Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Particle Dynamic Magic 2.1 - Ultimate Decal, Spline & Shuriken advanced effects framework

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by nasos_333, Apr 15, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Thanks to the amazing free code from Dean Stanfield (found in this thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/dx11-particle-system-free.172553/#post-1263639) i have been working in parallel in a DX11 module for the pack, that will be optional if you want to have millions of particles.

Here is some pics of the WIP, this will be released sometime mid summer.

Any changes made to the free code core will also be posted in the thread for everyone to use. I will work on painting the particle by image and post it this afternoon, after i finilize the object painter today (hopefully)

The performance of this system is so amazing that is making me think of adapting DX11 for my RPG game :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Version 1.2.2 of Particle Dynamic Magic has been released !!!

A new rotation mode for emitted gameobjects from projection has been added, which will allow them to rotate based on their direction of motion. This can enable effects like insect swarms etc

The new effect is shown in the posted pics.

Also a new scene and prefab have been added to showcase the new addition and minor fixes have gone to 3 prefabs that were missing the "constructor" mesh.

Use the planar gravity manipulator to make the insect swarm circle around a point (or moving character with the manipulator attached) or the swirl/bounce gravity manipulator to make the insects swarm and attack a target.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

A quick update and a question.

I am working on the selective mesh emission and so far i am working with rectangles that define regions in the texture. This as appears is not very flexible, but has the plus that need nothing extra to work.

So the question is whether you would like to have the definition with rectangles or a more versatile texture based definition (for example copy the texture, paint black the non emissive parts and have the script not emit from black color or transparency).

The texture based can also have variability through various colors or define other properties, plus the texture does not have to be the exact size of the original (depending on required detail)

Please let me know which of the two methods you would prefer to have (both is also a valid answer, but would delay the polishing stage more).

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATES:

- Masked texture based emission has been finalized.
    - A mode for mesh particles to follow surface normals is also added (for emiting crystals from a skinned mesh for example).
    - Effect is fully optimized so it will not emit from transparent areas of the mask or from vertices that are not chosen (in "every other vertex" mode).
    - Size of particles can be adjusted in real time for effects like ice explosion, or gradual size freeze
    - Particle number can be adjusted dynamically, for effects like gradual increasing freeze etc
    - All of simple meshes, skinnned, animated and procedural meshes are supported.

- The base DX11 option for Image based emission has been finished, remains to add more options and polish. The image in the picture is 512x512 reconstructed with 260000+ particles

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Some updates on the transition manager. This tool will be used to move particles between emitters on demand and add all kinds of extra effects, like growing/changing particles etc.

In the pic there is an example of particles moving from a procedural mesh to an spline.

The module will support skinned mesh, procedural mesh, projected positions and splines.

A small demo will be released before v1.3 release to showcase the effects possible with the manager.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

All transitions are now possible (skinned mesh, procedural mesh, projected positions and splines) and currently i am working on various coloration effects that can be applied during the transitions.

Pics show a spline to spline transition, lerped for extra smoothness. I will also include a sample with letters in the demo.

The transition manager will be available in v1.3 update

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Masked emission from skinned mesh, with custom color for particles

Emission from skinned mesh, with texture based color for particles

Inherit Shuriken forces, after transition and conform to mesh

Transfer particle colors from skinned mesh texture to spline

Emission from procedural mesh, with texture based color for particles

UPDATE:

The first coloring mode is in, particles may inherit colors from the skin texture, the masked texture or use a custom color

Also added a free particle mode, to let particles inherit from the Shuriken system, gravity etc

A webplayer demo for v1.3 with the transition manager and gameobject painter (and more new effects and samples, like the swarming and new gameobject explode and reform effects) will come this weekend

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Added an explosion mode to the Transition Manager, there are two explosion styles

Also i will add a music module that will control the offset of emission from the mesh by the beat, maybe the rotation too

This will be the base for the upcoming music module in v1.4, the goal is for all transitions to be controllable by music and new ones to be added

More ideas on other transitions styles and controls by music are also welcome

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

New demo released for Particle Dynamic Magic v1.3.

MUSICles system makes particles dance to the music, and is using the new Transitions module for motion between various emitters for an unlimited ammount of amazing effects.

