebook and Twitter natively?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Laumania, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Laumania

Laumania

Hi

I'm doing a game and would like to give the user the ability to share his/hers score after end game.
    I don't want an app on Facebook or anything.

I just want to open up the "native" sharing UI, where I provide the text/image/link and then the user post it them self to twitter, facebook, email etc.

Can it really be correct that it's so hard to find a plugin to help me with that? I need it to work on both iOS and Android (Windows Phone if possible), but right now I can't seem to find a plugin that does this simple thing...all I find are plugins that either do the share UI them self in-game or need and Facebook app id, to post on behalf of the user.

Any one who can help out there?

2. Laumania

Laumania

3. Trilusion

Trilusion

Maybe this is enough for you:

Code (csharp):
    1. string facebookshare = "https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=" + Uri.EscapeUriString(appStoreLink);
    2. Application.OpenURL(facebookshare);
    4. string twittershare = "http://twitter.com/home?status=" + Uri.EscapeUriString(appStoreLink);
    5. Application.OpenURL(twittershare);

Sermer likes this.
  4. lmbarns

lmbarns

You can OAuth2 and post/get commands to pass info between social networking apis.

Uses the www class similar to posting to php highscore board, and the returned object is a hash with user info that was requested.

I use vuforia and it doesn't play well with other plugins that require main activity so I've beat my head against the wall for a long time getting crap to work with facebook and twitter and vuforia.

Unishare in the asset store is the closest plugin I've seen to native. You can also try the official FB unity plugin.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  5. Omer.Hussain

Omer.Hussain

Have you found the solution i am also looking for FB simple score sharing but no result yet .... :(

6. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

7. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Facebook has there own unity thing. Posting to facebook is alot more complex then it should be.''https://developers.facebook.com/docs/unity/

8. StevenMCH

StevenMCH

Not sure if this helps: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17803

It focus on FB leaderboard, but also allows posting scores. You will need to create an AppID though, as per the normal Facebook requirement. I don't think Facebook allows bypassing or posting without linking your App to Facebook.

Hope it helps :(

9. fedor.shubin

fedor.shubin

Sometimes it's better to use standard platform-specific sharing functionality.
    It's sharing intent in Android. And in iOS it's new social functionality included stating iOS6.

I created small package for my internal purposes that allows to easily integrate such kind of solution to your games. It's available for free at: https://github.com/vedi/share-bunch-unity3d. Currently it supports just text sharing, but it can be easily extended.

Any feedback is appreciated.

shortlin likes this.
  10. testingdemi

testingdemi

11. spirit_lancer

spirit_lancer

So there is no need to setup the app in facebook? It is only for ios right? is there anyway i can do it for android too???

12. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Download the Facebook SDK for unity. Look at the example and bam! You know how to integrate Facebook. It works on iOS a d android. I have done this in my app. Its not that hard. Don't install 3rd party stuff. I think its better to learn now and experience this kind of stuff. Just trust me, follow the Facebook instructions and just look at the examples. It works.

It also only takes like 30 lines of code (code that you can copy and paste from their examples)

13. spirit_lancer

spirit_lancer

is there anyway to do sharing without setting the app up at facebook?

14. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Nope. Trust, just get that part over with and you never have to worry about ever again. All of your apps will be easy to put Facebook in because you have all the code you need. When I get home later, I will see if I can send you the code you need.

15. goat

goat

I'm thinking of doing the same thing (sans the part where the game asks for access to your entire friends lists to spam their feeds) and will use Facebook SDK for Unity too. Good luck & have fun.

16. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Code (csharp):
    2. public void PostFacebook()
    3.     {
    4.         if (!FB.IsLoggedIn)
    5.         {
    6.             FB.Login("email,publish_actions");
    7.         }
    8.         else
    9.         {
    10.             Util.Log("onShareClicked");
    11.             FB.Feed(
    12.                     linkCaption: "I popped " + highScore.ToString() + " circles! Can you beat it?",
    13.                     picture: "<INSERT A LINK TO A PICTURE HERE>",
    14.                     linkName: "Checkout Circle Pop on iOS and Android!",
    15.                     link: "http://apps.facebook.com/" + FB.AppId + "/?challenge_brag=" + (FB.IsLoggedIn ? FB.UserId : "guest")
    16.                     );
    17.         }
    18.     }
    20.     void OnLoggedIn()
    21.     {
    22.         Util.Log("Logged in. ID: " + FB.UserId);
    23.     }
    25.     private void SetInit()
    26.     {
    27.         Util.Log("SetInit");
    28.         if (FB.IsLoggedIn)
    29.         {
    30.             Util.Log("Already logged in");
    31.             OnLoggedIn();
    32.         }
    33.     }
    Just post that there somewhere in your code. Connect the PostFacebook function to a UI button. After that, import the Facebook SDK into your unity project. Setup you facebook app page and connect it to your unity project. Lastly, make sure you import the UTIL class from the Facebook examples. That is all you need to do! It's super simple. No need for any plugins or anything.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, call SetInit(); in your Awake() function

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    Voronoi likes this.
  17. spirit_lancer

spirit_lancer

ya... :( i did once but the guy i am working for dont want to setup the app on fb. Since for android i will need to add keyhash everytime he uses new keys...
    for ios has a workaround though.. .tnx :)

18. g0ldfighter

g0ldfighter

I tried implementing your original project in unity 5. There's a bundle identifier failure which doesn't seem to go no matter what I do.

19. g0ldfighter

g0ldfighter

I imported it in my current project and it's working really smooth. A million thanks for the plugin. :)

20. drewfus

drewfus

This works like a charm.

One problem: the string doesn't transfer to the Facebook share. This is a problem with facebook only.

I assume I need to do all the standard facebook stuff, but how do I integrate that with this code?

21. Badwoof

Badwoof

The share bunch plugin works well on Android, but causes a crash on IOS.
    Anyone else have that problem also?

I'm loathe to put apps on facebook as required by their sdk. So I've been avoiding using that directly.
    And I flat out refuse to require users to log in to facebook to play, or even prompt them to.
    That's a deal breaker on me playing a game, so I won't have it in mine.

I just want an easy way to let users share if they want to via whatever method they want.
    So far, the share bunch method is closest, but I'm having a problem with it.

22. shortlin

shortlin

I found his plugin has a mistate in XCodePostProcess.cs .

The code must tried to find a file which is name is "NativeGateway.projmods".But it tried to find "._NativeGateway.projmods",the file which is hide by unity...

So I tried change the code..:

nd run through all projmods files to patch the project.
    // Please pay attention that ALL projmods files in your project folder will be excuted!
    string[] files = Directory.GetFiles( Application.dataPath, "*.projmods", SearchOption.AllDirectories );
    //foreach( string file in files ) {
    //UnityEngine.Debug.Log("ProjMod File: "+file);
    //Debug.Log (files.Length);
    project.ApplyMod( files[1] ); //} //TODO implement generic settings as a module option
    //}

the bold text is changed by me.
    it worked.

But my target is tried to cached the screenshot to share.I also found this
    http://www.theappguruz.com/unity/general-sharing-in-android-ios-in-unity/
    but It could not work in ios..so any body has a idea with native share the screen shot to ios?

23. Boxed-Pig

Boxed-Pig

Share Bunch also worked fine for me on iOS, except sending the text to facebook.
    Anyone else, besides me and drewfus, with this problem?
    It's the best solution so far, but unfortunately the facebook problem is a deal breaker.

Edit: Did some live tests and find out the facebook text is there, it is just not showing on the share requester. If you post, it will carry through to your timeline.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  24. Badwoof

Badwoof

From what I can tell it was something that changed in IOS that was causing it to simply crash on me (ios 8.1). I probably could have figured it out in a day, but it was easier to go with a different native solution that worked quite well from the asset store.
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9277

Not fancy, but does the basic stuff I want without hassles.

