Search Unity

Internal compiler error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by burns, Nov 2, 2011.

1. burns

burns

A little while ago we added a couple of .dlls (System.EnterpriseServices and System.Web) to our project in a folder in Assets named DLLs. After some changes to the project, they have started causing compiler errors in MonoDevelop (saying it cannot load them or their dependencies). They still compile in Unity, but it has hobbled our ability to debug.

I deleted the files from inside the Unity editor because I don't believe they are needed anymore. When I did that, MonoDevelop was again able to compile correctly, but I get the following error from the Unity editor:

-------------------
    Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.RootNamespace.ComputeNamespace (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx, System.Type extensionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.GlobalRootNamespace.ComputeNamespaces (Mono.CSharp.CompilerContext ctx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.Driver.LoadReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    -------------------

It appears that somehow the project in Unity has developed a dependency on those files. Does anybody have an idea of why? Any suggestions of how I could resolve it?

2. burns

burns

Ah . . . silly me. Also in that DLLs folder was Mono.Web which has System.Web as a dependency. When I removed that one as well, everything started compiling again.

So . . . don't mind me. ;o)

3. chabala

chabala

Hey Burns,

I am having the same compiler error. Can you explain why the System.Reflection is throwing the error? What does that have to do with System.Web / Mono.Web?

Cheers,
    Chabala

4. chabala

chabala

Do I simply download the System.Web.dll and place it somewhere? How do this get fixed exactly?

5. aviviadi

aviviadi

The problematic issue here is : mono throwing errors not related directly to the problematic references (and in my case not even the same dll...). You should find the project with the "missing" Mono dlls - and update the specific package(!) of mono to the latest.
    Hope that helps.