Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

IOS Push Notification Tutorial.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by stanislav-osipov, Nov 11, 2013.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello guys.
    Few days ago I start working on Push notifications for IOS Native Plugin, and I find out that Unity already contains this feature out of the box. Not in the very convenient way but it steel there.

So I want to share with you Push Notification Tutorial Adapted for Unity. Forum Thread can not contain more then 5 images so tutorial is available on Goole Doc (Anyone on the Internet can find and comment ), or you can download it as PDF file (dropbox).

Fully updated for Unity and iOS 7 (original post by Matthijs Hollemans, update by Ali Hafizji). Original post can be found here

I hope it helps.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    siddharth3322 and Cromfeli like this.
  2. ajketan

ajketan

Cheers Man...!!

3. WhosTheBoss

WhosTheBoss

4. manny003

manny003

Just a quick thought... It would appear that one would have to go through the trouble and expense of setting up a server and infrastructure to be able to send push notifications.

Is there such a thing as Send Push Notifications as a service? For example, does Apple provide a web page where, after I log in, I could select my app and manually compose a push message on the fly, click send and have it go out, all from their server and without having to have one of my own?

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  5. Inboxninja

Inboxninja

6. LucasUylings

LucasUylings

Good idea to use SNS from Amazon, but good luck with finding out how it works. Amazon has the worst documentation ever, there are no examples and Amazon can not be reached for any support. Unless ofcourse you are willing to put up € 30.000,00 a month for 24/7-support.

7. martinNonatomic

martinNonatomic

"Amazon has the worst documentation ever,"

Amen