Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Infinity Series] Human Character | Texture Customization, Music, Concept Art & Sound Effects

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by infinitypbr, Mar 27, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Texture Customization | Mesh Morphing | Sound Effects | Concept Art | Re-Mixable Custom Music | Source Files

Part of RPG Character Pack #1. Get Human Fantasy Pack PBR and the following and save...
    Dragons Pack PBR

Unity Asset Store - Preferred Method
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/top/assets/60016

InfinityPBR.com
    https://www.InfinityPBR.com/?pack=RPGBarbarianPack

Download Mac Demo | Download Windows Demo
    Human Fantasy Pack PBR is a highly detailed package containing Male & Female base bodies, each with Three Heads & Three Hairstyles, along with a large "Barbarian" wardrobe set, all with fully customizable textures. 5 wardrobe texture sets are included ready to be used in game. Body textures are presented in 4k, along with the Substance Painter source files, so you can customize it even more.

Tons of animations bring the characters to life, with details down to the movement of the clothing & hair. Particles included (6 magic spells). Works with the Weapons & Armor Pack #1 for Bow & Crossbow Animations!​

Texture Customization
    Take control of the models, and make them match your project. Use the included Substance Painter source files to create custom textures in minutes, exported to work with Unity using a single click. Works with HDRP and non-HDRP projects!

Of course if you don't have any interest in creating your own textures, I often ship my packs with multiple texture options that are ready to be used out of the box. If you sign up at InfinityPBR.com there may be more downloads availalbe for free.

Mesh Morphing
    Blend Shapes give you the power to change the physical mesh of the model, often creating characters that look very different from the default. Our editor script will expose specific Blend Shapes in the Inspector, with sliders to change the values. You can even code the changes. That means your players can customize the mesh of their character, or spawned enemies can be given random values so each is different from the next.

Sound Effects
    We include sound effects to go with the animations. These are created by sound designers specifically for Human Fantasy Pack PBR, often using practical foley recordings. We often include variations, so each time the sound is triggered, a script will randomly choose one of the variations to play. And sometimes we include multiple layers of audio, so you can mix and match and create the right effect for your game.

The included script makes it easy to play clips & loops called via Aniamtion Events or other trigger methods. Options include multiple clips (randomly chosen), volume levels & modifications for volume by velocity, as well as the ability to play clips only some of the time. This way, for example, enemies can grunt during their idle loop, but only as often as you want them to.

Re-Mixable Custom Music
    A composer has creates original tracks to accompany these packs. Some tracks are more like Theme Music, while others are more Ambient, or anywhere in between. Music is always included in layers. Each stem, often a single instrument, can be used in the Unity Audio Mixer so you can create your own mixes. The Demo scene will include a selection of Snapshots ready to be used, as well as scripts showing how you can modify the sound during gameplay.

The music can now adapt to your game. Fade to another snapshot based on in-game variables such as Player Health, Time Remaining or whether the game is Paused or not. While a Composers Mix is always included if you do not want to mix your own tracks, we urge you to try it out. The power you have is insane.

This video showcases 20 second clips from each of the included game-ready mixes. You can create your own mixes quickly and easily, and export them into .wav files with a single click!

Concept Art
    You know what often separates the AAA studios from you? Their advertising channels are full of concept art, and yours isn't. As far as I know, there are no other Asset Store packages that include Concept Art. Using this, you can populate your website, Steam page, Facebook feed, Twitter, with compelling artwork to excite your fans before you have a game to show.

At least 3 images are provided in both PNG & Photoshop format. The Photoshop files are layered, so you can turn on/off body parts and armor whenever possible, or modify the color or look for some layers but not others. These images are ultra high resolution.

Animations
    Realistic animations are important. I don't know about you, but when I swing a bat real hard, my whole body moves. So if a character swings their sword, I think their whole body should move too. The world they live in may be fantasy, but we work to make sure that the perceived physics of the animations are realistic and highly detailed, including facial & wardrobe animation when possible.

