Search Unity

IOS Native PlayMaker Action

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Apr 27, 2014.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.
    First implementation of Playmaker actions was added in the IOS Native Assets (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/7421) few weeks.
    I am not using Playmaker in my game. With means I do not know what Playmaker users what. So I really appreciate you review. Please feel free to pos here

• Bug Reports
    • Feature Request
    • General Thoughts - how to improve Playmaker actions implementation for IOS Native

The current actions list is:

Billing
    • ISN_BillingInit
    • ISN_GetProductData
    • ISN_IsInAppsEnabled
    • ISN_PurchaseAction
    • ISN_RestorePurchases
    • ISN_ValidateLastPurchase
    GameCenter
    • ISN_GameCenterInit
    • ISN_GetScore
    • ISN_ShowAchivmentsUI
    • ISN_ShowLeaderboardssUIAction
    • ISN_ShowLeaderboardUIAction
    • ISN_SubmitAchivment
    • ISN_SubmitScore
    NativePopUps
    • ISN_ShowPreloader
    • ISN_HidePreloader
    • ISN_MessagePopUpAction
    • ISN_RatePopUpAction
    • ISN_DialogPopUpAction
    Social
    • ISN_FacebookPost
    • ISN_FacebookPostScreenShot
    • ISN_ScreehSotPostTask
    • ISN_ShareMedia
    • ISN_ShareScreeenShot
    • ISN_TwitterPost
    • ISN_TwitterPostScreenshot
    iAd
    • ISN_CreateBanner
    • ISN_DestroyBanner
    • ISN_HideBanner
    • ISN_ShowBanner
    • ISN_StartInterstisialAd
    • ISN_LoadInterstisialAd
    • ISN_ShowInterstisialAd

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
    XCO likes this.
  2. Slowboy

Slowboy

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to implement Playmaker functions for iOS Native!
    Personally, I am really hoping that you can get iAds in soon! I am really stumped with how to get ads into my game, even with your iOS Native scripts, I am still having trouble understanding exactly how they work :L
    I would love some Playmaker bits that will use iOS Native to show ads for me in a fool(me)proof way!
    Thanks
    Wayne

3. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I am not sure how to manager iAd with playmaker action.
    For iAd next plugin version (already submitted to the asset store) will contain iAd prefab solution. You will only have to drag and drop script on any game object. choose anchor and iAd banner will persist on this scene.

4. XCO

XCO

Hmmm Since there is no IAD yet, Can I use the script You made me with the New playmaker stuff ? So I can use PlayMaker and Iads ?

5. elusive52

elusive52

Man im desperate for these playmaker actions. i hope you can do them soon. Basically any action in code in your instructions for ios native needs a playmaker action.

6. Slowboy

Slowboy

Sounds ideal, I'll look forward to it, thanks! :]

7. Slowboy

Slowboy

Hi Lacost, I'm getting an ArgumentOutOfRange error when trying to select IOSBillingAction from the Playmaker actions list which kills the actions panel completey - goes blank with just a tiny grey square left in the top left of the panel. Quit seems to be the only way to get it back. Could it be something I'm missing? I'm pretty sure I have purchase options set up, or could it be throwing a wobbly because I haven't set my billlings up properly?
    Thanks for your time, much appreciated!
    Wayne

8. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep, that i known issue, and It already fixed with next update.
    Also new playmaker action been added, I will update first post.

9. Fox Hideous

Fox Hideous

I think there should be a Restore Function in Billing. I haven't purchased IOS Native yet but I will soon then I will be able to help test out the playmaker actions

10. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep you right, thanks for the tip, will add it to the next release.

11. gravyleaves

gravyleaves

How about Game Center multiplayer matchmaking? I don't have playmaker yet so I'm not sure how feasible this is

12. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

That is pretty big actually.
    And I do not think it will be useful for playmaker users.
    Point is that it not similar for Phonon, it does not have RPC.
    This is super flexible system with provide your ability to connect / disconnect / invite / send packages / receive packages
    I use byte packages with my own protocol, I am comfortable to work this way. I Think playmaker users would like to get something similar to photon, with RPC and other stuff. And I planing to do this, but only finishing Realtime and Step by Step mathcing with IOS Native and Android Native

13. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

A lot of new actions added with new updated.
    The first post is updated. IOS Native now contains more that 30 PlayMaker Actions!

14. XCO

XCO

Hey whats up dude, thanx again for all your HARD WORK and COMMITMENT! Just amazing :)

I was wondering if you looked into the issue of the sound stopping in the game after an Interstellar ad has played ?

