Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

iOS8 / XCode6 compatibility

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by JChilton, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Are you sure it's an error, but not a warning?

subjectZero likes this.
  2. subjectZero

subjectZero

You won't believe this but I'm such a noob. Your right it was just a warning and i didn't realise that i could click on the submit button (humans art meant to code!!!!!)

anyway - my app has been submitted and is waiting for review

Again i apologise, this is my first unity game

thank you for your time

3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Hi guys,

I'm running into some weird issues with Xcode 6.3 and Unity 5.0.1 deploying on IOS 8.3.

When I run my game, I get the following message in Xcode and then some null reference exception that doesn't occur normally on an Android build or on the editor. The message says the following in Xcode:

Could not open file /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/28AF85B8-CABD-4458-A0F3-95AA1B1D0751/DemonHuntersSagaDungeonHellDragon.app/Data/resources.assets for read

Is this related to the change in the document path that I read earlier in this thread? I do have some cases where my code is calling Application.datapath so I'm going to try and change that to Application.persistantDataPath and see if that fixes it. However, is there any other reason that the above messages right come up? I just want to cover all my possible bases as this error has been holding me up for more than a week now and I'm really close to releasing my next game.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Has something changed in how resources are loaded in unity 5.0.1 or IOS8? I noticed that the following code does not load the resource prefab on the iOS build. It works in the editor and android.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [HideInInspector] publicList<UnitAbility> unitAbilityList;
    2. publicvoidLoadUnitAbility(){
    3. GameObjectobj=Resources.Load("PrefabList/UnitAbilityListPrefab", typeof(GameObject)) asGameObject;
    4. if(obj==null){
    5. Debug.Log("load unit ability fail, make sure the resource file exists");
    6. return;
    7. }
    8. UnitAbilityListPrefabprefab=obj.GetComponent<UnitAbilityListPrefab>();
    9. unitAbilityList=prefab.unitAbilityList;
    10. }
    I think this is what is leading to my null reference exception on the IOS 8.3 device. In Xcode, it shows the debug message "load unit ability fail, make sure the resource file exists" so I'm pretty sure it's not loading a crucial prefab file. Again, this doesn't happen in the editor or on an android build.

5. arkon

arkon

I've just tried to release an update on a game that was 69mb but I'm now getting a warning that it's 107mb when I upload it to ITC. So frustrating, the game used to be below the 100mb limit and now it's wifi only! Anyone have any idea if it's Xcode 6.3 or Unity 4.6.4P1 causing it? Oh it's a mono build not il2cpp.

6. nupur1

nupur1

New iOS versions are not retro-compatible with every device’s family, which implies that some of your oldest iPhones and iPads won’t be able to install iOS 8 and, in consequence of this, you will need to update your testing devices in order to check that your app’s features work properly.

7. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Could you please extract old and new version of game archives and compare them? It would be interesting to see if you Data folder is taking more or maybe there is increase in application executable size.

8. Azami1986

Azami1986

Somebody please help. It is the first time I want to simulate an app (created with unity 5.0.2 and I use Xcode 6.3.1) on the iphone simulator. But I always get the same error. This is driving me over the brink.

I made this changes: Unity (Player Settings)
    Scripting Backend --> IL2CPP
    Architecture --> ARM64
    SDK Version --> Simulator SDK.

My Unity project consists of a simple cube.

My build is always successful, but then I receive this error message:

What does this error mean and how can I solve this problem? Please help, it is frustrating :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  9. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

I think it might be trying to run on Metal and Metal is not supported on Simulator. Please try forcing Graphics API to GLES 2.0 or GLES 3.0 to see if it makes a difference.

10. Azami1986

Azami1986

Hello Mantas,

I have installed Unity 5.0.2p1. I have this configuration in player settings:

Scripting Backend --> IL2CPP
    Architecture --> ARM64
    Graphics API --> GLES 2.0 (Have tryed also with GLES 3.0)
    SDK Version --> Simulator SDK.

This is the config in Xcode:
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-16 um 15.18.41.png

Unfortunately it doesn't changed. I got now this error:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-16 um 15.13.27.png

What shall I do to solve this error?

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  11. KingAnak

KingAnak

I am having the same problem with Unity 5.0.2p1 Personal and Xcode Version 6.3.1 (6D1002).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Here are some steps for anyone hoping to reproduce the problem:
    1) A new blank Unity project
    2) IOS Player Settings > SDK Version : Simulator SDK
    3) Build and Run produces this when app is launched in simulator:

Warning: Error creating LLDB target at path '/Users/...(user name).../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-couukthirzleocbdfmbmdpjhxrtr/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/ProductName.app'- using an empty LLDB target which can cause slow memory reads from remote devices.