• Barbarian: Attack 1 Left
    • Barbarian: Attack 1 Right
    • Barbarian: Attack 2 Left
    • Barbarian: Attack 2 Right
    • Barbarian: Attack 3 Left
    • Barbarian: Attack 3 Right
    • Barbarian: Cast Loop
    • Barbarian: Death
    • Barbarian: Kick Left
    • Barbarian: Kick Right
    • Barbarian: Put Back Dagger Left
    • Barbarian: Put Back Dagger Right
    • Barbarian: Running Jump 1
    • Barbarian: Running Jump 2
    • Barbarian: Take Out Dagger Left
    • Barbarian: Take Out Dagger Right
    • Barbarian: Taunt
    • Bow: Shoot High Left
    • Bow: Shoot High Right
    • Bow: Shoot Straight Left
    • Bow: Shoot Straight Right
    • Crossbow: Shoot Left
    • Crossbow: Shoot Right
    • Generic: Attack 1 Left
    • Generic: Attack 1 Right
    • Generic: Attack 2 Left
    • Generic: Attack 2 Right
    • Generic: Cast 1 Loop
    • Generic: Cast 2 Loop
    • Generic: Cast 3 Loop
    • Generic: Death
    • Generic: Got Hit
    • Generic: Grab Weapon From Back Left
    • Generic: Grabe Weapon From Back Right
    • Generic: Head Look Left Loop
    • Generic: Head Look Right Loop
    • Generic: Idle
    • Generic: Idle Break
    • Generic: Idle Combat Ready
    • Generic: Put Weapon Back Left
    • Generic: Put Weapon Back Right
    • Generic: Run
    • Generic: Walk
    • Generic: Walk Backward

Source Files
    Animation Rig | Substance Painter | Substance Designer
    The Animation Rig is provided in, usually, Maya or 3DS Max format, and can be used to create new animantions that better suit your project.

Whenever possible, Substance Painter project files are included so those who know the program can drastically re-texture the models. In some cases, re-textureing may be more difficult due to limitations in Painter or because the original texture was not created in Painter.

All of our Customizable Textures are created in Substance Painter. If you'd like, you can go into the source file and learn how we did it, or tweak settings to better suit your needs.

Please note: Source Files do not give you license to share or sell the animations or textures you create. If you're a highly skilled artist and interesetd in sharing or selling your work to the InfinityPBR community as add-on packages, please contact me.

YouTube Videos

Video showcasing the Elf & Half-Orc wardrobe being used with the Human

Demo of the latest demo scene!

Tutorial: Mesh Morphing. In this video I go over the details of the Blend Shapes Manager script (C#), which is included in all of my packages that have mesh morphing. Using it you can manage and save the values in the editor, set it up to be randomized in the game, and even save preset files to use during run time or between projects. It makes managing blend shapes crazy easy.

This is a brief overview of the Substance Painter source files, which allow you to customize the textures with much more detail and control.

About Infinity PBR
    I made a 30+ hour RPG using all Asset Store artwork. Without the Asset Store, that would have been impossible, and I am forever grateful for the artists who published their work. But I wanted more. I wanted more than just a few texture types. I wanted audio specific to the animations -- and I wanted animations that were realistic. I wanted the ability to change the look of my creatures, and dress my characters in a variety of clothing. And I wanted all of that wardrobe to be itself customizable. I wanted high quality PBR mateirials.

Infinty PBR includes work from over a dozen artists, each specializing in their specific area.

My goal is to provide you with packages that are more than what you've ever been exposed to before. Concept Art to help you market your work, Mesh Morphing & Texture Customization to keep things exciting in your game while also helping differentiate your game from others who use the same Asset Store packs. Animations & Sound Effects that feel real and bring characters to life. Music that can be adapted to fit the mood of your game, your scene, and your players.

If you think what I'm doing is valuable, I urge you to subscribe to all of my work. You can sign up at InfinityPBR.com, and you can choose to get all new characters for just $30, the day they're released. You get a huge discount, often over 50%, and I get a budget to work with. If enough of you sign up, I'll not only be able to continue making more character & environment packs, but I'll be able to contract with more high quality artists to produce everything faster, add more animations, more wardrobe and all that. Thank you for your support!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This short video demonstrates how to use our "Equip Character" editor script. We needed a simple way for you to create a playable prefab character that has only the options you want for your game, and no more. This is because the package features...

• Dozens of clothing items
    • 6 Heads & 6 Hairstyles (3 each for Male & Female)
    • Fully rigged & animated clothing (& Hair)
    • Future add-on packages with more hair, heads & clothing

Using this script, even after you've released your game, if you get an add-on package you can quickly and easily add some new clothing item to your character without having to start from scratch!

4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The reason I started producing assets was for my game "The Barbarian". The Human set is a very important part of this ( and is why the "Barbarian" outfit & animation set is the first one that's included with the Human Base package!), and the video below is my first WIP for the new Character Creation screen. The game never really gets too close to the character, but in this scene, the character is front and center, and this one is MUCH better than the humans I had before, which never looked that good close up.

