Search Unity

[iOS/Android/PC/Mac] Labyrinth of Fables

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by jonlab, Jul 16, 2014.

1. jonlab

jonlab

Hi all !

We just released our "Labyrinth of Fables" app.

This is a work by Copper Frances Giloth, an American artist, teacher and researcher from Amherst, Massachusetts, USA.
    I did the Unity programming as well as some other tasks, like simple 3D modeling (I am mainly a programmer), lighting, french translations (the app being available in french and english)...
    A lot of people helped on the project.

From the app description :
    This app was made with Unity and is available on mobiles (Android/iOS smartphones and tablets) and desktops (Mac/PC) for free.

Links to the app :
    A post about the project on my website : http://www.jon-lab.com/index.php/applications-mobiles/38-le-labyrinthe-de-versailles

You can play the game by actually walking with your device (and point it in space to look around in augmented reality) in the gardens of the Chateau de Versailles near Paris, France, or in a place large enough (about 40 000 square meters). You will need a device with the GPS AND a gyroscope + compass.
    You can also play the game in touch mode (if you don't want to walk or do not have a compatible device). In that case, this is a walkthrough in the lost Labyrinth : Double tap on the ground to move, touch and drag to look around, touch a fountain to interact : Read the fable, try to guess the moral and the labyrinth will grow around you !

This project is a v1, and we are currently looking at a v2 with a lot of improvements on the 3D content, like real 3D modeling of the fountains and the objects that were in the Labyrinth.

2. jonlab

jonlab

And there is an Oculus Rift version almost finished !

3. jonlab

jonlab

A few more screenshots :

4. jonlab

jonlab

5. jonlab

jonlab

6. jonlab

jonlab