The Transition Manager and the MUSICles modules will be included in the upcoming v1.3 of the pack and the price will be raised, so it is a good opportunity to grab it at the lower price until end of June. The song in the demo is free to download in the asset store (Craze Music Free Electro Mix pack)

MUSICles DEMO:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/MUSIC_DEMO_PDMv1/PDM_MUSIC_Demo_v1.html

Notes:
    - Use the "Auto Cycle" cutton to turn Auto cycle of emitters on/off, use the top button row to manually choose emitters. Use the Toggle relaxed button, to make splines relax their particle grip and play with interpolation to see a shifting effect.
    - Use the free spline or mesh particle buttons to let particles go up using the Shuriken (anti)gravity. The speed bar controls the overall play speed and the volume control will lower/raise the music volume and affect particles accordingly.
    - Toggle colored allows coloring by the texture of the mesh (use when mesh is selected as target)
    Custom colors are also possible (press Textured to turn to custom). Enable mask will use the masked texture to emit particles from hero.
    - To increase particle count, first choose Pelvis mesh as target (uses the most particles), then transfer to a spline to move the max particle count to it.
    - The meshes can be moved around and the spline nodes are also interactive to change their shape.
    Enjoy :)

I would love to have more suggestions for other effects that would be desired for the Music module.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

New video, showcasing the music and transition modules.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

The new version 1.3 has been submitted to the Asset Store and waiting review !!!!!

New features and changes summary for v1.3

NEW - Gameobject painter

- Paint gameobjects on any collider surface
    - Support for texture based brushes
    - Fully dynamic conformation to surfaces, painted objects may follow the surface as it moves or rotates (or keep the intially painted position)
    - Placement based on surface normals or custom angle
    - Gameobjects can have wind effects and be colored by brush texture (play mode)

NEW - Particle transition and behavior manager
    - Smoothly move particles between projection, skinned/procedural meshes and splines
    - Multiple targets support
    - Coloration modes from skin texture or custom coloring of particles, colors may transfer from skin texture to splines and any other combination
    - GUI to control the transitions and be used as base for any effect
    - Distance and tag based cut off management for gameobjects, to increase performance
    - Mode to smoothly increase particle size and spread on surfaces.

NEW - Masked mesh emission
    - For skinned, simple and procedural mesh particles
    - Particles may emit from certain body parts, using a texture mask, to allow better control of particle placement on meshes.
    - Follow surface normals mode allows mesh particles to align to the source mesh surface correctly.
    - Fully optimized to only emit particles from the non-masked areas.

NEW - Music module
    - A new way to manipulate particles through music, that uses all the Particle Dynamic Magic effects for unlimited effects.
    - Control particle scale, offset, coloration, size, turbulence and more with music
    - Example scene included

Webplayer Demo for Transition and Music modules (final version):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/MUSIC_DEMO_PDMv2/PDM_MUSIC_Demo_v2.html

AMOEBA Demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/AMOEBA/PDM_AMOEBA_Demo.html

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

After many querries about the fire propagation system, i decided to extend its functionality exponentially and have been working constantly on this.

The base work on the Advanced Flame thrower and Ice spread systems is now finished and i will create a first demo to showcase the new systems. I will have to add some extra particles like sparks etc too.

Fire & Ice will be the name of the new module and will probably be released as a separate pack too, but much later.

Also have made a new Chain Lighting module, that will properly propagate lighting in a "Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark" finale kind of way :)

Both are coming in v1.3.5, around mid July. These systems take the fire propagation and lighting to a whole new level and hopefully will find many uses in games that require very cool and highly dynamic effects.

Demos will release much sooner and will get a few updates as i work the systems to perfection.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

More ready samples of Shuriken events system to be included in v1.3.5

Ice system, with ice thrower (2 modes), ice propagation, ice sticking properly to any object with collider and dynamically moving with it and optional melting time (or stay forever option).

UPDATE:

The ice system is amost done, with mesh particles that will stick properly to the objects and move along as they should. The effect is fully dynamic so many throwers may come into play with the same pool, for example the hero may cast from each hand a different stream of ice.

There are two modes (particle and projection modes). Also a choice between gradual growth of ice and instant ice is supported.

Also working on some ready examples of basic Shuriken functionality, like particle spawn on particle death etc (pic 2)

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Directed stream
    Ice Spread
    UPDATE:
    Some pics from the new Ice and Fire system, shows the ice spread feature in the final form. A demo is beeing made and will be available soon.

I am also thinking of adding particle to particle collision, this would not be hard, but would be expensive, though i would like to have it as option for faster machines

It will allow effects like the fire-ice duels when opponents cast flame and ice streams

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

A small question, i have been working on implementing the fire and ice systems in Angry Bots demo. The question is how you would like to have access to the implementation, since i would like to provide it as a ready sample.