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN5metal16g_CurrentEncoderE

Referenced from: /Users/...(user name).../Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/530A44CB-5978-4926-9E91-E9DBD5BFB105/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/07612A5C-659D-4C04-ACD3-D211D2830E17/ProductName.app/ProductName

Expected in: flat namespace

in /Users/...(user name).../Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/530A44CB-5978-4926-9E91-E9DBD5BFB105/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/07612A5C-659D-4C04-ACD3-D211D2830E17/ProductName.app/ProductName

Then, if you select Standard Architecture in Xcode Build Settings and build and run again it produces this:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _UnityRegisterProInterface

Referenced from: /Users/...(user name).../Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/530A44CB-5978-4926-9E91-E9DBD5BFB105/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/444E88D1-3B5D-46FA-A143-B8634F56398E/ProductName.app/ProductName

dyld: Symbol not found: _UnityRegisterProInterface

Referenced from: /Users/...(user name).../Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/530A44CB-5978-4926-9E91-E9DBD5BFB105/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/444E88D1-3B5D-46FA-A143-B8634F56398E/ProductName.app/ProductName

(lldb)

The same results occur for various settings in Unity iOS Player Settings:
    - Scripting Backend: Mono (2.0) / IL2CPP
    - Architecture: ARMv7 / ARM64 / Universal
    - Target iOS version: 6.0 / 8.1
    - Graphics API: Automatic / Open GL ES 2.0 / Open GL ES 3.0 / Metal

Also get the same results using Xcode Build Settings:
    - Base SDK: iphonesimulator (SDK not found) / Standard architectures (armv7, arm64) - $(ARCHS_STANDARD)
    - Supported Platforms: iphonesimulator / iOS
    - iOS Deployment Target: iOS 6.0 / iOS 8.1 / iOS 8.3

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  12. Azami1986

Azami1986

Is this a bug in Unity? Can someone of the developers confirm this problem or is there a workaround?

13. BusStopStudios

BusStopStudios

Same problem here. I cannot run any project right now in the simulator. Has anyone logged a bug on this or is someone aware of the problem? Some how I remember seeing this issue before in a 4.6 version but don't remember what was done to resolve it.

Unity 5.0.2f1

14. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

>>dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN5metal16g_CurrentEncoderE
    yes, this is our bug and will be fixed soon
    >>dyld: Symbol not found: _UnityRegisterProInterface
    hm, seems like we didnt kill all the "Pro" things (or, again, simulator only issue) - can you check if that still happens if you build for device?

15. BusStopStudios

BusStopStudios

I will connect a device today and get back to you. Thanks for getting back to me on this topic!

16. BusStopStudios

BusStopStudios

Tested on an iPad 3 and no issues so this is only a simulator issue.

17. chmodseven

chmodseven

I can confirm I'm seeing this metal error too in the simulator, even on the Open GL ES APIs.

18. chmodseven

chmodseven

I can confirm that the latest patch 5.0.2p4 released yesterday appears to fix the problem for me.

19. Zhinkk

Zhinkk

It did seem to fix the first error that everyone was having (dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN5metal16g_CurrentEncoderE) but 5.0.2p4 still didn't fix the dyld: Symbol not found: _UnityRegisterProInterface error for me :(

20. venuscles

venuscles

There were actually a few bugs when it was first launched, but know I never met such bugs in my latest project.

21. liju

liju

I new to IOS build , when i try to build following error showing

I using Unity 5.2.1f1 and Xcode 7.0.1(7A1001) . Previous unity version was 5.0.1 , in that version , same error was found thats why i updated unity , even though same error is existing

When i taking build Xcode showing "Buid Succeeded" , when running on simulator , following error is showing .

Warning: Error creating LLDB target at path '/Users/UserName/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-dzxhzbvzarcxwncwpymwfynqdipi/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/GameName.app'- using an empty LLDB target which can cause slow memory reads from remote devices.

dyld: Symbol not found: _assignIdentifiersAndCallbackGameObject Referenced from: /Users/UserName/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/400B12B2-B711-453C-B0E3-7DDF12A770F0/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/E62986EE-618C-4530-B5F8-A09D43162DBD/GameName.app/GameName Expected in: flat namespace in /Users/UserName/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/400B12B2-B711-453C-B0E3-7DDF12A770F0/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/E62986EE-618C-4530-B5F8-A09D43162DBD/GameName.app/GameName (lldb)

please help me , how to solve this problem

22. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

It sounds that some plugin you are using doesn't have implementation for Simulator.