Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. We are continuously looking for ways to improve Amplify Color, feedback is very welcome.

Thanks!

2. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We are happy to announce a new Amplify Color update, now with 10 FREE Premium LUT textures included in the package. Among other improvements, the new update includes improved tone mapping capabilities with white point control, ACES support, and we also removed all keywords.

Looking for professionally crafted color grading presets? Check out the Amplify LUT Pack, over 200 LUTs in a comprehensive and varied collection.

Amplify LUT Pack - Unity Asset Store
    Amplify Color - Unity Asset Store
    Fully functional watermarked trial version - Download

jonfinlay likes this.
  3. LightStriker

LightStriker

Any plan on taking your different Amplify product and making a single optimized effect with them?

4. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

That's actually something we have been looking into for a while, we might be able to provide something along those lines in the future. We are looking into possible solutions and as soon as we are happy with the results we will announce it here.

Thanks!

radimoto and chiapet1021 like this.
  5. mkgm

mkgm

Hello Amplify.
    I need your help.
    I have a few LUTS in ".cube" file format.
    How can I use my ".cube" luts with Amplify Color?

Thanks.

6. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello, we would be happy to help.

You can't use the .cube file directly but you can apply the .cube file to a compatible LUT texture. There are a couple of ways to do it, what editing software do you use?

The quickest way would be to export a reference image from Unity using the Amplify Color LUT Editor, open it in your software of choice, apply the .cube and import it back to Unity. Detailed instructions are available in the Amplify Color manual, section 2 for the semi-automated Photoshop workflow and section 3 for the File Mode compatible with any editing software.

Alternatively, you can apply the .cube file to the LUT texture Normal.png (included in the Samples folder), save it using another name and set the required texture parameters. Keep in mind that you will not have to define the texture parameters manually if you use the LUT Editor.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

mkgm likes this.
  7. mkgm

mkgm

wow, this is the most fast response I ever had here!!!
    Happy to be your customer.

8. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Awesome ;)
    Let us know if you run into any issues, we would be happy to help.

Thanks!

9. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, This asset looks great! Can other assets, say CorlorfulFx, use these lut files?

10. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for your interest, we really appreciate it. I believe ColorfulFX currently uses a lower resolution LUT texture, it doesn't seem to work with our 1024x32 LUT format. I recommend testing it out using our fully functional trial version, we include a generous collection of ready-to-use LUT's.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    zhuchun likes this.
  11. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

Hi. I've got some problem here. When I'm trying to test connection with Photoshop I usually catch that "The was an error. Try checking the password". But password is right. I have Protoshop cc 2015 and Unity 5.4b21. How can I fix this error?

12. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it. We do not support beta versions but we would be happy to help if we can. Are you on Windows or OSX? What value do you use for the Host? Any special characters in the password?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  13. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

Also I tried to test connection in Unity 5.3.1f. Fail. So I'm using Windows 8.1. In host field I have "localhost" and password "111111"

14. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Ruslan,

That's odd, it seems to be working on our side. I assume you are using the latest AC version, is that correct? We only get that message if Photoshop is closed, we will have to investigate this issue. Are you using any type of firewall (dedicated or included in your antivirus package) or restrictive UAC (User Account Control) policies?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  15. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

I turned standart windows firewall off. But actually it didn't help me

16. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

I'm using demo version of Amplify Color. I just wanna check it out before purchase

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the update. Please try it while running both Unity and Photoshop in Administrator mode. If that still doesn't work try to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, it might be unrelated but it eliminates a couple of possible causes.

Looking forward to your feedback, thanks!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  18. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

I've tried to make how you said, but it didn't help me

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

That is unfortunate, our apologies for the inconvenience. We will have to run a few additional tests, we can't seem to replicate the problem on our side. Do you get any warnings or errors in the Unity Console at all?

We will get back to you as soon as we have any new developments, thank you for reporting the problem.

20. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

Thanks! I have this one "[AmplifyColor] Uncoded Message: Error decrypting network message, disconnecting"

21. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for the additional information, is your current project target set to Web? The Web building target blocks outward connections.

22. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

Nope. Building target set to standalone

23. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Is the option "Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet" disabled in the Remote Connections Photoshop configuration? We get a similar message on our side if it's turned off.

