Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Mimics & Chests Pack PBR

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, May 23, 2015.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/37789

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=mimics

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Mimics & Chests Pack PBR is really 11 different chests in a variety of sizes and styles combined with a Mimic monster that fits in 10 of those boxes! They range from cheaper wooden box-type chests to ornate, fancy, gold filled chests. Each one has it's own pre-made look, but can have it's metal & wood materials be changed using a huge variety of metals and woods. 5 Pre-exported texture sets are included.

The Mimic character comes with full animations & blend shapes for mesh customization. Perfect for that dungeon you're building!​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Mimics & Chests Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Attack 1
    • Attack 2
    • Cast
    • Death
    • Dodge
    • Got Hit
    • Idle
    • Idle Break
    • Open
    • Shut
    • Walk
    • Walk Backward

Chests
    I just wanted to point out that this pack also contains chests without any monsters in them. Regular, every day chests ready for players to get loot from :)

Loot
    The package comes with loot! There are two "Piles" of loot, one gold, mixed with some gems and larger gold objects like cups and plates, and one of gems.

Both have lots of mesh morphing potential, to make them bigger, smaller, or less uniform. You can even move (or remove) the larger pieces/gems from the gold pile if you'd like.

Finally there are two "Hero" objects. One coin and one gem, both with 2k maps intended to be used in ultra close up views. The coin can take a custom mask so you can change the faces to your own designs.

Source Files
    Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

In this 16 minute video I example how to customize the look of the chests using the editor tools provided. It's quite easy to create drastically new and different looks for use in your game.

This is the update video showcasing the new Loot options!

This is the demo of our Mimic Animation Demo scene, included in the package. I go through the animations, the blend shapes & texture customization.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    mgear, Teila and boysenberry like this.
  2. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

Very nice.

infinitypbr likes this.
  3. Yukichu

Yukichu

I was thinking other types of chests when I clicked on the link... but these look very nice too.

Zaddo67 likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

What kind were you looking for?

5. LaneFox

LaneFox

I think he was looking for... chests..

But these are some totally swag loot containers. 10/10 would open.

infinitypbr likes this.
  6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The amazing modeler I work with is currently re-doing this package to make "Mimic" version of each chest! Turning these props (Which will still exist as they are now) into a potential enemy!

The price will go up when that's ready to go, but anyone who gets it now will of course get the update for free.

9. Acissathar

Acissathar

Are we talking the standard Mimic, or something weird like a Dark Souls Mimic?

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not familiar with Dark Souls :)

However, I googled a bit -- no legs. I decided against legs. So eyes (or eye), tongue & teeth. Animations will be relatively generic, of course -- but I'm always open to new ideas that I haven't thought of before. Have any??

11. Acissathar

Acissathar

The first time I opened a Mimic chest in DS was the last. The legs were too much for me haha.

I personally think the generic Mimic is just fine, and I can't think of anything to improve upon Mimics without going weird like DS did.

I will say that the chests themselves do look fantastic though!

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh good! I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't like the legs! I also think it'll be neat to see the chests bouncing around.

13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Big Update Coming Soon!

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Update is live! Get the package here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/?asac=M0fzH2bocy#!/content/37789

ALSO! Check this out -- this editor script didn't make it into the update, but you can download it at www.InfinityPBR.com (log in, link will be at the top).

This "Mass Exporter" script will automatically export as many procedural materials as you'd like, all at once, deleting unused maps and assigning the textures to new, properly named standard shader materials. THIS IS A HUGE TIME SAVER.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The "Mimic" update is ready. I'll be finishing up the Demo Scene today, and submitting it to the asset store for approval. Basically this is your final call to save $10. Get the Chest pack today, and the update is free :D

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

20. RPowers

RPowers

This asset looks really good! One I will most likely buy soon. Is audio something that will eventually be added to the mimics?

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes! Audio, Concept Art & Music. (Music is a layered track that can be customized in Unity)

I'll see about making sure this is higher on the list.

22. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.04.28 PM.png Coming soon..... LOOT!

And of course it will feature mesh morphing. You'll be able to easily adjust the height (without changing the position), the "bump", add some un-even bumps, and for the gold pile, you can remove both the larger and the smaller non-coins, pushing them further into the pile until they're not visible. There will also be a "Hero coin" and "Hero gem", suitable for closeup. The Hero coin will have mesh morphing to make it look older, including the shape of its sides (flat sides vs curved), unevenness etc.

Pretty cool stuff.

24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Now includes Loot!

25. magique

magique

I just bought this pack the other day, but there are stand-alone build issues. It's impossible to make a stand-alone build because you have editor only scripts that aren't set up properly so that they won't be included in stand-alone. And there are some substance errors. Here are the errors that I get when trying to build stand-alone:

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Audio Clip Combiner/SFB_AudioClipArrayCombiner.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityEditor' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Audio Clip Combiner/SFB_AudioClipCombiner.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UnityEditor' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_CopyThisToThat.js(494,41): BCE0018: The name 'SubstanceImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(6,35): BCE0018: The name 'SubstanceArchive' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(39,51): BCE0018: The name 'SubstanceImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(39,127): BCE0018: The name 'SubstanceImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(79,46): BCE0018: The name 'SubstanceImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(134,63): BCE0018: The name 'TextureImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

Assets/SFBayStudios/SFB Demo Scripts/SFB_massExporter.js(134,127): BCE0018: The name 'TextureImporter' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

For those bugs, simply moving them to the editor folder is the quickest fix. I usually suggest using a new project for texture customization, and not including any of those scripts or the "procedural material" .sbsar files.

By June I'll be updating all the scripts to c# and will have those issues fixed.

If you sign up at www.infinitypbr.com you can get email updates for any packs you register, and updates are always available at my site first since they don't have to go through the approval process as they do on the asset store.

magique likes this.
  27. magique

magique

I decided to give this a try, but I ran into issues right off the bat. Your Quick Setup guide states the following:

We highly suggest you create your maps in a new, empty project.

So, I created a completely new, empty project and imported the package there.

Then it says to open the SFB_Chests_TextureCustomization scene. And once I follow the steps there to repeat the steps in the Mimic Texture Creation scene.

I wanted to dive right into the Mimic texture customization, but when I open that scene, there are a bunch of missing prefabs. See below:

upload_2017-4-25_20-56-23.png

I'm using Unity 5.4.2f2.

infinitypbr likes this.
  28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep, looks like the scene is messed up! Not sure when that happened.

I'm making a combined texture creation scene, and updating some other things as well. There will be an update available shortly.

29. magique

magique

Thanks.

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Mimics & Chests Pack PBR now has MUSIC!

you can make your own mixes in the editor, and export them into game ready .wav files with a single click.

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There is now a 2nd official texture set available! This add-on package (requires the first Mimics & Chests Pack PBR) features a new texture designed for each of the chests plus the Mimic character.

Each one comes with Substance Painter and Substance Designer source files, so you can learn from those or modify things more specifically. The textures all have a "New" and "Old" variant, which you can slide between in the editor using the included procedural materials.

Game-ready materials are also included.

AltLook.jpg