Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Unibill - the cross platform In App purchase plugin!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Banderous, Jan 16, 2013.

1. NateJC

NateJC

I imported the Unibill project into Unity 5 and tried to run the unibillDemo scene. I was getting "!tag.empty()" errors, but these were fixed by changing the Tags on Camera and Unibill from undefined to "Untagged" (in-case anyone else has this issue). Other then that, it appears it is working so far.

2. FIllbiker

FIllbiker

I have purchased Unibill ca year ago from outlinegames.com directly and don't know how to update the plugin now. In Unity asset store is missing in purchases offcourse. Can you tell me where can I get the latest version? I can't build Xcode project with Unity 5 because of issues in Unibill, I'm sure it is because of an old version of this plugin in my project.

3. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

I just received this message from Amazon :

Thank you for your recent submission of qq (package: fr.appadvisory.qq). It requires your immediate attention due to the following reason(s):

We have received your application that uses our In-App Purchasing API; however we are unable to commence testing until your app calls the notifyFulfillment() method to track the fulfillment of a purchase. One new feature of IAP v2.0 is the addition of a new method notifyFulfillment() to track the fulfillment of a purchase. This method check the status of purchase receipts and notify Amazon about the status of an item's fulfillment.

For additional clarification, please refer to the In-App Purchasing API documentation in the Distribution Portal at https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/migrate-iapv1-apps-to-iapv2

Please refer to the documentation in the Distribution Portal to see how to correctly implement notifyFulfillment() at https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs-v2/implement-consumables-entitlements-and-subscriptions-in-iap-2.0

Please complete the submission of your IAP items at your earliest convenience.

What is the solution ?

Thanks !

4. NickSergeev

NickSergeev

Hello Banderous, we're happy to use your great plugin.
    I have a question regarding Apple Hosted Content feature - we're now have a requirement to use this for our downloadable content, so the question is: according to Apple docs we should be able to access additional properties, methods and handle additional states on SKPaymentQueue, let's say that we would like to continue to use your plugin but add this functionality - do you have any suggestion on how this can be done? Thanks!

5. Banderous

Banderous

As a reminder to all, support@outlinegames.com is the primary channel for Unibill support.

@NickSergeev We offer Unicontent as a cross platform DLC solution. Unibill doesn't support Apple hosted content, you would need to modify Unibill yourself.

6. loayB

loayB

Does unibill only support games or it could work with a service across the various platforms?
    Also, does it work on a website?

7. Banderous

Banderous

@loayB Unibill could be used to build non games in the same way Unity can. Web payments are not supported.

8. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

Any plans to update Unibill for 64-bit iOS? Just getting warnings that says:
    Implicit conversion loses integer precision: 'NSUInteger' (aka 'unsigned long') to 'int'

9. Banderous

Banderous

@KamiKaze425 Unibill should work fine in a 64 bit build, that warning should not have any behavioural effect.

10. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

Oh ok. Just my warning log on XCode is realllly long from all of those (not just from your plugin)

11. Kobutapapa

Kobutapapa

We've been testing development builds of our app using Unibill against the sandbox without trouble for some time. Yesterday one of our developers performed an archive build which he tested on an iOS8 device and we're experiencing a problem. Unibill appears to initialise as expected. But when an item is clicked for purchase we receive the following in the error log immediately:

Unibill: No App Receipt found!

Any tips as to what we may be doing wrong? Or if there is anything special we need to be doing to test an archive build?

12. Banderous

Banderous

@Kobutapapa Does the purchase proceed as expected? That message is not necessarily indicative of a problem and should no longer be seen once a purchase has been completed.

13. Banderous

Banderous

@KamiKaze425 Those warnings will be fixed in future releases.

KamiKaze425 likes this.
  14. Kobutapapa

Kobutapapa

@Banderous Sorry I may have gone off half cocked. It seems our devs may have been experiencing an unrelated problem and were eager to point the finger at the only thing in the logs they didn't fully understand.

Am I right in understanding that on first run of an archive build no app receipt exists, but this is not a problem as one will be created upon the completion of a successful purchase?

Thanks for your hard work, and tireless support.

15. Banderous

Banderous

@Kobutapapa You're welcome! You are correct, the app receipt is generated and signed by apple so it is not present until a purchase is made or transactions are restored for reinstalls.

16. ivantro

ivantro

@Banderous Hi, is there a way that I can get a list of the contents of the inventory from the json file through Unibill's API? I'm trying to read AllPurchasableItems when the device is offline but I'm getting a NullReferenceException. Thanks

17. Banderous

Banderous

@ivantro You should be able to read AllPurchasableItems so long as you have first initialised unibill, even if the init is still in progress.

