Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[iOS] "Poptok" - Match 3 Language Learning!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Durston88, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Durston88

Durston88

Hello Unity community!

I'm proud to present you with Poptok! Recently released by our studio TicTokLabs, Poptok is a guilt-free way to game. Begin to learn vocabulary for any of our 11 current languages as you progress through a familiar match-three experience.

screen568x568 (4).jpeg screen568x568 (1).jpeg

Each level will include up to six new words to learn, or help reinforce previously learned words. In-game, each color is linked to a specific word, further helping to reinforce memory and retention.

screen568x568 (3).jpeg

Aside from the helpful icons for each word, you can simply tap the word bar at the top of the screen to see the translation and listen to the word again. Trigger special "Pop Quizzes" and answer them correctly for bonus points!

screen568x568.jpeg screen568x568 (2).jpeg

You can download the app for either iPad or iPhone via the app store here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/poptok/id757686904?mt=8

We'd greatly appreciate an app store rating and comments as we try to get this off the ground!

Please also feel free to leave any feedback, praise or criticisms here as well. We'd love to hear from you!

2. TheValar

TheValar

Sounds like a really cool concept and looks polished from the screens. I would certainly give it a try if it were on Android.

3. Durston88

Durston88

Sorry for the late response, busy week! iOS is definitely our first priority for this title, but Facebook and Android are also potential platforms we may look into supporting once this rush is done.

4. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

That sounds awesome!! I'm downloading it right away :D Gonna try spanish!

- Edit -
    What do I do with the faces when they appear? o_O

- Edit 2 -
    I guess I leave them there for the pop quizz on the end

- Edit 3 -
    Oh, they actually have a color I can use :eek: interesting

- Edit 4 -
    Uhhh, if you get a match by chain reaction (You did a match, but by falling another match was formed) it doesn't display the visual representation of the thing, only the word, so you're left confused like: "Uhhh what was that word? o_O"

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  5. Joseph-Ferano

Joseph-Ferano

Hey Daniel, I'm Joseph, the lead developer on the game. We are planning an update in 2 or 3 week that's going to be have a revamped tutorial system as right now it's not where we want it to be. The kids can be matched with bombs as well for a stronger quiz.

The cascades were designed to be a bit more fun while minimizing the learning aspect a bit, in an effort to keep bit a little more fast paced.