Thanks!

24. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

It's enabled

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      24.1 KB
      Views:
  25. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

I'm not familiar with the Russian interface but from the screenshot that seems to be the "Remote Connections" option, the "Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet" is under that area.

Attached Files:

26. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

It's enabled.

27. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for your feedback, we will have to run a few additional tests in order to debug the issue. We will get back to you as soon as we have any new developments, I recommend using the File Mode until it's resolved.

Thanks!

28. Ruslan_Big

Ruslan_Big

Ok. Thank you for help!

29. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, thank you for reporting the issue.

30. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

It seems that the problem was resolved by copying and pasting the password both in Photoshop and Unity. This might be an issue on Photoshop's side, we will investigate.

Thanks!

31. Simon_says

Simon_says

Is it possible to ignore some layer/culling mask, for example UI? I have world space UI and I can't use multiple cameras to render it since it won't be 3D then because of depth.

32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Simon,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. You can't exclude it directly via a layer/culling mask but you can generate a dynamic mask using a second camera. Use the sample bellow, the depth is maintained.

Amplify Color Dynamic Mask, excluded world-space UI elements: Download

Looking forward to your feedback, thanks!

33. Simon_says

Simon_says

Thank you for your help, the provided sample does exactly what I needed. However, there is 1 problem, I'm fading out my UI text and when alpha is 0, text is still rendered by the other camera like half-transparent. Can also see it in the sample you have provided, change text color alpha to zero and text will still be shown on screen.

alpha 255: http://img03.imgland.net/1RVENa.png
    alpha 0: http://img.imgland.net/lDEJzU.png

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello Simon,

Unfortunately, you will need a custom solution for that effect. With some alterations to the setup and shader included in the sample it should be possible to achieve the effect you are looking for.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  35. leegoon73

leegoon73

Hey. guys.
    I have some problem about mobile platforms as iOS ( iphone 6 Plus with iPhone 6S Plus also and so one...).
    We used Amplify color grading for our game prototype But result screen look are some noisy.
    How we would be setting up to Amplify Color for the mobile game?
    Please I want to know more detail setting functions.
    PS : Also We used setting function of the Amplify color mobile mode.

Other one.
    I found to your suggestion about artifact of the gradient.
    I just understood that meaning but I does not know what will I do for ?
    Please tutorial or more detail explaining for me. thansk.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. We replied to your email but I'll post my message here for reference. What Unity version are you currently using? Please send us a screenshot with and without Amplify Color, you could be experiencing a couple of different issues, it would be really helpful to know more.

We recommend dithering your gradients in order to reduce possible banding artifacts on mobile devices when using the mobile specific quality level. This is a step specific to asset creation and will vary depending on your game. In the AC Manual example (Troubleshooting), we use a background gradient as an example. We would be happy to offer specific tips as soon as we know more about your project.

Amplify Color also provides HDR Dithering, you can enable it in the camera component.

37. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Cosmic Trip is a VR-native first-person real-time strategy game. It makes great use of Amplify Color, the results are cohesive and aesthetically pleasing. You can learn more about the Funktronic Labs development process in their recent Made with Unity article, be sure to check it out.

Full Post - Amplify Creations Blog
    Amplify Color - Product Page
    Fully functional watermarked trial version - Download

38. crypt0

crypt0

Hey guys,

I am using the newest Unity version 5.4 and the newest Amplify Color version. I have the problem, that in the editor all works very fine. But when I started a dev build (in this case windows 32bit) the scene is muuuuch darker on shadows and much brighter on other locations.

In the player settings I am using Linear lightning an forward rendering. In the scene I am using baked gi.

Any ideas? I am not in the office, so I can't share a screenshot yet.

Cheers

39. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch, we would be happy to help. We did a few test using your player and build settings and it seems to be working as expected, we weren't able to replicate the problem. Could something else be altering your AC or Lighting parameters at runtime? Any specific details regarding your GI and Camera setup that we should be aware?

If you prefer, we could examine a sample with the issue present on our side.

Thanks!