On another note to all who may be concerned, there is an updated version available that fixes Windows Phone crashes in more recent Unity versions. This will shortly be included in a Unity 5 release.

18. NoseKills

NoseKills

About Initialising Unibill successfully, then putting on iOS IAP restrictions
    Old posts

Seems like this one hasn't yet been addressed. Currently we are using a hack that turns the native call private -> public so we can check the status just before initiatePurchase()
    Code (csharp):
    2. StoreKitPluginImpl
    3. {
    4.      [DllImport("__Internal")]
    5.      public static extern bool _storeKitPaymentsAvailable();
    Would be sweet to get an official way to do this

19. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

Today I tried the new Unity 5 and there is a build error in Windows Store Apps and WP8.
    In Editor it plays ok but when I try to build the App I get this error:

WINDOWS STORE:
    Plugin 'unibill.dll' is used from several locations: Assets/Plugins/unibill.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/unibill.dll Assets/Plugins/Metro/unibill.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/unibill.dllPlease fix plugin settings and try again.UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()Plugins colliding with each other.

WP8:
    Plugin 'unibill.dll' is used from several locations: Assets/Plugins/unibill.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/unibill.dll Assets/Plugins/WP8/unibill.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/unibill.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()Plugins colliding with each other.

20. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

I use Unity 5 Windows 64bit

21. Banderous

Banderous

@giorgos_gs dealt with via email. As previously stated people should contact support for a pre release unity package.

22. giorgos_gs

giorgos_gs

I used the pre release package for Unity 5 but it cannot be build for Windows Store Apps, it has this error:

ArgumentException: Assets\Plugins\unibillosx.bundle is a directory
    System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:109)
    UnityEditor.FileUtil.UnityFileCopy (System.String from, System.String to, Boolean overwrite) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:207)
    UnityEditor.FileUtil.UnityFileCopy (System.String from, System.String to) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/FileUtil.cs:239)
    MetroPlugin.InstallPlugins (System.String stagingArea, WSASDK wsaSDK, .LibraryCollection libraryCollection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/MetroPlugin.cs:97)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer.PostProcessSDKSpecific (WSASDK targetSDK, BuildTarget target, BuildOptions options, System.String playerPackage, System.String stagingArea, .ProjectImages images, .LibraryCollection libraryCollection) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:804)
    PostProcessMetroPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, BuildOptions options, System.String installPath, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/PostProcessMetroPlayer.cs:597)
    UnityEditor.Metro.BuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:84)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I told Alex about this to his email but still didnt get a respond.

Thanks

23. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

is there a way to just charge a certain amount (that varies).
    ie. I have a store that they can buy stuff from and at the end it give them a total. The total can vary and i need to just charge them that amount....

24. Banderous

Banderous

@giorgos_gs Again emailed.
    @dustinwloring1988 In App Purchases are not the same as a generalised online payments system. Each purchase corresponds to a specific item with a specific price, there is no way to charge an arbitrary amount.

25. Cypras

Cypras

How do you validate receipts to prevent IAP hacking? And is spending virtual currency for IAP now supported?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  26. Banderous

Banderous

@Cypras You would need to consult each billing platforms documentation for receipt structure and validation algorithms. You cannot spend virtual currencies to 'unlock' real IAPs, the billing systems don't allow it.

27. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  28. Banderous

Banderous

@Green Sauce Games there's a picture of visual studio 2013 at that link, what part of yours is different?

29. Green-Sauce-Games

Green-Sauce-Games

30. Banderous

Banderous

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  31. sevensails

sevensails

I followed the wizard instructions, but I still got!

First-chance exception at 0x76E8210B in Template.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: EETypeLoadException at memory location 0x0363DA64.
    UnibillBiller: UnibillWin8:Exception loading listing information:Exception from HRESULT: 0x805A0194

UnibillBiller: Unable to retrieve product listings. Unibill will automatically retry...

My application were approved but it seems to still not works. Please any advice?

32. sevensails

sevensails

I found a solution!

I had to Right Click "Package.appxmanifest" and then "View Code".

I need to change the PhoneProductId to the APP ID found on my APP Properties page on Dev Center.

33. sevensails

sevensails

Hi! Now I have a problem with Amazon App Store. I'm testing it on AmazonSandox.