The Barbarian is made in Unity 4.6, so this is NOT PBR :) Instead this is the package exported to work with Unity 4.

6. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

So how much is this gonna knock my hobby back lol and when do we see it, I guess I'll need to leave my Third Person Temple asset out too

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Shouldn't be too much longer! Just finishing up some tweaks / bugs with the bow & crossbow animations.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here is a demo of the demo! I'll be submitting this package to the store shortly. The "Bow" animations aren't 100% ready yet, but mostly usable, and will be updated as soon as they're ready.

9. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I got it anyway but ment to ask, Are her animation Female ones, it looks like shes using the same animations in the video, humping along like the hulk doesn't look real feminine, tho I guess when I learn how I can swap them out for some of the hero pack I got.

My I ask also whats the trick to armours,. I setup a set on a char and got them fitting great exported them as FBX but when I got them into Unity they where tiny, should I be exporting with a skeleton in them or somit, I'm after having armours in chests that can be equipped and changed.

10. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

She's the same physical length/width as the male, although the physical size otherwise is different. Her walk etc has been modified from the male animations so they're similar in step length etc, but not 1:1 the same animation.

The humans will of course work with any humanoid animation from mixamo etc, and the clothing should translate relatively gracefully for the most part.

11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm not quite sure -- are you working them in another application before moving them into Unity? Each one is rigged with it's own bone structure (which is where the "Equip Character" script comes into play), so idk if that's causing any issues etc. Let me know more details about what you're doing, I'm not the best at modeling or animating, but I can pass questions along to the people I work with if needs be.

___

EQUIP CHARACTER SCRIPT
    Since each object is rigged, and I want to have "add on" wardrobe packages in the future that are a snap to implement into pre-existing games, and to make sure people who don't want to use all the wardrobe don't have to...

[this will be for creating a character with ALL the wardrobe/body options]
    1) Bring in one of the two base bodies into the scene.
    2) Bring in the other base body as a child of the first.
    3) Do the same for every hair style & head & eyes & eyebrows etc.
    4) Do the same for all the male & female wardrobe
    5) This is a good time to organize if, if you so choose, since there are a lot
    6) Select the main parent (the object from step 1) and choose the "Equip Character" option from the "Windows" menu & the top. It should only take a moment, but it'll attach all the wardrobe & body options to the bone structure of the main object, and also save a prefab into a folder in your project.
    7) Turn off all the options you don't want on by default, add your colliders and all that, and you've got a character that can be male or female and have any of the head/hair options and so on.

12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  13. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I have exported the naked body with the skeleton I wanted to use as FBX and uploaded it to Mixamo and rigged it that worked fine in Unity. Then what I was fit all the armours to the rigged Body in 3D-Max and exported them as skinned FBX armour Parts only (No skeleton) (with the idea of being able to loot them from chests, closets etc) to equip from the inventory. BUT when I imported them into Unity they where less than half the size they should be.

Sorry maybe this is a question for the forums,.. I shouldn't be highjacking your thread as it's not about your assets

14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hijack away -- every reply bumps it up to the top :D Plus this way other people can see that I'm active and will do my best to solve problems even if I don't know the solution!

So -- you re-rigged the body in Mixamo? Is there a reason for that? The Animations from mixamo should work already (I actually have been using them in my game "The Barbarian", and aside from a couple skinning issues w/ the trousers, it appears to be working perfectly).

Check out the .unitypackage file attached -- its a prefab of the boots below (requires the Human package of course to work).

I was able to do this by bringing the boots into the scene, and deleting the bone structure & the "dummy" object. I parented the flaps to the boots, and then each boot to a new empty object I called "Boots". By making sure "Center" was selected instead of pivot, it was easy to move and rotate the boots to a position that worked, where they kind of look like they're just put on the ground. I would be adding cloth physics to it you may be able to get a more realistic effect of the tops kind of bending down too. (I've never used cloth physics before though, but I've seen it used...and may work for that)

Is that the type of thing you'er trying to achieve? Being able to use the objects in shops and inventory and chests etc is one of the key things for me when building these.

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 12.02.34 AM.png

Attached Files:

Kiwi-Hawk likes this.
  15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I just uploaded another downloadable .unitypackage to the InfinityPBR.com site. It has the un-rigged objects, which you may prefer to use. Unfortunately the males are not separated Left/Right -- so the female has two boot objects, while the male only has one. So chances are using the rigged ones and just removing the rigging would be ideal. If you make the objects (with their crazy weird pivot points) a child of another empty object you can have them work with proper pivots.

16. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

I started with a UNP Body from a mod in skyrim that has the feet head and hands separate, I had made (so years back) a bunch of chars withe Autodesk Char creator while I had the student license so I stitched the hands and feet to th UNP body I like that body build/shape and cut the head from one of the autodesk chars that I liked for a Elf-ish look and stitched
    that to the body got it all sorted in an A pose but it had no rigging or skeleton, so I loaded the skeleton from another char and place that in where I thought it otta be (I'm flying blind no idea what I'm doing here jus winging it lol) and exported that as an FBX, that what I uploaded and rigged, so now I have a female body I like that runs around my unity scenes, but shes naked cause I didn't get the gear sorted out for her to pick up lol heres a Max shot of her dressed but I'm still working out how to export those close and usable items

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae56zgzf9ut9lkn/Screenshot 2016-04-29 20.00.07.png?dl=0

Thanks a heap for ALL your help BTW

Opps forgot,.. is there a reason that download link gives me a blank page with false on it?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The link from http://www.infinitypbr.com? Maybe it hadn't finished uploading - it just worked for me.

Ah, I see -- I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge of modeling or rigging to help you out! Maybe someone else watching this thread does?

18. Hans

Hans

Hi

How often will there be updates eg, add New armor, hair, faces, etc
    Can i create my own armor and add it to your system?

Thanks

infinitypbr likes this.
  19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I want to produce add on packages, but since I hire out the modeling & animating (I do the integration & texture customization myself), I have to make sure that enough people already bought the human to make it worth the investment. My current plan is that an add-on package will include new wardrobe, new class-specific animation (which works fully with the new wardrobe, for flowing bits etc), updated generic animations that work w/ the new wardrobe, updated bone structure if needed for the new wardrobe, and maybe some combination of new hair/heads.

If a lot of people buy the human package and want the add-ons, then I can push those to be created before other things on my list.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think theres any reason you can't create your own add-ons. The bone structure is humanoid, with extra bones for the clothing/hair we have already. I think you should be able to bring that .fbx file into other programs and work with it, right?

20. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

That 5 downloads link under the extra's for registering is giving me a "false" error and a blank page

I got that down just looking up the instructions for correctly getting them into a scene to check them pout

21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm -- is there anything in your browser that would not allow redirects?

The link basically goes to a page that marks the download in the database, then forwards you to an Amazon S3 link that is timed. (I want to avoid anyone linking to the files, since 1000 people downloading a 500mb file would cost me a bunch of money!)

22. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Never had a problem before, I'm just looking at your dungeon pack at the moment, (got side tracked on the way to the char tutorial) the asset store is down I think it's giving a 404 unless fiefox has taken a dive and totally screwed up

23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cool, I think the dungeon pack will be a big thing. Or i hope it to be -- it's easily the most versatile package. Calling it "dungeon" doesn't really do it justice.

If the 404 is on the http://www.infinityPBR.com website then it's my issue :) Hopefully that's working as expected, but since I made it myself...well, anything could happen then!

[EDIT] Oh yeah -- the 404 for the dungeon pack! It's not yet live. I had submitted it to the store, but it was declined because they wren't 100% sure how to classify it, and because with the demo scene included it was over 4GB in size.

I'm local to the office that houses much of the asset store department, so I went in and met with them and we got it all squared away. I've resubmitted it tonight, and I'm hoping that they fast track the approval (if it gets approved this time), so it may be live tomorrow.

24. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

I got the asset loaded and setup a body as per your instructions, once I got it how I wanted I put it in an empty and put it in my assets to create a Prefab. I did this cause I use the Third Person Controller Templates by Invector. If I used your demo model it was fine cept for the drop jaw, when I used the one I created when in game mode the body was great but EVERYTHING else was still in pose mode floating, so I got a little work to do working out what I broke. Is there a script I might have missed to make the items glue to their correct mount points? or do I need to make mounts?

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Did you use the "equip character" script? Check the .pdf, the quick setup guide. Since I plan on having additional wardrobe available, I set it up so that the bones need to be fused together in the scene before all the clothes will work. The equip character script does this for you.

26. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Ok thanks,. Most of that worked thanks I just got the hair and eyes to tie down, everything else is locked in place

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Were you able to get it all working? The hair/eyes are the same as the wardrobe & heads etc -- put them on the base body and when you'er set, do the "equip character" script.

