Search Unity

Input Lag in Build when VR enabled

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Remiel, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Remiel

Remiel

When I have VR enabled in my project, everything works fine in the editor, however, once built the game has a few seconds of a delay after moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard before processing that input.
    Naturally, it makes the game seem unresponsive and unplayable even though the framerate is high.

I am using Window 8.1 and latest Unity 5.1.1 patch. I've had this problem in the previous patches as well.
    I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, I've noticed a few other users mentioning the same thing in other threads.

I've tried the PC build on my laptop and my desktop PC and both are experiencing the issue.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. gg67

gg67

3. Remiel

Remiel

Thanks for letting me know. :)

4. Noisecrime

Noisecrime

Just ran into this myself. Very strange issue since it only happens in standalone and not in the editor ( Win 8.1 Unity 5.1.2f1). It affects all externals inputs, keys, mouse, controllers adding a long delay and possibly buffering of input, making interaction all but impossible.

Hopefully Unity can get this addressed soon, added a vote to the issue tracker.

5. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

We are aware of the issue and investigating a fix.