Search Unity

Infinite Runner Ultimate (Cheapest Endless Running System on Asset Store)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by subho0406, Oct 5, 2014.

1. subho0406

subho0406

UI System uses scripts from assets provided by Unity Technologies. I will try to fix the scaling problems whenever I get time.

And what other points, Layers?. You said you already found solution so what should I answer.?

When the Player dies it is meant to restart the scene. That's how the demo scene goes. You can always modify that can't you. (I hope you know bit of scripting.)

And yes it is compatible with Unity 5.3 the update was accepted 3-4 days ago.

And since you have already found a solution to the AABB errors. I will update the changes to the store. It take one week for Asset Store developers to accept updates. So I cannot help with the delay.

And Congratulations on the Game you designed in a single day! Hope its a success

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. subho0406

subho0406

Today we will work closely on the UI system. Hope to fix all bugs in the UI!

twobob likes this.
  3. subho0406

subho0406

Thanks for the information. We have managed to fix the annoying AABB errors. The errors were due to the absence of a selectable GameObject in the currently active Panel. ScrollBar was causing most of the problems so we decided to remove it. In the script PanelManger.cs replace

EventSystem.current.SetSelectedGameObject(go,null);

with

if (go != null)
    {
    EventSystem.current.SetSelectedGameObject(go,null); //v2.2 fixes AABB errors

}
    else
    {
    EventSystem.current.SetSelectedGameObject(null, null);
    }

and delete the line
    EventSystem.current.SetSelectedGameObject(null);

I will be releasing the fixes as soon as possible along with all the other fixes. :)

4. twobob

twobob

Thanks Subho.

Excellent work

We are going to replace all of the references to

Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftArrow)
    Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.RightArrow)
    and UpArrow and DownArrow

in PlayerControls.cs and replace them with the

var HorizontalValue = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    var VerticalValue = Input.GetAxis("Vertical");
    equvalents, since currently the WASD keys do not work.
    (And some boolean WasRecentlyPressed logic)

Thanks very much for sorting out the issues.

Excellent job sharing your changes.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  5. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

When i remove an or more Obstacle of the PropManager (Tagged PoolManager) i get an error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    2. Parameter name: index
    3. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[poolObstacle].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    4. TrackObstacle.CheckPool (Int32 randtrack) (at Assets/Infinite Runner Ultimate/Scripts/Level Generation/TrackObstacle.cs:301)
    5. TrackObstacle.seedobstacle () (at Assets/Infinite Runner Ultimate/Scripts/Level Generation/TrackObstacle.cs:254)
    6. TrackObstacle.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Infinite Runner Ultimate/Scripts/Level Generation/TrackObstacle.cs:107)

6. subho0406

subho0406

Try this :-
    remove the script PoolManager from PropManager and add the script again. Then add all the obstacles one by one again. It should solve the indexing.
    This happens in the older game like scene.

7. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

No, this is not solving the Problem.

8. subho0406

subho0406

Are you using an older version ?? Unity 4.6 version is deprecated (though it still shows on asset store) it will be removed.

9. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

i use 5,3,1f1

10. subho0406

subho0406

I think you have removed an object from poolmanager but not done the same thing with the track obstacle scripts present in the tracks. That is why it can't find the index. Remove all the occurence of that obstacle in the track obstacle scripts by clicking "remove obstacle" and save the track as prefab.

11. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

I did not get this, because "Use Other Pool Manager" is checked, so are there are no Objects to remove.
    My thought in this was, that the pool manager fill up this part. Sounds so in the Documentation.
    Sorry but, i didnt get it!?

12. subho0406

subho0406

If "Use Other Pool Manager" is checked then the TrackObstacle.cs script still depends on the PoolManager for obstacles. If the TrackObstacle still uses an object which has now been removed from PoolManager.cs it will throw an error because that object is no more available. you will have to remove the obstacle also from the TrackObstacle script. check The TrackObstacle giving this error and remove all empty obstacles. or re add the TrackObstacle.cs script and also specify it in the TrackObject.cs script.
    2016-02-17_211822.png
    if there is an empty obstacle it will not show any Obstacle object in TrackObstacle.cs as shown below
    2016-02-17_212153.png
    This will then cause an error on runtime.
    So basically remove the unused obstacle from trackObstacle.cs script
    Then add all your obstacles in PoolManager and specify a name.
    You will be able to select those obstacle after that from TrackObstacle.cs script.
    The PoolManager just allocates and deallocates gameobjects it does not do the changes to other script. TrackObstacle depends on PoolManager

13. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

Ah i see the Problem, the PropManager loss often his PoolManager "TAG" .
    hmm, thats happen randomly. I ll check this out, or have an idea?

14. subho0406

subho0406

Did you copy the TagManager.asset file this will fix the tags. This was stated in readme

15. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

When i am back on PlayMode it lost the TAG, yes i have done this. I try to add them

16. subho0406

subho0406

That's really strange poolmanager should'nt lose its tag. Some unity bug I think

17. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

Got it first working, i ll check now out the asset, thanks for helping out.

18. maidamedia

maidamedia

Hi, it is a long time that I own this product, but I haven't used yet... Is it possible to limitate the run. I need it to generate the world but not infinitely, II need a start point and an end point. Is it possible? Thanks

19. ktanyi

ktanyi

Hi, thank you for uploading this tool in the assetstore. I have a problem. I have placed a player and one of the roads i have created on the scene. I have assigned each road triggers and next track reference points. Now when I hit play button to test the game, it runs smoothly only that some tracks are being instantiated below and/or above the others. What could be the cause of this? Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

20. subho0406

subho0406

Hey there,

This can happen if your scene has more than one track. Always remember there should be only one track that should create all other tracks and would be the starting track of your scene. All other tracks must be saved as prefabs and not be active in the scene.
    Another possible reason could be "Use multiple ref points" checked in the advanced option for any of your TrackObject script. This checkbox is used to assign for than points to create more than one track used for creating crossroads. unchek this option and reassign the next track ref point iff it is checked.
    Hope this solves the issue.

21. aspide

aspide

Hi! I've bought your package and have seen an undocumented revival item in the store. Is it an active function or only a placeholder to be developed? Thanks!

22. subho0406

subho0406

The Revival has been included as demonstration to show to integrate simple unlocks and store. The script shows how to call the store api and enable revive icon when revive has been bought. It is a working demonstration.

23. aspide

aspide

Hi and thanks for answering me. You name a script that enables revive item but, sorry, it's not clear to me. Are you talking about the storefront script? Also, I suppose that revive item simply resumes the game state (as if it was paused). May you give me some sort of working example please ?

24. aspide

aspide

I've digged a bit into the scripts and found that store seems not to work. The scripts gets called because if the MoneyAvailable value is under 200 it answers correctly that the item can not be bought but when I set the value to, say, 2000 the store button does not buy the item and the money remains unchanged. Don't know if it's a unity problem (i'm using 5,3,2f1) or simply if there's a bug in my project. I will start a new project from scratch and report back asap.

25. GetAssetUnity3D

GetAssetUnity3D

Hi, how are you? i am going to use your runner system but I can not find out this engine on asset store. can you give me the asset's link?