Unibill seems to initialize fine :

03-21 01:41:33.206: I/Unity(20154): Unibill.RemoteConfigManager: Not using cached inventory, using bundled.
    03-21 01:41:33.663: D/d(20154): In App Purchasing SDK - Sandbox Mode: PurchasingListener registered: com.outlinegames.unibillAmazon.Unibill@ce7c454
    03-21 01:41:37.565: I/Unity(20154): UnibillBiller: onSetupComplete(True)
    03-21 01:41:37.565: I/Unity(20154): AmazonAppStoreCallbackMonoBehaviour:eek:nPurchaseUpdateSuccess(String) (at D:\games\unity\games\Match3\TalesOfTheOrient\Assets\Plugins\unibill\src\AmazonAppStore\AmazonAppStoreCallbackMonoBehaviour.cs:52)

But When I Try to Purchase Something I got :

03-21 01:42:16.535: E/Unity(20154): UnibillBiller: The Biller is initialising. If, and only if, Biller.Ready may you call any other Biller methods..
    03-21 01:51:25.323: E/Unity(20154): Unibill.Biller:purchase(PurchasableItem, String) (at D:\games\unity\games\Match3\TalesOfTheOrient\Assets\Plugins\unibill\src\impl\Biller.cs:116)

Any idea? This makes no sense!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  34. Banderous

Banderous

@Wagenheimer Have you installed the Amazon app tester from the Amazon App store?

35. Deleted User

Deleted User

i compiled with unity 5 and Xcode
    i have a this bug

2015-03-25 11:51:03 +0000 [MT] [OPTIONAL] Didn't find embedded provisioning profile for <DVTFilePath:0x7faca644f100:'/Users/bitween/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2015-03-25/Unity-iPhone 25-03-15 12.47.xcarchive/Products/Applications/lritalian.app/unibillosx.bundle'>: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "No file at <DVTFilePath:0x7faca665dbc0:'/Users/bitween/Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2015-03-25/Unity-iPhone 25-03-15

36. Banderous

Banderous

@Andrea Monzini Unity is not preserving the right import settings for unibillosx.bundle, for which I have raised a bug.

Please follow these settings.

37. nitroSS

nitroSS

Hey

I implemented UniBill in my application, but i am just worried about the security of in app purchase, i have tried Freedom latest beta version and it didn't work and i couldnt make any fake purchases. is it that Unibill blocking Freedom some how ?
    we are targeting Android and iOS.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  38. Banderous

Banderous

@nitroSS Unibill features additional validation on Google Play, though not iOS currently.

Depending on your game you might add additional validation and obfuscation. Online games should perform validation on the server.

39. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

do Unibill supports standalone PC platform or it only supports other platforms

40. Banderous

Banderous

@Yash987654321 Unibill supports the Mac App store and Windows 8.1

41. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

i meant that will this support other that windows 8.1/8 through other payment options like PayPal.

42. Banderous

Banderous

43. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

:( thanks for your time anyway. I don't own widows 8.1 so i cant even switch platform

44. ivantro

ivantro

Hi!,
    Is there a way to mark an item as purchased in the internal Unibiller database? In my app I would like to give the users sometimes items for free, so I was wondering if it's possible to add a +1 to the PurchaseCount of specific items.
    Thanks

45. Banderous

Banderous

@ivantro Yes, although it won't be marked as such on the underlying billing system. You can modify Unibiller.cs and Biller.cs to add the appropriate method, to ultimately call TransactionDatabase.recordPurchase();

46. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

Hi I used UniBill in 2014 with no problems, but I am trying to import it into a new game and am getting the following errors on import:

Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0738: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.InitiateCoroutine(System.Collections.IEnumerator)' and the best implementing candidate `UnityUtil.getAnyComponentsOfType<T>()' return type `T[]' does not match interface member return type `object'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0738: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.getWaitForSeconds(int)' and the best implementing candidate `UnityUtil.loadedLevelName()' return type `string' does not match interface member return type `object'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0535: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.InitiateCoroutine(System.Collections.IEnumerator, int)'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0535: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.RunOnThreadPool(System.Action)'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0535: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.RunOnMainThread(System.Action)'
    publicclassUnityUtil : Uniject.IUtil {
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0535: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.DeviceModel.get'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0738: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.DeviceName.get' and the best implementing candidate `UnityUtil.Platform' return type `UnityEngine.RuntimePlatform' does not match interface member return type `string'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0535: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.DeviceType.get'
    Assets/Plugins/Uniject/impl/UnityUtil.cs(13,14): error CS0738: `UnityUtil' does not implement interface member `Uniject.IUtil.OperatingSystem.get' and the best implementing candidate `UnityUtil.persistentDataPath' return type `string' does not match interface member return type `string'

What to do ?

47. Banderous

Banderous

@richardzzzarnold It sounds like you're mixing source files from different unibill versions. Try importing Unibill into a new project.

48. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

-Quite right......i had a previous version of it already in the project.

49. richardzzzarnold

richardzzzarnold

is there a good way to delete all the old unibill stuff so I can reimport the updated version?
    I am getting some problems by trying to delete all unibill files.

50. Banderous

Banderous

No, unfortunately not. Unibill upgrades are designed to work automatically, but there's no way to remove a plugin from a project - hopefully Unity will make a package manager one day.