Search Unity

IOS Game, Unreal Trials, is now Free

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by reptilebeats, Jul 23, 2014.

1. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

Hey guys this is the first game i made a while back but have re released it for free until my developer account expires, moving to pc games.

but i would love to get some feedback from the community on this game.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id898971392?mt=8

2. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Looks good imho

3. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

thanks

4. GeneBox

GeneBox

You should put up some screenshots and / or a trailer / gameplay video.

5. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

heres a pretty old video of some game-play, currently putting screenshot functionality into the game which should make life a bit easier.

6. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

might need the link lol

7. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

new Update has been submitted for testing.

8. supermud

supermud

Did make your own bike physics or did you buy them from the asset store? And if you did make your own how did you do that? Thanks

9. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

no pretty much everything is done by me, the bike was created kinda based on how they work in real life.
    so the back Tyre applies rigid-body force up to a maximum amount and forces the rest of the bike forward. then i have different parts of the bike like suspension and a few bars as separate objects linked to each other. in fact most of the bikes actual movement was done just using joints and rigid body force, the only tricky part was getting the balance right for different rigidbodys. unity help pages though even say that its all just numbers so if a wheel is lighter than say a suspension spring then don't worry about it as long it works to how you want it.

10. supermud

supermud

Okay thanks and one last question. Did you use the premade Unity Side Scroller or did you start from scratch.

11. reptilebeats

reptilebeats

i started from scratch, only tools i used were NGUI and a couple social and rate my app plugins. this was my first project i did about 3 years ago so started with the bike and just kept at it until i made a playable game, had to rewrite a lot of code but definitely worth it.

re releasing now as im moving to pc instead.