Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Inventory Plus, awesome inventory, crafting and equipment asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjnieto, Oct 24, 2014.

1. jjnieto

jjnieto

Hello,
    we are just about to launch our new asset Inventory Plus. It was a work of more than two months developing, testing and designing an asset which will cover all the functionality an AAA inventory should has.

We are wondering to launch the asset at 15$ and we wish to get your feedbacks.

If you wish to see a demo video click the link:

This is a summary of the functionality:
    · AAA visual inventory, equipment and crafting
    · Looting and drop in-scene system
    · Crafting system, both Recipe (RPG like games) or Free mode (adventure like games)
    · Player equipment and statistics
    · Drag&drop items between inventory, equipment and crafting windows
    · Stackable items to a predefined limit per item
    · Customizable in-game tool tip window
    · Nine preset skins (more to come) or customize your own skin easily
    · More than 120 configurable parameters
    · Can set level of experience for use, craft and equip any item
    · Optional Weight mode for inventory
    · Customizable sounds for pick-up, drop, error and equip
    · Auto save/load inventory contents
    · Professional custom editor
    · Works both on Unity Free and Unity Pro
    · Works on Mobile (*no left click implemented)
    · Unlimited item database for equipment and consumable items
    · Auto generated item icon from prefab, with transparent background!
    · Three looting modes, mouse click, key press and auto collect
    · Define minimum activation distance for loot
    · Define your own player statistics and its values in items
    · Customize and apply changes to the inventory in scene
    · Professional recipe editor. Items can be combined or break into other items
    · Translate easily to any language. Localizable strings class.
    · Full documented API and third party integration
    · And more... much more options! see our web www.3y3.net/inventory

Here are some screen caps.

invmain.png
    This is the look of the Fantasy 1 skin, there are 8 more skins in the asset (terror, scifi... see the video for more info) , and more to come :)

cap01.png
    In-scene loot and drop items

cap02.png
    Nice tooltip on mouse over item

cap05.png
    Equipment and stats fully customizable. Custom variables and user defined slots.

cap03.png
    Two crafting modes, recipe mode for RPG similar games and free mode for adventure like games.

And much more options up to 120 configurable parameters. Please visit the web for more info and screen caps and tell us your opinion!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. MJohnson24

MJohnson24

I'd have to say this is a great pack indeed. You have plenty of whats needed for an asset of inventory systems. The user interface looks quite friendly. Although one thing ive noticed is that this is a third person script, but when gear is equipped it does not show on character. Im not putting this pack down in anyway, because some people want visuals, and some people do not. I am not in the "buy mode" at the moment, but if I were to buy this asset, I'd say $15 sounds great!

I wish you good luck!
    -Aquarius Max-

3. jjnieto

jjnieto

Hi!
    thanks a lot for your comment, we really appreciate it :)
    You are right, the asset does not care on change the visual look of the third person player when an item is equipped. In fact we think that is a very personal decision for the programmer how should look the main character.
    Instead we focused on provide a complete nice inventory and leave the programmer the in-game characterization. Take in mind that you can add any prefab to the inventory and is almost impossible to manage how to fit this asset in the character (exact position of the prefab, rotation, scaling, IK...) for all possible characters the programmer wish to use :p

Thanks anyway!

4. MJohnson24

MJohnson24

well, yes, actually you are correct, everyone has their own style, and every person might have different sizes or shapes to their characters, so yes keeping out the visual factor is in fact a good thing. I do like your asset, and in the future will probably end up buying it. I am self-taught in the programming and scripting language, and am trying many different alternatives to a nice unique inventory system, but having occasional errors here and there as expected. But yours is very original indeed.

5. Wavinator

Wavinator

Great work!

Couple of questions:
    Is source included?
    Is it possible to adjust parameters like inventory size / shape / skin at runtime?
    Support for stacking?
    Is "visible equipment slots" customizable to your own equipment types?