Is it ok to only include the changed scene and scripts as a zip or package file (or in a specific folder) and state it requires the Angry Bots pack (free on asset store) ? Or should i include the whole Anrgy Bots pack (150+ MB extra) ?

I think the first solution is the best, because it would not make the pack too heavy to download and would not risk overwriting existing Angry Bots assets. What do you suggest ?

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Spline particle emission with local attractor effect
    Painting with turbulence

Local turbulence manipulation and dynamic vortex creation, 8K particle test (fps shown is running on my old (2010) laptop). Multithreading is on.

UPDATE:

- Work on the new propagation and painting systems is almost finished, and has been implemented in Angry Bots too, besides the showcase demo.

- The particle-per-particle collision engine is getting a demo, which is almost finished.

- More effects have been added to the turbulence demo and will be available soon as well (pics above)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

It just came to my attention that the demos linked in the asset store may not work in Mac in the Chrome browser. If this is the case, please try Safari and Firefox, otherwise please let me know so i can find another solution. I will also prepare Google drive links for all demos and post them here.

Also you can try the link with "http" instead of "https" in the beggining, i read it may fix the problem in some cases.

Thanks

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Pics from the new Flocking sample scene, that will allow real time manipulation of bird flocks.

The red manipulators and force nodes are active, white ones are disabled. The flock will follow the attractor, will swirl around the "swirl" node, used for attacks, circle around the "circle" node and there is turbulence in motion so the circling is varied locally.

These attractors and forces can be parented to any item on the scene, for example it is possible to have a passing by character with an attractor node that will make birds attack in real time and flock back if he leaves the area (probably stop following when he runs fast). Or the birds could follow circling around until some event etc

The birds are from an asset in the store and will not be included the pack, though the setup is as simple as parenting any animated bird in the instantiation node and reseting the rotation/position within.

Currently adding more nodes and behaviors to the flocks

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Changes for v1.3.5 implemented so far:

This version will offer some extensions and updates to the current scripts and two new demo scenes with multiple examples (Turbulence demo and Flocking demo).

Changes in Transitions module

- Added user_timer option, to individually select the time between each target transition for better scheduling.
    - Added time_to_next list, where the individual times are declared.

Changes in Masked Emission

- Added a check if pixels != null, in case the item has no texture.
    - Masked mesh emission now scales properly with object first and then with the offset variable.

Adding new "Flocking" demo, with repel / attract / swarming / circling (so far, will add many more) for real time flock behavior simulation and manipulation.

Added "DisableAttractorPDM" script, for enabling/disabling the various interaction/manipulation nodes with the mouse.

New Turbulence demo scene will be included in the pack, with even more samples than the online webplayer version
    (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/TURBULENCE/PDM_TURBULENCE_Demo.html)

Also will be adding a whale flock webplayer, with the free asset below
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3547

I will update with more news on v1.4 soon, i have extended the propagation systems even further and will provide details when i have finilized the feature set.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

New letters demo added for v1.4, showing the ice/fire propagation systems and Mesh emission effects with growth.

Propagation now also supports gameobjects !!!, so it is possible to spread animated butterflies over any surface and they will follow it or fly away, based on the setup.

The Ice in "Particle" is done with mesh particles

The butterflies in "Dynamic" are full 3D animated gameobjects as particles

The fire in "Magic" is spreading billboards and has turbulence affecting it

These are the modes (as far as what is emitted goes) in the new propagation system.

The GUI is currently in the making and a demo will also be available in the new Propagation demo.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Spray progression, starting with empty surfaces. Sprayed particles and gameobjects will follow the object they are sprayed on and its surface normal, with many options to dictate when the particles may leave the surface if needed (to emulate fire, butterflies flying around etc)

Butterfly gameobjects (animated) on the surface after spray

Fly away following near forces (attractor - pink ball - and trubulence here) mode

Weighted return (smooth return towards original point, fully controllable). Notice that the weighting factor here is such that butterflies will hover over their original points and still be affected by forces and turbulence.

UPDATE:

Grass spray with proper settings has been added to the demo.

Note that all the spray effects are driven by only one script, which handles billboard and mesh particles, gameobjects as particles and all the modes of sticking (strict follow, follow and turn towards motion verctor, follow and add perlin wind, mesh turn to match surface normal, loose mode that enable particles to leave the emission spot, relaxed mode that make particle emit from the emission point and still follow the object and many more options).