25. Boxed-Pig

Boxed-Pig

Yeah, I think you are right, Badwoof.
    It worked on iPhone 4 and 4s, up until iOS 8.1.3 but failed on two iPhone 6 with 8.3.
    Any chance for an update, fedor.shubin? I really liked your solution.

26. shortlin

shortlin

I found soomla recent develop native share afterwards.(the guy which develope bunch share had went to there work)
    It's very easy,just one line code.(http://know.soom.la/unity/profile/profile_mainclasses/#MultiShare)
    But the plug- in you should not download from asset store.because it's an old version.
    You should download here.https://github.com/soomla/unity3d-profile
    import two packge: soomla-unity3d-core. and soomla-unity3d-profile
    It is my code like:

Application.CaptureScreenshot("MyImage.png");

SoomlaProfile.MultiShare("share words",
    Application.persistentDataPath + "/MyImage.png"
    );​
    But I can't use it in android facebook(It works in ios ),So I use this plugin(http://www.theappguruz.com/unity/general-sharing-in-android-ios-in-unity/) in android

And I found there are many guys said native share can't share text which is set in facebook.But for me it can share.It's enough.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  27. jegali

jegali

Hi there,

@calmcarrots: I'd like to share scores achieved in my unity app to facebook. I created an app, everything works fine so far - but I'm the only one who can see my posts. As far as I know, I have to submit my unity app to facebook. Therefore I need a privacy policy statement.Can you tell me what is needed for a

- login
    - "I achieved blablabla"

Is there a template for a policy template which I can use?

Cheers,
    Jens

28. calmcarrots

calmcarrots

Try looking into a privacy policy generator. Here are some I found online:
    https://www.generateprivacypolicy.com/
    https://www.freeprivacypolicy.com/
    http://www.bennadel.com/coldfusion/privacy-policy-generator.htm

Search results:
    https://www.google.com/webhp?source...=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=privacy policy generator

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Adding to the list incase any one interested.

Sharing feature is completely available for FREE in Cross Platform Native Plugins Lite version .

Sharing feature contains following functionalities

• Share Screenshot, Image, text, url via SMS

• Share Screenshot, Image, text, url via E-Mail

• Share Screenshot, Image, text, url via Whats-app

• Share Screenshot, Image, text, url on Social Network (Facebook, Twitter)
    Adding to it we added separate Twitter SDK feature in full version for Twitter login functionalities.

ilmario likes this.
  30. EA-developers

EA-developers

I agree With you (Y)

31. JeffersonTD

JeffersonTD

I'm also a bit bummed at how things just don't work as expected with Facebook. I'm trying to have a simple share, that would have
    - a text I want.
    - a link.
    - screenshot.

For Twitter this works simply with this line of code using the u3dxt package :
    SocialXT.Post (SLRequest.SLServiceTypeTwitter, "Yo, this is a message", someTexture, someUrl);​

But for Facebook this doesn't work properly (at least not any more):
    SocialXT.Post(SLRequest.SLServiceTypeFacebook, "Yo, this is a message", someTexture, someUrl);
    It does post, but it doesn't have the preset message and it doesn't have any picture. You can just type in what you want.

I also tried using the FB.Feed:
    FB.Feed(linkCaption: "Yo, this is message",
    linkName: "Yeah yeah title!",
    link: shareLinkUrl);
    This APPEARS to work better when you're shown the dialogue: you see the linkName and the linkCaption in the popup window. However, when you check the post on Facebook, it only has the name and caption defined by the page that resides in the link. This is okay, in principle, but I need to have some way of putting some preset message at least ("I scored X points..."). And it would be really nice to be able to have that screenshot there too, just like for Twitter.

So: eg. simply using the FB.Feed or Facebook's own Unity SDK, how can I set a preset text and a link? And is it possible to share a picture?

32. kafanasiff

kafanasiff

Thank you Trilusion, you are our only hope. That is the answer I was looking for.

33. ShuchiSingla

ShuchiSingla

Hi everyone,
    Is their any way to get if anyone is actually sharing the post.

34. nick11235

nick11235

You can giveaway some prizes (in game currency) whoever shares will rise considerable...try your luck!