40. kaaJ

kaaJ

Hi there,

Are you aware that single-pass stereo rendering is not working with amplify color? (And bloom, ...) Most of the post-effects don't seem to work. I've filed a bug report to unity a while ago and it has since then been "solved".
    But if I create an empty scene, use VR and single-pass rendering mixed with some post effects (f.e. bloom and color), you'll get multiple camera renders next to each other in the same view.

Here's one of the original bug reports that was "solved" according to Unity. I still experience this with amplify (amongst others)

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-plus-single-pass-equals-double-the-rendering

41. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the problem, we really appreciate it. We already submitted updated Color and Bloom packages, it should be available in a couple of days. Feel free to send us your invoice via PM and we will forward you the latest Amplify Color and Bloom version with single-pass stereo support.

Thanks!

42. kaaJ

kaaJ

Well, thank you for the swift reply! If we need it this week, I'll send you a message...

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No problem, happy to help. Sounds good, feel free to contact us directly via support@amplify.pt.

Thanks!

44. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Both Amplify Color and Amplify Bloom now include single-pass stereo support, try it today!

45. THEAK472009

THEAK472009

Optimized for Mobile? NOT!
    I get 15 fps on iPhone 5 with using just the AmplifyColorEffect component and one of the ramps they provide. It barely runs at 45-50 on an iPhone 6 Plus which is the most powerful iPhone right now. How is this thing optimized for mobile? I see if statements being used left and right in the shaders which could be easily avoided! It's either that it's not optimized for mobile which means they are lying or I am doing some serious mistake.
    Here is my setup:
    Unity 5.4.1 (Stable)
    I have three cubes.
    The camera has AmplifyColorEffect component with LUT being the B&W Old...
    This is it. There is no HDR, no depth masking, no volumes.

46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Amplify Color is highly optimized for mobile devices, in fact, it's so simple that it could be considered one of the fastest type of image effects that you can have on any device. If you are experiencing performance issues, we would be more than happy to help you resolve them.

There are, of course, certain conditions that could cause AC to underperform, be it with the image effect itself or caused by external factors. Let's take a moment to examine the actual problem before jumping into any unwarranted conclusions, throwing around possible accusations won't get us anywhere. We take great pride in providing efficient and stable products, always with full source code and premium support. If you found something that could be improved be sure to let us know. I must point that we are down the minimum shader instructions possible for this type of effect, any improvements would definitely be a welcome surprise.

Performance issues on mobile devices related to Image Effects are very common, with any package, not just ours. We receive quite few emails similar to yours, I can guarantee that none of them was left without a proper support response that lead to a better experience, or an explanation of the performance problem that they were experiencing.

We need to know few additional things before we can try to replicate the problem on our side.
    -Amplify Color version used.
    -Quality Level used.
    -Anti-Aliasing used.
    -Unity Graphics API used (Metal/GLES)
    -If used, Opengl ES targeted version.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  47. THEAK472009

THEAK472009

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Amplify Color version : Latest
    Quality Level :
    Unity Quality Settings - Fastest
    Amplify Color Quality : Mobile
    Anti-Aliasing Used : No
    Unity Graphics API : Auto (Metal since both 5 and 6 Plus support Metal)

I have just realized : Using a Camera with Depth Only as clear flag is the problem here. We have this setup for rendering background using different camera.
    I am sorry for all the accusations but as I said I was making a serious mistake.
    This issue is temporarily fixed by rendering the MainCamera to a render target and attaching AmplifyColor to Background camera.
    If someone knows a fix for this it would be awesome.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

No problem, we are always happy to help. It would be great to know if the issue is also present with OpenGL ES. I'm not entirely sure if it's related to your problem but we recently identified and reported a couple of Metal API issues, hopefully we will know more in the next couple of weeks.

Rendering your MainCamera to a render target is probably your best choice at the moment. We will keep you posted on any new developments.

Thanks!

49. tcz8

tcz8

Hi, I am having a problem with the LUT browser.

I set it up so the preview thumbnails uses my main camera but the image I get only shows the skybox and a moon I put up there. All the terrain, trees, grass, etc is missing.

Any idea what is going on?

50. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed reply, we would be happy to help. It sounds like it could be caused by your camera Culling Mask options, do you happen to be isolating specific objects or using a multi-camera setup?