One pool is used for each particle type (ice/fire/grass/butterflies here) and all sprayed/painted positions use the same pool.

Particles and gameobjects may leave the objects they are sprayed on and follow near forces like planar gravity, turbulence etc.

Everything is controllable in the effect. Items can also be pre-painted before the game starts and may stay alive forever (for grass, butterflies etc) or melt (ice) and go out (fire) and more.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  24. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:
    All the demos for Particle Dynamic Magic so far, in Google Drive hosting, in case the Dropbox links are not working on some platform/browser combinations.

Main showcase demo:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B-QCdE1dswQBMmw5UjFtRWJscDg/PDMv12WebDemoFINAL.html
    Amoeba demo:
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B-QCdE1dswQBUDRMOENVRkpXSjQ/PDM_AMOEBA_Demo.html
    MUSICles demo:
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B-QCdE1dswQBeERlT0xoN0ZfSzA/PDM_MUSIC_Demo_v2.html
    Turbulence demo (will be included in v1.3.5 of the pack):
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B-QCdE1dswQBWkxwQm5BTmtqY1E/PDM_TURBULENCE_Demo.html

Three more demos are also coming soon

1. Propagation fire/ice demo, with mage duel particle-particle scene and the above letters demos included. (will be included in v1.4)
    2. Birds and fish flocks demo (will be included in v1.3.5)
    3. Angry Bots early demo with propagation implemented (will be included in v1.4)

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

All effects active, grass, ice and butteflies are gameobjects (animated too for the butterflies)

Removing the 3 pools (grass, ice and butteflies), which take only 4 draw calls for all items

UPDATE:
    I have implemented a mobile friendly version of the propagation effects, using animated gameobjects (not skinned) that will batch and reduce draw calls to 1-2 per particle pool system (1 if only one material is used, 2 if we need more variety in material/shader).

In the above pics, the whole grass, ice and butterflies (animated gameobjects, that can also have colliders and receive particles like propagted ice !!) take only 4 draw calls.

In the coming demo, the butterflies will be fully controllable, with local forces, return to position and fly away options and many more effects.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Some info on the implementation of the new propagtion/collision syestems on Angry Bots, the ice/fire and lighting systems are already in (pic above) and i am expanding the system with the new particle-particle collision effects.

The particle beams will also apply a force to the objects.

I am not yet sure how i will deliver this demo in the pack, so i am open to suggestions :).

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Some new pics of more letter effects

and the new ice accumulation system, which hopefully will make it in v1.4.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Introducing Particle Dynamic Magic v1.4

The features for the new v1.4 have been finalized and are summarized below and in the picture above.

Now all effects support gameobjects (animated, complex and with any script attached to control behavior). Gameobjects can be propagated, painted, emitted from any source and affected by all forces and turbulence.

Enjoy the total control of your particles, with all possible emission types (mesh, billboard and gameobject) and move away from the limitations of the sprites and meshes of Shuriken. Particles and gameobjects can also be combined for extra effects.

Features for v1.4
    • New Propagation system, with all options one could ask from a complete pack, make your game feel alive and dynamic with particles and gameobjects propagated, painted and sprayed with collisions in any surface. Fire will spread and ice will stick to objects, control melt time and propagation properties. Spray particles and gameobjects from one main particle pool, using collisions from any other particle system. Combine gameobjects and particles (still using only one pool). Cycle gameobjects painted with the included scripts, giving any amount of variety to the sprayed items.
    • Advanced behaviors integrated in the propagation module, so particles can leave or return to their positions in many and fully controllable ways. Spray fully animated 3D butterflies on a surface and have them fly away on demand with any available force, vary their motion with turbulence and make their flight correct with the option to align and face the direction of motion. Then have them return smoothly to their positions. Endless posibilites are now at your fingertips.
    • New advanced collisions module, allows for particle to particle collision for effects like mage duels.
    • New chain lighting propagation, with a parent source spreading lightning until a certain depth to near objects.
    • Gameobject support for all emission modes and for the new propagation/collision module
    • Demos and many ready scenes for all the new effects included.
    • Integration in Angry Birds mini game (free in Unity Asset Store), enjoy the effects in an actual in game implementation, with all control scripts and setups ready, to speed your development even further.
    Many new webplayer demos will soon be available to showcase the new fire, ice, lightining, spray, gameobject emission, particle - particle collision etc effects.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The new "Fire & Ice: Advanced propagation effects" system will be coming in late July and the code has been finilized and is beeing optimized and tweaked to perfection.

