Search Unity

Introduction To Game Design

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by CakeGamesStudios, Jul 31, 2015.

1. CakeGamesStudios

CakeGamesStudios

Hello everyone.

I would just like to share if anyone is interested in learning how to create a fun 2D game in unity please checkout my free video series and what I have to show you for learning this amazing Unity Game Engine!

I have always wished to learn game design and because of this amazing tool I now can. I also love to share with people what I can learn so please if you want to try a fun series of lessons check out my youtube I hope you enjoy.

Here is the course preview to see if you are interested.

2. jhocking

jhocking

Are you sure you mean "game design"? Admittedly it's only the preview and not the actual course, but that video seemed to be more about game development than game design. Game development is an umbrella term for everything that goes into making a game, while game design is just one part of game development. Game programming is separate from game design but also falls under the umbrella of "game development".

3. CakeGamesStudios

CakeGamesStudios

Hey jhocking, I understand what you are saying. Design is more associated with Artistic... I was in between using development or design myself. As this course was meant to cover every stage of building the game I figured either way would work. Hope that makes sense :)

btw - cool character design for your profile image there, is that one of your own characters?

4. jhocking

jhocking

5. CakeGamesStudios

CakeGamesStudios

That's awesome thanks for sharing!
    I like it