Search Unity

Inventory Pro - uGUI - Performance - Mobile support & More

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jorisshh, Mar 8, 2015.

?

What should I build next?

1. New currency system

14.1%
  2. Improved serialization / saving for web

10.8%
  3. Better properties for items (percentages, base values, etc)

27.2%
  4. Controller support

15.4%
  5. Unity 5.1 networking (multiplayer)

36.9%
  6. More modular build to simplify extending

25.1%
  7. UFPS Multiplayer (Asset integration)

11.5%
  8. Core GameKit (Asset integration)

4.1%
  9. Dialogue system (Asset integration)

21.3%
  10. Wordpress integration (Asset integration)

4.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jorisshh

jorisshh

It's the distance to the player (the one with the InventoryPlayer script attached to it), you currently can't switch this to the camera.

2. jorisshh

jorisshh

Update v2.2.1

Alright, finally done with the new currency system! I made my life a little harder by adding some extra features. Currencies can now be auto. convert to others. For example:

There's regular conversions that can be used through the API, but there are also auto. conversion. For example you might have Gold, Silver and copper. Gold is worth a 100 silver, and 1 silver is worth 1 copper. You can set up the conversions to auto. convert between the currencies when 1 runs out.

Example:
    You have 1 gold 0 silver and 0 copper and would like to buy an apple for 5 copper. Which converts the gold down to 0 gold 99 silver and 95 copper.

Also, because of the simple API you can use payment processors to re-fill specific currencies.

A thing to note:

Because of the new currency system currencies are no longer serialized (saved / loaded). This will be re-supported in a future update.

And lastly, because I'll be going on vacation soon support will be limited, because of this I'll drop the pro price down to $40 to keep it fair.

And the changelog :)

----- V2.2.1
    New:
    - Added equipHelper for InventoryPlayer
    - Setup wizard update, now checks item holders
    - Triggerers now have an extra method to send the player as well (for future multiplayer support)
    - Better collection restrictions getting started, elements can also be re-used for filters
    - Added setup wizard issues to main editor window
    - Added InfoBoxUI option to avoid hiding it.
    - More advanced generator with groups
    - Unified objectTriggerers system (3rd perseon and 1st person)
    - (plyGame) Added 3 blox events that can be used with temp variables ( get category, categoryID and itemTypeName )
    - stringFormat for properties to allow showing the max value as well
    - Custom raycasting solution, OnMouseEnter and Exit don't work all that well with UI
    - Added hotspot control for cursors.
    - Vendor and Lootables can now use editor to configure the generator.
    - New currency system
    - Currency update & removed all old currency systems like formatters
    - Updated singletons on managers to handle editors as well
    - Adding currency to the bank

Fixes:
    - UFPS refactoring
    - Renamed InventoryContextMenuItem to InventoryContextRowUI
    - Updated Behavior designer tasks to handle changes
    - Fixed bug in MyCustomCollectionTriggerer (instantiating items)
    - Category editor fix
    - Fixed build error "ItemRarities".
    - multiple InventoryItemBase components fixed (undo bug in editor)
    - Drag handler cleanup
    - Range fix (clicking on triggerers)
    - Dragging fix when window closes
    - Equipment positioning fix (equipment editor)
    - Fixed UFPS Multiplayer bugs + updated scenes to handle new currency system
    - Item picker fix for rarities

Known issues:
    - Dialog needs some updating to reflect the currency. (Add currency dialog?)

julianr and Tiny-Tree like this.
  3. jorisshh

jorisshh

The new tutorial is also live including a 2nd short coding tutorial on how to use properties ^^

hopeful likes this.
  4. Snownebula

Snownebula

5. Snownebula

Snownebula

I wonder how long before its on the asset store.

6. jorisshh

jorisshh

Usually about 2-3 days, with a bit of luck it should be live before the weekend :)

7. Snownebula

Snownebula

I cant wait :D

8. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

great, is it a good idea to use only your stats formatter to calculate our player stats? like we increase base values on level ups, have buffs etc, if we level up and increase one stats the event for stats changed will fire?

9. jorisshh

jorisshh

The stats formatter has been completely removed and replaced with the new string formatting in 2.2.1. It gives roughly the same amount of freedom, yet is a whole lot easier to use.