The new packs after v1.4 will be:

Particle Dynamic Magic (70-80$ TBD) - This will be the v1.4 of the current pack and will include everything, the new Propagation module and the coming DX11 effects in v2.0.

Particle Dynamic Magic Lite (50$) - This pack will be the current PDM pack at a lower price, updates will still be available for all included modules and new features will be introduced (which will also come to the main pack above of course).

Fire & Ice: Advanced propagation effects (40$) - The new advanced effects module will also come as a separate pack and will probably not be in the particles section, since the effects are supporting gameobjects fully and many of the most spectacular effects are based on gameobjects.

As always, the new modules to the main Particle Dynamic Magic pack will be free for all customers (as all new module ideas i come up with). Thank you for supporting the pack and allow it to grow and make it this far :)

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

v1.3.5 is ready and will be submitted this week. It will include fixes in masked emission scaling (simple mesh), updates to Turbulence (more noise options) and many new ready scenes and demos, including new Turbulence samples and new Swarming behaviors interactive scenes.

v1.4 is also in a very advanced state and is planned for late July or early August. Demos of the new features will come soon, including an actual in game implementation in Angry Bots.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:
    The new Turbulence demo has been uploaded:

Turbulence demo (updated):
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/TURBULENCE/PDM_TURBULENCE_Demo.html

Includes more showcases of local vortex control and new effects, plus extra noise options. The scene will be included in the coming v1.3.5 update.

Even more samples will be included in the final scene.

All demos so far:

Effect showcase Webplayer:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/PDMv12DEMO/PDMv12WebDemoFINAL.html
    MUSICles DEMO:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/MUSIC_DEMO_PDMv1/PDM_MUSIC_Demo_v1.html
    AMOEBA Demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/AMOEBA/PDM_AMOEBA_Demo.html
    Turbulence demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/TURBULENCE/PDM_TURBULENCE_Demo.html
    Phoenix demo (v1.0):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/PHOENIX/PHOENIX.html
    Break and Reform (with gameobjects and particles) (v1.0)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/PDM_BREAK_REFORM/PDM_BREAK_and_REFORM.html
    Mage Duel Demo (v1.0):
    https://googledrive.com/host/0B-QCdE1dswQBbnRkZndSZUhCbkk/PDM_MAGEDUEL.html

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  34. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Almost all the Advanced Propagation and Collision effects have been implemented in Angry Bots and a demo should be ready this week.

Particle to Particle collisions will be used in corridors to supress fire throwers to pass, ice melting will also be used in corridors to melt the ice to pass, i am not sure about the butterflies taking to the air dynamically as you throw particles, but i guess these are parts of the Angry Bots world :).

A few more effects and i will start on the GUI that will cycle the effects properly. Have been working 16 hours straight on the effects, implemeting in an actual game is very fun, plus reveals what extra is needed in order to be perfect for every use case.

Thankfully the impelementation in Angry Bots has been a breeze so far, since i had the effects setup for the showcase demo of v1.4.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Changes for v1.3.5 so far.

This version will offer some extensions and updates to the current scripts and two new demo scenes with multiple examples (Turbulence demo and Flocking demo).

Changes in Attractor
    - Added more noise and Turbulence options and a new demo

Changes in Transitions module
    - Added user_timer option, to individually select the time between each target transition for better scheduling.
    - Added time_to_next list, where the individual times are declared.

Changes in Masked Emission
    - Added a check if pixels != null, in case the item has no texture.
    - Masked mesh emission now scales properly with object first and then with the offset variable.

Adding new "Flocking" demo, with repel / attract / swarming / circling (so far, will add many more) for real time flock behavior simulation and manipulation.

Added "DisableAttractorPDM" script, for enabling/disabling the various interaction/manipulation nodes with the mouse.

New Turbulence demo scene will be included in the pack
    (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/TURBULENCE/PDM_TURBULENCE_Demo.html)

Also adding a whale flock sample, with the free asset below
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3547

There is some extra things i would like to do too, i am not sure if will come in v1.3.5 or 1.4 or after 1.4, but i think
    will be useful

Planned Changes in Splines
    - Multithreading for spline calcs as option
    - Real time spline painting, with conformation to surfaces
    - Script to extrude spline to mesh
    - Add collision detection code
    - Particle script: Per segment particle control
    - Particle script: Support multiple splines with one particle pool

The changes to Spline should be easy to do, since i have most code already implemented in other classes (Multithreading in Attractor/Turbulence and painting in Gameobject/particle painter)

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The Prefab Manager base is ready and extending it with all effects. Will be released with v1.4 and the new Propagation systems.