Also I have not had a chance to download the latest build of your IOS or UNITY is everything ok should I update ?

thanx for everything...

15. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I do not have this issue. I would appreciate of you will get latest version and let me know if it steel there.
    Cheers!

16. XCO

XCO

For sure I will do that. If you play my game FLAT BAT FLAP the one you helped me with. And an Inter IAD comes on - you will see after you close it the Sound for my game does not come back, on. Maybe it's because of the code you made me. I dunno. But you can check it out if you want....

Anyways ure the best dude, love ure stuff...

17. XCO

XCO

So to start an IAD should I do this:

ISN_Load Int Ad

ISN_Start Int Ad

ISN_Show Int Ad

In that order ? Or is it just one of them ?

18. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Basically it's

//do it on the scene init
    ISN_Load Int Ad

//and just show it immediately when you need.
    ISN_Show Int Ad

or
    //it will load ad and show as soon as it ready.
    ISN_Start Int Ad

Cheers!

19. XCO

XCO

Thank you this works perfectly. I updated Bat Flap Bat so I just have to wait and see if the Iad sound issue is gone since the test Iads dont have them...

Anyways thanx bro. Great Products and support!

20. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks for playmaker action, now I will have to buy the asset!

21. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Thanks for support :)

22. StarHunter32

StarHunter32

Hello, I finally got time to try the plugin with Playmaker. I don't seem to get it working.
    Here's what I do:

1. I run the "ISN_Billing Init" action at the start of the game and set it to do not destroy.
    2. I set up the App ID (number) and IAP name in the Billing Settings.
    3. I try to make a purchase with the ISN_Purchase Action action.
    4. Build and run on device: here I get an error on the device "Cannot connect to the payment servers. Check your connection."

Correct BundleID in Unity and Xcode, logged out completely before testing.
    Am I doing something wrong here?
    Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  23. Graham-B

Graham-B

This plugin was truly a breeze to setup. I have my Playmaker project with Game Center running on my device mostly fine, I do have an issue however. I'm able to submit leaderboard scores, but I am NOT able to submit achievements.

Any ideas?

I will post back here again once I have an answer.

24. Graham-B

Graham-B

So I figured this one out, the progress value in the "submit achievement" action cannot be left at "none." You must manually enter "100" to submit a completed achievement. Maybe you can make that variable required to make it more obvious to users.

I suspect it is due to this part of the documentation:
    "I recommend to register all achievements in GameCenterManager. If you will skip this step GameCenterManager.achievements array will contain only achievements with reported progress."
    But since I'm not a programmer, I am not sure what this entailed.

The only issue now is, notifications check box doesn't work. I unlock the achievement but there is no notification. I've tried it checked and unchecked.

Excellent asset otherwise!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  25. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello.

Looks like the problem in the app set up, please go over this checklist
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Q24UQKos3x0P3BQjc/edit#heading=h.sf462dgtgpc2

Thanks for report about it.

Yep it is common issue with IOS 7, I will update the PM action with fix.
    Cheers!

26. DennisJensen

DennisJensen

Hi,

thank you so much for these actions, it helped a lot.

I think I have a bug, when trying to share on twitter with a screenshot, it just opens a share window with different social media, instead of going directly to twitter with the text i suggested.

It does work with facebook.

Cheers
    Dennis

27. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I will check this report, thanks a lot.

28. StarHunter32

StarHunter32

Hi, as already mailed I have a small issue.

When I exit while the transaction is processing or simply have poor connection when I reopen the app I get: "You've already purchased this but it hasn't been downloaded". And it start asking almost every where - when app starts, when finding wi-fi and etc. Also the actual iap does not work anymore giving this message. Is there a way to clean this error/log message?

29. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

I got your issue. I will test it and release fix for this in next update. Thanks for report.

Cheers!

30. StarHunter32

StarHunter32

Thank you. However, is it safe to sumbit before the update?

31. Graham-B

Graham-B

Is this fixed in the latest 4.5 release?

EDIT: I've updated and it doesn't appear to be, any ETA for this action fix?

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  32. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Not sure what you mean :)

I will submit 4.6 update, this weekends. It will contain that fix :) Normally update are release every two weeks.

33. ababab5

ababab5

Hi all,

How can I restore with playmaker more than 1 in app purchased ? I can just take one ID, but if there is two in apps (so 2 IDs...)

Thanks !

34. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hello, that for the note. It's already fixed and will be available in new version. I will send you update to PM.
    Cheers!

XCO likes this.
  35. XCO

XCO

Hey whats up dude, I really need a STEP by STEP guide to implementing in APP Purchases with the Playamker actions ??