And yup, you can change the stats any way you like, and when using the Set / Change methods the events will auto. be fired and currentValue will be recalculated :)

P.S. 2.2.1 just went live in the asset store :D

hopeful likes this.
  10. hopeful

hopeful

I'm trying to run 8.AllDone on the new version and I get the following error, twice:

NullReferenceException: (null)
    UnityEditor.SerializedObject..ctor (UnityEngine.Object[] objs) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/SerializedPropertyBindings.gen.cs:72)
    UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:151)
    UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:144)

11. jorisshh

jorisshh

Unity editor bug, simply restart Unity, and all will be well :)

12. hopeful

hopeful

And ... very true! (Eventually I may catch on.) ;)

13. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

just tested last update: i deleted Inventory folder, reimported the update then after compiling:

Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/ObjectTriggererItemUFPS.cs(11,51): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Multiplayer' does not exist in the namespace `Devdog.InventorySystem.Integration.UFPS'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

i have only the first ufps (base) integration ticked, so i commented the line using UFPS multiplayer namespace

also in editor you might change "Curreny Editor" into "Currency Editor"
    also i tested currencies, we can select the type of currency to convert
    once a currency created we cant select it on the item sell price

if i try to create an "unusable item" i got the error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.InventoryCurrencyLookupEditor.OnGUI (Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Currency/Editor/InventoryCurrencyLookupEditor.cs:30)
    UnityEditor.PropertyDrawer.OnGUISafe (Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyDrawer.cs:23)
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUI (Rect position, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:134)
    UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:195)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6811)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:6793)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.InventoryItemBaseEditor.OnCustomInspectorGUI (Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.CustomOverrideProperty[] extraOverride) (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Items/Editor/InventoryItemBaseEditor.cs:372)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.InventoryEditorBase.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Other/Editor/InventoryEditorBase.cs:33)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.ItemEditor.DrawDetail (Devdog.InventorySystem.InventoryItemBase item, Int32 index) (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Managers/Editor/InventoryEditors/Items/ItemEditor.cs:225)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.InventorySystemEditorCrudBase`1[T].Draw () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Managers/Editor/InventoryEditors/Crud/InventorySystemEditorCrudBase.cs:93)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.EmptyEditor.Draw () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Managers/Editor/InventoryEditors/EmptyEditor.cs:115)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Editors.InventoryMainEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Managers/Editor/InventoryMainEditor.cs:226)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    jorisshh likes this.
  14. jorisshh

jorisshh

Thanks for testing, fixed the bugs right away.
    - ObjectTriggererItemUFPS - Fixed
    - Renamed curreny

As for the error when creating an Unusable item, do you have the managers and a database in your current scene? These are required to get the currencies.

15. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

nevermind i found what was the problem currency have plural and single name, i only setup single name so it could not find the plural name, thats probably what make my editor crash on item creation, you should probably add the red field overlay on plural name to not be mandatory as it make lot of problem if we dont set all variable

can we set item price to 1 currency A and 20 currency B?

16. jorisshh

jorisshh

Thanks for the update, it appears Linq's Select() filters out empty strings, offsetting the indices.
    Made the fields required for the next update :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  17. takapi

takapi

Hi, jorisshh.
    When the number of Crafting category is increased, it is very hard.

18. jorisshh

jorisshh

Thanks for the heads up, consider it fixed in the next version :)

19. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

How would you go about creating an inventory with items already in the inventory collection?

20. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

use this :

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using Devdog.InventorySystem;
    5. public class SetInventory : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public InventoryItemBase[] items = new InventoryItemBase[0];
    8.     public ItemCollectionBase collectionToAddTo;
    10.     public void Start()
    11.     {
    12.         foreach(InventoryItemBase item in items)
    13.         {
    14.             collectionToAddTo.AddItem(item, null, true, false);
    15.         }
    16.     }
    18. }

jorisshh likes this.
  21. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Thanks for the fast response Damien! That script was pretty awesome.

22. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

which script deals directly with clicking on the 2d icon, somehow lets the inventory manager know to equip/use the prefab/item?

I'm trying to understand the demo scenes, but so far all are broken except number 8 (2d and done scenes).

I'm not sure if this is even what I want. I just want my characters to wear the armour I created. I am using UMA 2. I tested it before and it worked when following the tutorials (pick up an object). But if trying to equip an item thats already in my inventory...nothing happens. I place the icon onto the character UI but the helmet doesn't appear on my character.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  23. jorisshh

jorisshh

The InventoryItemWrapper* scripts handle the UI clicks / keyboard presses on the skillbar. These then call the item's Use() method (which can also be called directly). The Use() differs for all major items. For example the consumable's use is to consume the item, for equippable to equip, and so on.

So, once the equippable Use() is called it will call the Equip() action to equip the item to the character. If Visual equipment is enabled equip will call the player's equipment helper, which will handle all the visual equipment onto the player.

I'm not much of an UMA user, but I think you want to create a new item type that implements the EquippableInventoryItem and override the Use() method. Once used you'll likely want to call an UMA method to show the mesh / object onto the character. ( Also, when you add a new type it will auto. be detected by the main editor's item creator, and you can add custom fields that will auto. be rendered inside it, so no need to alter your workflow :) ).