___

I've submitted a small update to the asset store that fixes a couple small things in the demo scene.

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Check out my (simple) Tutorial Series featuring the Dungeon+ Package!
    Top-Down/3rd Person Locomotion & Combat Tutorial Series
    This tutorial series will show how you can move a character around & combat enemies. It features the Human Base + Barbarian pack, as well as other packages. The Human makes its debut in the 3rd chapter on character locomotion, shown below.

Acissathar likes this.
  29. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

I got it working yes,.. I just need to find out how to get them the head to turn off the jaw, with the "Invector-3rdPersonController" I get a lock jaw look where the mouth is locked open and they look like theyer in pain all the time

30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

That happened to me with models i got 3 years ago from the asset store when using Mixamo animations.

I'm not familiar with that 3rd person controller though -- I'm assuming this only happens when using it?

31. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Well now you mention it The model I use of my own are don on Mixamo's but I just go into the rigging tools and uncheck and deactivate the jaw the jaw. This fix was given me by Invector. BTW it might be a nice move to maybe do an integration with him and his tools, http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-third-person-controller-templates-by-invector.349124/

I just didn't see a way to do the same edit with you char's

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

33. Craig_Green

Craig_Green

The human pack looks great! Is there a roadmap to eventually include other RPG type races like elves, dwarves, halflings, etc into this pack or a sister pack?

infinitypbr likes this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Currently I'm re-vamping it, trying to do a better job of showcasing what it is and all that, so soon it'll be called "RPG Barbarian Pack PBR". I do have a roadmap of sorts with more "classes" of characters. Each would have at least one new hair & face for each gender, an entire set of clothing plus specific animations for that class. In theory they'd be less expensive because they would require the "base" package, but I may change that as it seems people are confused by it. Ultimately it would require more sales of the human package, though -- the human has been the most expensive model to produce (I hire out the modeling and animation, and do the texture customization and unity integration myself), so I want to make sure that there are enough sales of this to justify making more packages.

I think the re-vamp, which has better photos and a better display of the vast array of customization, will get more users.

35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

JBR-games likes this.
  36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hey Everyone!

Check this out -- this editor script didn't make it into the update, but you can download it at www.InfinityPBR.com (log in, link will be at the top).

This "Mass Exporter" script will automatically export as many procedural materials as you'd like, all at once, deleting unused maps and assigning the textures to new, properly named standard shader materials. THIS IS A HUGE TIME SAVER.

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

RPG Barbarian Pack PBR has been updated!
    (Part of RPG Character Pack #1)
    1. "Copy This To That", an editor script ready to be used in a new "Texture Creation" scene, allows you to copy the settings from any one section to the other sections on the same or other materials. Rather than updating the changes to each section by hand, you can now update a single section, and copy that to all the others with one click.

2. "Mass Exporter" script, along with a Single Exporter script, make it easy to export the customized materials directly into Standard Shader Materials, 100% game ready, with a single click. Advanced features include the ability to share un-changed texture maps from one material to another, so materials that only change the color, will only use a single new map, rather than 4!

* This is actually a pretty important update. I suggest you check it out, as it'll save a TON of time over the previous version.

38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Here's a 15 minute video detailing how to use the new features. Basically you can create a very unique, custom look for the characters in just a few minutes. Game ready textures & materials exactly as you'd like them to look.

Merries likes this.
  39. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

A nice feature to this pack would be one or two different heads, sure you can morph head to look different, change hair style and colour but they stiff at time like like distant cousins. and a slot system so the cloths and weapons, item thye use etc can be put in a taken from chest and containers etc, while on NPC's this is great but a lot of players (Like Elder Scrolls Players) like to be able to loot from chest and change there gear.

BTW on a side note,. I'm the kind of buyer that will see a product and think I might be able to make use of that some day
    buy it and not use it for some time,. (I guess I should load the demo scenes and check them out) So I will be slow doing reviews sorry

infinitypbr likes this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

There are three heads for each character already :) I do plan on adding blendshapes to the package, however, so you'll be able to do some morphing in-game (player setup menu etc), or randomly to create more variety in packs of bad guys. That'll be a bit longer, as I want to make sure the animator doing the blend shape updates gets plenty of practice with the creatures in the monster packs before we do the human, which requires more precise work.

For the clothing etc -- the model can have all the heads/hair/clothing options attached to it, simply turn the object off to hide it, and on when you want to "Equip" it. (Or change heads or hair style, or turn hair off when using a helmet etc).

