Search Unity

iRDS - Intelligent Race Driver System Available on Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by rhodnius, Mar 18, 2013.

?

What you prefer (features are, Transmission, differential and Engine as separate component)

Poll closed Nov 12, 2019.
  1. Release new physics at it's current state and do new stuff on next releases?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for all the new stuff on physics to be implemented then do the release?

100.0%
  1. Pulov

Pulov

Destruction derby like, I think.

2. wbakunis

wbakunis

Sorry for not including more info. Yea, i'm trying to work on a demo derby type game. I'd like the cars to be able to wander if no enemies are in view or if an enemy is in view, just drive directly at it. I have a feeling that I may need to create my own system but I lack all knowledge when it comes to artificial intelligence.

3. rhodnius

rhodnius

@wbakunis I see, well iRDS was not directly designed for such type of game, we could add a royal rumble kind of option for the cop mode though, so cops would try to hit other cops and normal racers, which would give some similar result (but still there would be the need to have a path on the scene, that they would follow if no target is near).

I could work on it more or less starting next year (sounds far away, but is really near hahaha), currently I'm finishing up some other projects and iTS - Intelligent traffic system.

Rhod,

wbakunis likes this.
  4. wbakunis

wbakunis

Ah ok. That sounds interesting. Thanks for replying.

rhodnius likes this.
  5. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey everybody, does anybody have any good settings for tilt control? Also what do you call like the shine you see on some games that have unity pro. They have something they can just put on it to give the cars and the tracks a certain look. I can't think of the name of that??? :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  6. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Shigidy! sorry for the late reply.

The settings for the accelerometer would really depend more on what kind of sensitivity you like on the control, normally the best way is to give that choice power to the player, so they can adjust it for their needs, you can do this by exposing the control sensitivity value on a slider GUI, that variable is at the class IRDSLevelloadVariables and is named mobileControls (this is the list of all the controls you have setup and in order to access the current one that is selected just use the variable mobileControlSelected) i.e. levelload.mobileControls[levelload.mobileControlSelected].steerSensitivity

If you want to try out some values, it really would depend on what you need, like faster response, or more slower one.

Cheers!

Rhod,

7. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

@rhodnius

Any comment on source code pricing for iRDS? I know you have posted about iTS source code pricing but I did not see anything on iRDS yet.

8. rhodnius

rhodnius

Well, for now we have not yet a price thought, it should be on the range from 250 - 400, tending more to be on the near 250 - 300. But we wont be working on it yet, pretty busy with current projects.

Also, there would be an upgrade option (that would be outside of the UAT) for those who bought the current version and want to have the "Pro" version which has the source, still looking at the alternative that i have for doing so, but it is something that would definitely be there as an option, so you don't get hold up to wait for the pro version to start your racing game project. ;)

Rhod,

9. rhodnius

rhodnius

10. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey rhodnius. Just saw there was an update on the asset store. Could you tell us what was updated?

11. rhodnius

rhodnius

I just fixed a few bugs on the championship system, about the points not shown correctly, and also corrected an issue with the wrongway detection of the racers. :D

Rhod,

12. Shigidy

Shigidy

Hey Rhodnius. Wondering about update with the car settings system. The one that allows you to mess with the settings of the car. Is that coming within a month you think?

Also, I know you've thought about multi-player with irds and multiple players. Have you heard about Multi-Online?
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10663

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  13. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi @Shigidy !

Both of them are possible right now, you can change the car settings at run time by script, and also you can add scripts to make iRDS work on multiplayer networking enviroments, you can use our API to do both of them ;)

Rhod,

14. iKronos

iKronos

Question, works this system on "Unity 3d V. 5"?

15. rhodnius

rhodnius

@iKronos Thanks for your interest on iRDS!

Right now it is partially compatible, i would be working on making it fully compatible when Unity5 is released/Public, since Unity5 is right now in beta stage, and there could be a lot of changes and issues introduced on each beta release.

But yes, its on the roadmap making it full compatible with Unity 5.

Rhod,

16. tapticc

tapticc

Hi :) I'm a PSM Developer and make PS Vita games. Currently me and my fellow PSM devs are restricted to using v4.3.7f i.e. not the latest 4.6.x build with the recent GUI changes.

My query is, is iRDS still compatible with older versions of Unity and also if anyone has tested this on the PS Vita as I am nervous about wasting money on an asset if it isn't going to work!

thanks

Craig

17. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Craig!

Thanks for your interest on iRDS, iRDS is still compatible with unity4.x, and there have PS Vita developers using iRDS as far as i know, so you shouldn't have issues on using iRDS for your development.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rhod,

tapticc likes this.
  18. tapticc

tapticc

I've just bought it, thanks for letting me know it should be compatible :)

19. Setmode

Setmode

Is iRDS compatible with IL2CPP of Unity 4.6.2?

20. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi tapticc!

Thanks for the purchase! Let me know if you need anything and please send me your invoice number on a PM or by email to info@dagagames.com

Rhod,

21. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi M-BOMB!

I have not yet tried that, but it should be, I'll take a look into it soon.

