Search Unity

Introducing The MecWarriors - Mecanim Animation Experts! We Write Tutorials. :)

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by aormsby, Jan 21, 2014.

1. aormsby

aormsby

Hello, everybody!

My name is Adam Ormsby. I am co-founder of The MecWarriors, a group dedicated to learning as much about Mecanim as possible and spreading that knowledge to other Unity developers free of charge. We've yet to officially introduce ourselves to the Unity community, so I thought I'd take a moment and tell you a little bit about what we do.

Simply put, we write Mecanim animation tutorials in the hopes that development with Mecanim will increase.

A very large number of developers have a lot of trouble using Mecanim in their Unity projects, which is pretty normal with Mecanim still being relatively new to Unity. There are still a lot of hidden features in Mecanim, and the ones that have been released aren't supported very well by their online documentation (sorry, Unity writers). And even still, many development teams are still using the Legacy animation system in their projects or have yet to even upgrade to Unity 4.x!

So that's where we come in. We put together detailed blog posts that walk you through the process of setting up Mecanim animation in your projects. Each of our posts is a step-by-step introduction to a feature of Mecanim, going through importing animations properly, building animation trees in the Animator window, and writing your own scripts to control your characters and their animations. We even give you free assets to work with and use in your own projects! Now that's a pretty good deal.

So if you're interested in learning more about Mecanim, come on over to our site and check us out. We'd love to have you as part of our growing community. As our audience gets bigger we're looking to add more guests posts from professional developers as well as a Q&A segment between us and our readers.

Of course, you can ask us questions anytime you want, though. We love talking about our work!