6. jjnieto

jjnieto

Hello, I answer your questions:
    Yes, full source C# code is included (and well commented :)
    Yes, You can change inventory size, shape, skin, title, fonts and any visual parameter at runtime.
    Yes, you can define the stack limit by item without any limit. There is also functionality to split stacks in runtime (right click)
    Yes, you can configure the visible slots even in runtime, you can also change the hint text that is displayed in the equipment window. But you cannot create more slots than predefined. That is, there are 2 ring slots, 1 amulet/gem slot, 2 weapon slot, head, shoulder, gloves, chest, belt, pants and boots. You can show or hide any of this slots, but cannot create, por example a third ring slot.

What you can define is the player stats, creating as much as you wish and assigning values to the items. That is full explained in the custom variables section of the documentation. I recommend you take a look at the full documentation here.

Thanks a lot for your questions!

7. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

i feel it is using the old deprecated GUI system or i am wrong ? do you plan to support gui 4.6 or NGUI?

8. jjnieto

jjnieto

Hello,
    Yes, we are working in a GUI 4.6 version. We plan to launch this version close to the official release... and also we work in some other addons :) for example a NPC store full integrated with the inventory items, a gold system, etc...
    Probably al this features will be launched with version 2.0.

By the way, if you have any suggestion, are welcome!

9. Mecanimator

Mecanimator

The asset looks great!
    I will add to my wishlist.
    Can you explain the differences between crafting modes, recipe and free, please?

10. jjnieto

jjnieto

Thanks!

There are two crafting modes:
    - Recipe mode: All recipe are shown in a list. In red when you don't have enough material to craft, and in green when you have (see picture below)
    Moreover, you can group and order the recipes as you wish.

cap03.png

- Free mode: You cannot see any recipe, but as you drop items in the craft window you can see which other items can be crafted whit this materials. (see picture below)

cap04.png

There is a full explanation in the documentation, take a look: full documentation

Please do not hesitate to ask any question or send suggestion
    Thanks!

11. Mecanimator

Mecanimator

Thanks,
    I've take a look to the manual and the asset is really promising! It has almost all I need from an inventory. When does it goes live? I really wish to test it in deep.

12. Ony

Ony

Looks great!

I can't tell from the docs if it's possible to set a delay on when the tooltip shows, so it's not instantly. Is that something that can be set easily enough?

I also notice you said above that the visible equipment slots can not be added to. Do you plan to offer that ability in the future? The game I'm working on needs a few slots that aren't in there, and doesn't need some that are. I'd love to be able to easily configure that.

13. jjnieto

jjnieto

Hello Ony,
    there is no delay in tooltip but, for sure, we think your idea is very interesting and create a more cool user interface. We will add a tooltip delay parameter for next version. In the meantime, because this change is really easy and fast to implement, any customer can ask us for an early update and we will send by email this new functionality.
    About tou other suggestion, you are right, Inventory Plus has no custom equipment slots. You can show or hide any of the 12 current slots but cannot add new ones. We will also add this feature in next version, but this is a major change and we will need some time to implement a fully customizable equipment.
    Until that, if you buy Inventory Plus, you can ask for a personalization and we will add the slots you wish and send back to you the script.

14. Ony

Ony

Awesome, thank you for the reply, jjnieto. I'm not yet using 4.6 as it's not officially released yet but once it is and your add-on is released I'll definitely look into it. :)

15. jjnieto

jjnieto

16. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

So if i am right you use the neu Unity gui system and i need at least version 4.6 for it, right?
    I would like that and want to know if i can switch the designs in runtime?

Edit:
    Ok, just saw the video and found another forum thread and now i know that i can use the new gui and switch the designs in runtime.

But now i want to know if this will work also for ios or mobile in general?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  17. twobob

twobob

Attached Files:

18. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

I was wondering if this would be good to use in a game similar to h1z1(were vehicles will have a inventory like battery, headlights etc) and the player will have there own is weapons, clothing etc but can carry either)