Richardm1985 likes this.
  24. jorisshh

jorisshh

For future references, there's also a script called CollectionPopulator in the demo's folder that does just this :D

Richardm1985 likes this.
  25. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Thanks Jorissh, just trying to see what I can do with UMA scripting.

Also I've noticed the item I created using a model overtime accumulates multiple "Inventory Item Base" scripts...is this normal?

Edit:

It doesn't seem to be working, I've added a debug statement at the start of the "Use" function in the original "EquippableInventoryItem.cs" and my derived class but neither debug statement fires off.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  26. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

To be honest...lol I got no clue in what I am doing. I THINK I have a rough idea...but it seems so confusing. None of the debug calls work and now my items from the inventory database are created without database scripts (object trigger and equippable inventory item) even though the prefabs have these scripts....is that what's suppose to happen?

So I need to create a new class, like DerivedEquippableInventoryItem which derives from EquippableInventoryItem and override the "Equip" method? Place this script on every single equippable item in my inventory and delete the EquippableInventoryItem script?

How would I get the new derived script to communicate to my UMA character? It seems every single item will need to get a reference to the character and call its update mesh (Dirty()) method?

27. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Ok it seems the debug's weren't working because I had the "equip visually" field selected and so I was not using the "Use" or "Equip" functions but the public delegate void EquippedVisually(InventoryPlayerEquipTypeBinder binder, InventoryPlayer player); and public event EquippedVisually OnEquippedVisually;

I've never worked with events or delegates. It seems that's where I need to make edits to have the armour attach to the UMA. How would I access those events?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the bombardment of questions lol

28. jorisshh

jorisshh

The easiest way to handle this would probably be on the player, after all that's where all visual equipment events are send.

The code below is a good starting point. The player has a reference to the CharacterUI, which stores all the equipped items. By registering the events OnAddedItem and OnRemovedItem we can add our own code whenever an item is added or removed from / to the player (equipped / un-equipped).

So from there, simply call whatever UMA method is required to equip an item :)
    Code (CSharp):
    2. public class MyUMAPlayer : InventoryPlayer
    3.     {
    4.         public override void Awake()
    5.         {
    6.             base.Awake();
    7.             RegisterEquipmentEvents();
    8.         }
    9.        protected void RegisterEquipmentEvents()
    10.        {
    11.            // Register the event OnAddedItem. Whenever an item is added to the player (any item), the lambda below fill fire.
    12.            characterCollection.OnAddedItem += (IEnumerable<InventoryItemBase> items, uint amount, bool cameFromCollection) =>
    13.            {
    14.                // Item equipped to player
    15.                // Do something with item
    17.                var item = items.First();
    18.            };
    19.            // Register the event OnRemovedItem. Whenever an item is removed from the player (any item), the lambda below fill fire.
    20.            characterCollection.OnRemovedItem += (InventoryItemBase item, uint itemID, uint slot, uint amount) =>
    21.            {
    22.                // Item un-equipped from player
    23.                // Do something with item
    24.            };
    25.        }
    26.     }

Richardm1985 likes this.
  29. GermKraze

GermKraze

What happen to this? I use to be able to at least load the demo scene for UFPS but now i get a crap ton of errors and cant even pick a gun up it just floats away lol am i missing some thing that has happen lately ?

30. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

had no error on ufps, maybe you can post your error log here that would help a little

31. GermKraze

GermKraze

Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Integration/UFPS/Multiplayer/InventoryMPUFPSPickupManager.cs(17,33): error CS0115: `Devdog.InventorySystem.Integration.UFPS.Multiplayer.InventoryMPUFPSPickupManager.Awake()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Im a bit of a noob and haven't messed around with unity in a few months so im sure its something simple i forgot to do. For some reason i don't have the inventory pro or ufps menu any more either even from a fresh project.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  32. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i believe you have downloaded the last version without deleting the Folder /Assets/InventorySystem/ ?

the script InventoryMPUFPSPickupManager does not exist in last version of inventory system, to fix this:
    -check you havent added scripts or content inside Assets/InventorySystem/, move them in an other folder, then delete Assets/InventorySystem/
    -import the last version on the store, if your scene have missing references Jorissh made a video on how to update.

33. takapi

takapi

Hi, jorisshh.
    Number display of consumption items, I think the lower right is better than the right.

34. jorisshh

jorisshh

UFPS was updated just the moment Inventory Pro's new update went live, so there are some problems with this. I have since fixed the issue and will try to push the update as soon as possible.

For now, you could remove the override keyword from the Awake() method in InventoryMPUFPSPickupManager and remove the base.Awake() statement.