Since there will be a very big number of samples, i separated the menu in 10 categories, for easy browsing.

Suggestions and opinions on the Manager arrangement would be most valuable :)

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Multiple gameobject scatter from one pool is finilized and will come in v1.4. Gameobjects can be dynamically changed through the provided scripts and adjusted for any distribution pattern.

Grass and cubes are all from one pool and controlled together. The ice and butterflies are separate pools, since we need the butterflies to be affected by forces and fly away from sprayed positions and ice to melt away.

All bahaviors like grass wind motion, butterflies flying away and ice spread and melt are handled by the Propagation system and all paramaters are exposed for easy manipulation of any of the effects.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Some new samples that will go in the Prefab Manager, dynamic pulsating galaxy and lights, plus new procedural mesh emission samples

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Water shield effect, first version

Collisions will make it ripple. Particle effects have not been added yet.

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

More Refraction effects, Portals and Bubbles

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

More samples towards the 200+ prefabs goal for the new Prefab Manager. Targeting vertices dynamically with particles in procedural and animated/skinned meshes.

Let me know what more samples and funcionality you would like to have ready in the Manager and will try to put it in until release.

The ice melting and the new Propagation system demos and samples have been implemented and all is going well for the release at end of July.

The incoming demos will include:

- Dynamic Flocking behavior and control (fishes and birds)
    - New Transition samples
    - Propagation/collision Fire & Ice systems, gameobject and particle spraying, ice melting and sprayed butterflies take to the air with local overides and much more dynamic effects.
    - Implementation of Propagation system in Angry Bots
    - Refractive Water shields and portals (plus non Pro versions that still have cool bubble and procedural rippling effects)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

New Transition samples, including use of refractive ice (pic above) and other special effects like glow

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Transition particle from billboards to meshes on the fly, on live animated or procedural targets, or splines (which are also dynamic and can change during the transition)

UPDATE:

More features added in Transitions module, now particle systems can be changed on demand, instantly or with a smooth co-existing state between the transition.

This makes it possible to change the transitioning particle system as it moves from one emitter to the other dynamically.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Smooth transition between particle systems has been added in the Transitions module.

The Transitions section of Prefab Manager has also been finished (pic above)

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

v1.5 is getting closer to release and demos will come early next week. I just completed the Mesh category in the Prefab Manager, with 31 ready to use samples (pic above, some names are placeholders).

Also working on impact effects, fire and ice are already done and now going to bullets etc

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

New toon effects module
    will be added to the pack. It will cover ice / fire / water / blast effects / vines coming from the ground and more.

The pack will be at the current low price for a few more days, so make sure to grab it before it goes up.

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic 1.5
    will be submitted at the Unity asset store soon. Get it low price today !!
    (http://u3d.as/71m).

Demos will arrive this week.

New features include:
    - Fire &ice realistic effects (propagation, stick to surface) with spray system and local overrides handling local alteration to the particle pool (ice melt on fire collisions, butterflies take to the air), freeze and burn gameobjects effects and more.
    - Painted/propagated/projected/sprayed particle (or gameobject) transition and emission control, let them loose, emit, gravitate back to position or combinations.
    - Real time particle type change during transitions between emitters.
    - Gameobject support for particle transitions and the new propagation/collision system.
    - Advanced collision effects (particle to particle collisions, with or without self collisions).
    - an extensive toon particle effects collection (blasts, fire and ice, vines and more)
    - new Prefab Manager with 200+ samples to insert in the scene directly, all with preview icons and description.
    - Advanced flocks and dynamic flocking control.

Enjoy some of the most advanced and unique dynamic effects in the gaming industry, for the lowest price imaginable.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

v1.5 is ready for release and the first demo (the main one) is coming today. The pack will be submitted in the next few days.

There will be a total of 8 demos for this new release (Main Fire&Ice demo, Angry Bots implementation, Flocks with fish and butterflies, Amoeba 1.4, Turbulence 1.4, Transitions with particle change and gameobject particles)

I post some pics of the Unity Pro Refractive water stream effects, that i cant provide a demo for, since i dont own Unity Pro. This and Refractive shields and portals are the only part of the pack that wont get a demo, since Refraction requires Unity Pro to build to a demo.

The Prefab Manager will include 217 ready effects to use directly (including the new Toon effects bonus).

The price of the pack will be 70$ after the update to v1.5 and will increase to 80$ later.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333