Rhod,

22. tapticc

tapticc

done :)

rhodnius likes this.
  23. Setmode

Setmode

It seems it works. I don't do a deep research about it but for the moment in our iOS game I can make a working IL2CPP compilation

rhodnius likes this.
  24. tapticc

tapticc

Just to let everyone know, iRDS works well on the PS Vita!

rhodnius likes this.
  25. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yay! Great to hear that is working good for you!

Rhod,

26. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

I'm starting to make test on Unity 5, i would be keeping you guys updated on the results.

Rhod,

27. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!,

I just did a quick test, it seems to be working pretty much fine, with the latest version of iRDS, the Unity 5 RC1 have an issue with audio sources, that is actually a known issue from this version and not related to iRDS, just in case someone have the issue of getting the audio muted after a crash or any other audio FX triggered that uses PlayOneShot for it to get played, from there, everything else seems to be working.

I'll update more about it after i do some more tests.

Rhod,

28. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

cool :)

rhodnius likes this.
  29. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

I have implemented rolling starts to iRDS, it is not yet on the asset store. You can send me an email to have it before.

Cheers!

Rhod,

30. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

I have submitted the latest version of iRDS to the asset store, should get approved in a few days!

Cheers!

Rhod,

31. hluper

hluper

How do I replace the mobile car, it doesn't look like I have to rig it?

32. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi hluper!

Thanks for your purchase! please send me your invoice number to josegarrido@dagagames.com and i would get back asap with support.

Thanks again!

Rhod,

33. Salazar-Aguilar

Salazar-Aguilar

Hi
    I have a couple of questions about the iRDS.
    First, Im trying to make a special controller for the system, so I use the IRDSCarControllInput class and it worked perfectly, I use setBreakInput for the brakes, setThrottleInput for moving forward and setSteerInput to go to the left or right, but I can't find the method for change the gears. Also when I use the setSteerInput method it works, but is to much sencible, when I turn to the right or left the steering wheel moves to fast (from 0 degrees to 90 degrees in one frame) and if I don't press the button really quick the car lost the controll.

Thanks for the help and time.

34. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Salazar Aguilar!

Thanks for your purchase!

Please kindly send me your invoice number to Josegarrido@dagagames.com and ill get back to you asap with support.

Thanks again!

Rhod,

35. Setmode

Setmode

Hi again, Rhod. Now I try to make my cars respawn manually under certain conditions and I can't figure how to do it, also I like to know how to detect when my cars make a respawn to do some actions, thanks for your time.

36. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi M-BOMB!

Thanks for your purchase! Please kindly send me your invoice number to Josegarrido@dagagames.com and I'll get back to you asap with support.

Cheers!

Rhod,

37. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi Guys!

iRDS V2.1 has been released to the asset store, full Unity 5 compatibility!

Cheers!
    Rhod,

38. diegoadrada

diegoadrada

I would like to know if this system is compatible with the free version of Unity 4.6? Thanks in advance.

39. rhodnius

rhodnius

Thanks for your interest in iRDS!

Yep it is compatible with both, free and pro versions of Unity from 4.x to 5.x

Thanks again!

Rhod,

40. pinchmass

pinchmass

Hi , not sure if it just me (just updated) the show / hide marker seem to not hide them anymore.

noticed in an updated project, just set up a new empty project and seems to do the same ?

any info

41. diegoadrada

diegoadrada

Thanks a lot for your quick response Rhod, I am developing a racing game with shooting, in which AI-controlled cars must also shoot the player's car. I have access to scripts? or is there any way I can add that functionality to the system of AI?
    Thanks again.

42. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yep its a minor bug i just fixed, was include when i added the new rolling start feature, it is fixed now and i would be uploading the fix today :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Rhod,

43. pinchmass

pinchmass

amazing as usual, may I ask now you have iTS out (fantastic) what are you working on next ?

44. rhodnius

rhodnius

Hi elektronische,

You should be able to implement the shooting out of the AI system without issues, since that AI part is not really attached to the racing AI that is already on iRDS, it really depends on the kind of game you want to make, if it is only for shooting cars that are getting in the middle of the way, like in mario kart it should be something that can be done outside.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Rhod,

45. rhodnius

rhodnius

Well, im finishing a few projects and also starting on the iRDS new uGUI support, the idea is to be able to also keep the old gui as it was too, so I'm working on making that possible, so users that needs olders unity version can still use iRDS.

Rhod,

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  46. pinchmass

pinchmass

Well don't work to hard Rhod (actually do your works amazing....)

would it be possible to put the fix for markers staying on in the dropbox folder please

47. pinchmass

pinchmass

ah just noticed your email (your support is too efficient.......)

48. Alex_V

Alex_V

Hey Rhod, any news on the developing of iRDS? New features, etc?

49. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yep, currently working on new GUI so it supports uGUI and changing some AI stuff to better handle obstacles. I just added rolling starts too, which is currently on the asset store.

Anything you may want to see on iRDS? Just let me know :D

Rhod,

50. rhodnius

rhodnius

Yep ill be adding it to the repository too. :D

Rhod,