Search Unity

iOS 6 Compatibility

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by bbrode, Jul 7, 2012.

1. bbrode

bbrode

My Unity games won't run in iOS6. I get the following error. Any advice, or ETA on compatibility fix?

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    "ConvertToUnityScreenOrientation(int, EnabledOrientation*)", referenced from:
    -[UnityViewController shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:] in AppController.o
    -[UnityViewController willRotateToInterfaceOrientation:duration:] in AppController.o
    -[UnityViewController didRotateFromInterfaceOrientation:] in AppController.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

2. autonomous411

autonomous411

Any news on this? Things work if I wipe out the appcontroller.mm calls to this...but that's not a solution.

3. goat

goat

If I remember correctly configure your game on the xCode project configuration page to stay in Landscape or stay in Portrait.

4. Slyrfecso1

Slyrfecso1

Hi!

I have the same problem.
    I tried armv6, then armv6+armv7, then armv7 but not solved.
    I tried all orientations, but not solved.

I use Lion 10.7.4 and Unity 3.5.2f2
    I have iPhone 4 with iOS6 beta 2.

5. goat

goat

I just recognized that you guys are using iOS 6 beta. I think it's better in that case you ask Apple for support. Unity is not going to do a patch and release it for a beta.

But to save you a bit of time have you upgraded iOS on your HW too and not just downloaded the iOS 6 beta SDK as a target?

The bug I was referring to earlier has been resolved, I just tested it, but only if you're running released SW. I have iOS 5.1.1, xCode 4.3.3, os X Lion 10.7.4,.and Unity 3.5.3f3.

If you keep messing with needless beta upgrades and the like you're gonna wind up a systems administrator and will you be disappointed ;-P

6. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

1. Upgrade to Unity 3.5.3
    2. Replace your Xcode project instead of appending it when doing build&run from Unity.

7. bernardfrancois

bernardfrancois

Thanks, Mantas - just upgraded to the latest version (from 3.5.1f to 3.5.6), and this fixed the problem for me too.

8. octaviomejiadiaz

octaviomejiadiaz

im ussing now iOS 6.0.1 and appears this problem, is the solution upgrade unity im using unity 3.5.0 , update to 3.5.3 or later????is that the solution??

please help!!!!

9. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

You might try changing compiler version from system default (apple llvm) to GCC in Xcode project build settings. But still upgrading to 3.5.6 is highly recommended, because it fixes many iOS 6.0 autorotation and many other bugs.