The clothing objects themselves can be used apart from the human. Check out the download called "unriggedWardrobe.unitypackage.zip" at www.InfinityPBR.com (login and make sure you've registered).

TeagansDad likes this.
  41. Tethys

Tethys

We have been following the development of your Assets since you hit the store as everything your studio has made so far has been pretty impressive. I've had your Barbarian pack on my wish list for a minute and am close to pulling the trigger. However, I have a question first. Is there an plan for a shirt option in the future? We could of course customize the texture for different things as well. I like the variety in the pack but really would like to have the option for a shirt for some NPC's as the look and variety here are great, minus the fact that all of the characters have to be shirtless. :p Anywho, keep up the great work, looking forward to your future assets.

infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yep! I chose a "Barbarian" as the default look because I needed the characters for my game (http://www.TheBarbarianGame.com). However, I set it up so that I can have add-on packs of more wardrobe/heads/hairs/animations, all of which will be interchangeable. (Also, for any prefabs you already have in a game, you can easily add the new wardrobe without changing any other parts, so that's helpful hopefully)

The next wardrobe pack update with the most votes on my vote system at www.InfinityPBR.com is the "Battle Mage", which will certainly have shirts etc. No timeline for that, though, but I hope to get one out sooner than later.

Tethys likes this.
  43. ryschawy

ryschawy

The characters look pretty good. Do they come with any Facial Blend Shape support to be able to do conversations?

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Soon. I'm adding blend shapes to all the characters in my library, but keeping this to the end in order to make sure the animator has more experience with it, since this and the dragon are more important and need to be more specific than other characters that aren't "real".

I'm attempting to figure out how best to provide facial animating for conversations etc. face shift, which was the best option as I could tell, was bought by Apple last summer and stopped selling. Faceware was an option but would require us to buy about $6k worth of licenses since it isn't a standalone product. Everything else I've found so far is either really expensive and meant for movies etc or low quality and often bad looking.

Have you any thoughts on a good facial animation software package?

45. JBR-games

JBR-games

@sfbaystudios
    Great looking asset as soon as i get caught up on billing with a few customers this is one of my next purchases. I hope that another series of rpg style cloths will be coming out at some point in the future for this.
    Im honestly very surprised, that sales of this hasn't been much better... But itll atleast be increasing by one very soon.

Tethys and infinitypbr like this.
  46. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I appreciate that!

I do plan on doing more packs - -the next would be "Battle Mage", or our own take on that idea. No ETA, but that'll likely be the next one.

47. Tethys

Tethys

As both an artist and art director for years for a number of different studios, I would like to point out that your sales are going to correlate with how universal and generic your assets are. I feel like this Barbarian pack is nice but just short of being a universal package. Even Conan wore chainmail shirts from time to time. Without any top clothes though you have really limited this character pack to just being warriors and savages. With the addition of a simple shirt (which if you contract out your 3d I can see why now you're saying this cannot be done for this pack) with a couple texture options, you could make this pack more universal which would open it up to a lot more customers. Kind of shooting yourself in the foot, IMO, by saying your going to wait until you can justify it through other packs, by selling enough of this pack. Just keep adding on to this one until this one is selling enough and universal enough. Just a thought from another studio owner/entrepreneur. I'm in a Unity dev group with some folks doing different games and shared a link to your assets with them and pretty much got the same feedback from everyone. In our case, we would have spent the money on this pack, but instead, are going to purchase 3 or 4 WillB packs to make a couple basic RPG NPC's with shirts on heh. Your artwork and style and the quality is so much higher, but lacks the variety for multiple situations. Being able to change colors and textures was a good start.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Thanks -- it will happen. I'll have the budget for it after the first week of September, I'm thinking. The next one will be "Battle Mage", which is somewhat vague for sure. But I suppose imagine some sort of magic user who can also handle a weapon pretty well. I'll be sure to include a "shirt" :D

Tethys likes this.
  49. JBR-games

JBR-games

If i buy this pack, and then want to upgrade to the RPG Character pack, IE get the dragon. is that possible or is it just for owners of the dragon pack to get the characters? If so, or if you plan on adding that upgrade ability at some point in the near future ill get this today. otherwise ill wait a bit and save up for the RPG Character pack.
    thanks

infinitypbr likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You can upgrade to the "character" pack after getting this one by paying the difference, yes :)

drorelith, Tethys and JBR-games like this.