It is harder than I thought :| Please let me know if there is a guide like this, or if you can tell me the steps, I really need this ASAP ??

Do I start with ?

ISn_Billing_INT

and than move to

ISN_get product data ? And if so what do i do here ?

HELPppppppp me :D

thank you for an amazing product I really love ure stuff...

Whiskey Mike likes this.
  36. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

Hi again! I emailed you about some other questions & issues (mostly just about proper setup and organization of the banner & interstitial ads using the PlayMaker actions). For this specific topic, though, I have a question I have also seen mentioned in the iOS Native online documentation:

Do I need to load an ad each time I want to show something new, or does the iAd content update automatically each time the ad is "shown" using the show action?

The question was originally asked with regard to banner ads (so I guess I'm still wondering that as well). In testing, all I ever see if the Apple test ads, and their documentation is not very helpful... :/

Thanks again for the great plugins & awesome support!

37. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

Quoted for support - I started working with that today as well & got lost very quickly. If there is a guide for setting this up with PlayMaker, it would be EXTREMELY helpful! :)

38. XCO

XCO

hey dude for the sake of helping Ill try this out...

I think you just do a load iad and than you do a show iad and thats it...

I am not sure if you need to load every time but I know it wont hurt either :D

39. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

Thanks! Well, so far I've tried both methods for interstitial ads (both the "Load" and then "Show", as well as the "Start" by itself). So far, the "Load"/"Show" approach has not worked at all. The ad never appears, no matter how many times I attempt to load and/or show it. No error appears in the Xcode log, it simply doesn't produce any results whatsoever.

The "Start" method works very well, except that it sometimes takes quite a while to actually appear (6-7 seconds, which is a problem because during this time the player can hit menu buttons -- like to replay the game, at which point interstitial ads appear over top of gameplay). I assume that this is why the "Load"/"Show" approach is preferable (so you don't have to wait for the load when you want the ad to appear).

I think it would help if the "Success" event fired when the ad actually appeared on screen -- right now it appears to fire when the request to load/show it is made. Is that accurate? What I really need is a way to tell if the ad actually loaded and/or was displayed on screen within PlayMaker, so that I can make menu buttons available/visible again.

Without that, I can't effectively use interstitial ads at all.

40. XCO

XCO

Hmm not sure buddy. I use Load Iad on a blank gameobject and also put a fail attempt to loop back to the load :)

And a success goes to the Show state

And thats all I do. works every time. Not sure what else to say, make sure you have done everything you need to do in itunes connect maybe ? And if its still not working, than stan will figure it out for sure. :)

41. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

I may try the loop idea if I can't get this to work. Yeah, everything is setup correctly in iTunes Connect but I am running into many other issues with some of these PlayMaker actions. As an example, I am seeing that the ISN_ShowBanner action does not progress to any other state in the FSM. If I have that action in a state by itself, with a transition event of "FINISHED", the FSM will never progress past that state (whether the banner shows up or not). This is on iPhone & iPad, not just in editor (though I have also noticed that the iAd actions do not have the "If in editor mode, force through the success event" structure, like so many of the other iOS Native actions do.

Super frustrated at the moment. :(

42. XCO

XCO

We need Stan the Man :D

43. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Sorry for slow replay guys.
    I will do the guides today or tomorrow and will post the url's here.
    Cheers!

XCO and Whiskey Mike like this.
  44. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

Thanks Stan!

XCO likes this.
  45. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Whiskey Mike and XCO like this.
  46. XCO

XCO

47. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Your welcome :)

XCO likes this.
  48. XCO

XCO

Nevermind I figured it out... Not sure but I think putting the take screenshot action with a play sound makes it kinda crazy not sure...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  49. Whiskey Mike

Whiskey Mike

Thanks again Stan!

Only one question, regarding this:

"Do not fill the bannerId section. It will be filled after banner is create. Store this id. It will be used to control create banner with following playmaker actions"

How do we get the id to store, using the PM actions? Is there a "get banner ID" action available, or is that something that can be retrieved with a Get Property? For testing I simply entered 1 in the banner fields (for Create, Show, and Hide actions) and it successfully loads & displays the iAd "test" ad banner. Seems there's no way to test with live ads on iAd (unlike Google's system) unless I'm missing something.

50. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

This is not iAd banner id, this is your internal banner Id.
    You can simply store bannerId in your PM variable and then use it with another actions to control the banner.

It's working with id 1, because 1-st created banner in your app has id 1. second will have id 2 and so on.