35. jorisshh

jorisshh

Just preferences I suppose, I'm sure there are plenty of arguments to keep them in the top right :). Of course you can modify this to your liking, Simply duplicate the current UI_Item_* modify it to your liking ^^.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  36. Snownebula

Snownebula

Hmm ... I'm getting inventory is full. What am I missing? I'm trying to just copy the v8complete into my scene.

37. jorisshh

jorisshh

Try checking your player's InventoryPlayer component and make sure the inventories are referenced on it.

38. Snownebula

Snownebula

Anyone ever run into this problem before:

39. jorisshh

jorisshh

Do you mean the looting or the Y Axis problem? You can fix the looting on collision in the settings. As for the Y Axis it's likely in your player controller ;)

40. Snownebula

Snownebula

Thanks got it. I forgot when I copied the canvas to fix the inventory thing.

41. Snownebula

Snownebula

How should I go about creating the character window in UMAzing? I'm having some trouble with this part. I have the window made but the camera part that needs the tag to see the character. As you know the character doesn't exist until the game is started so I'm not sure how to go about solving this.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  42. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

I would think adding a second camera that renders a layer labelled something like "Character" and when you instantiate the UMA, place it on the "Character" layer?

43. Snownebula

Snownebula

I don't instantiate anything, it gets generated.

44. jorisshh

jorisshh

As long as you have a reference to the player you could write a recursive method to set all layers to something that you provide. Then create a camera that renders to a render texture using that specific layer, and finally associate that render texture in a UI element to show it to the user.

>> Setting the layer recursively.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         protected void SetLayerRecursive(GameObject obj, int layer)
    2.         {
    3.             obj.layer = layer;
    4.             foreach (Transform t in obj.transform)
    5.             {
    6.                 SetLayerRecursive(t.gameObject, layer);
    7.             }
    8.         }

45. Richardm1985

Richardm1985

Hey Jorisshh,

I just created that UMA script you made for me, but I keep getting the below error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Models.InventoryCharacterStat.NotifyCharacterCollection () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Modules/CharacterEquipment/Models/InventoryCharacterStat.cs:207)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Models.InventoryCharacterStat.SetMaxValueRaw (Single value, Boolean andIncreaseCurrentValue, Boolean fireEvents) (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Modules/CharacterEquipment/Models/InventoryCharacterStat.cs:183)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Models.InventoryCharacterStat..ctor (Devdog.InventorySystem.InventoryPlayer player, System.String statName, Single baseValue, Single maxValue, Boolean showInUI) (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Modules/CharacterEquipment/Models/InventoryCharacterStat.cs:96)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.Models.InventoryCharacterStat..ctor (Devdog.InventorySystem.InventoryPlayer player, Devdog.InventorySystem.Models.InventoryItemProperty property)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.CharacterStatsPropertiesDataProvider.Prepare (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 appendTo) (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Modules/CharacterEquipment/StatDataProviders/CharacterStatsPropertiesDataProvider.cs:34)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.CharacterUI.PrepareCharacterStats () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Modules/CharacterEquipment/CharacterUI.cs:253)
    Devdog.InventorySystem.CharacterUI.Awake () (at Assets/InventorySystem/Scripts/Modules/CharacterEquipment/CharacterUI.cs:101)

I made no changes to the CharacterUI script or the panel. I kept experimenting on my player changing UMA properties, but even if I go back to my default settings, I keep getting this error.

Is it about character or item stats? because I didn't make any yet.

46. jorisshh

jorisshh

Just tested it out, works fine for me? A thing you could try is to set the script execution order (if you go to Editor > Project settings > Script execution order. and add the MyUMAPlayer script and place it just below the InventoryPlayer component), which might solve your problem.

Richardm1985 likes this.
  47. jorisshh

jorisshh

I noticed quite a few people were trying to get UMA to work, so I figured I'd give it a try :)

Using the item editor you can choose the object you wish to equip, as well as the equipment location, and voila :)

48. TRoNDaNeflin

TRoNDaNeflin

Just wanted to share that this update was a breeze without a single problem or error (just the 'gold script' was missing from 5 or 6 windows objects - maybe bacause it was removed on this version because it isn't needed, I guess).

All the refered bugs are fixed and everything looks perfect now.

@jorisshh: You've earned my very positive review on the Asset Store \,,/ Keep up the good job!

PS: And those new UMA features... can't wait to try them out! :)

49. Teila

Teila

Jorisshh, I notice that you can replace the overlay but do not see any evidence that the slot can be replaced also. Is that something you could try? Most of the UMA clothes require switching slots rather than just overlays, since an overlay really doesn't do anything but paint over the body.

If you can do this, you will have a very, and I mean VERY sought after system, more so than already. We use your inventory system already and love it. I want to get my UMA friends to use it as well. :)

Thanks.

Richardm1985 and hopeful like this.
  50. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Ugh. Uma, i really don't like it because I can't use it with UFPS.