Search Unity

IndieEffects: Bringing (almost) AAA quality Post-Process FX to Unity Indie

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FuzzyQuills, Sep 2, 2013.

1. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

hmm... the SSAO seems to be causing issues. maybe it somehow wasn't attached to the camera?

EDIT: oh wait! make sure you attached the main script!

2. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Well, I'm using the unmodified included scene (IndieEffectsFinal)! Everything should run smoothly with it, shouldn't it? :p

3. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Oh! Also, one more thing: are you using DX11? this will cause issues, as the SSAO won't compile on that platform for some odd reason...

And yes, unless the above is correct for your project, my example scene should run smoothly... :D

4. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

BTW, I had a look at your fire particles pack, it's gorgeous! One thing I actually request is that you post a scene from your pack using these fx, just to see how it looks! :) And pseudo-volumetric... Interesting! :p

5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Nope, no DX11 here :p so it's a mistery.
    I think I'll just not use it, even if it's a pity, SSAO really adds to complex scenes

Thanks! That was the idea since I'm trying to stay "all indie", otherwise the water would have been totally refractive and the fire would have been distorted!
    Bloom and distortion on the lava would have been a boon!
    Pseudo-volumetric means just that they *look* volumetric (with a point light), which is ok for most uses (the VIDEO in my signature is using them) Make sure you have a look at the demo! I did all with plain shuriken particles, no scripting, I'm faking an effect ;)

Is there a way to composite effects?
    Is it difficult to create a distortion effect? (having a distortion surface where to render on)

Eric2241 likes this.
  6. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

A distortion effect's easy with anything that generates a texture like my pack does. Just have your particle shader use an extra screen-space texture and distort that, then assign the RT to the new texture slot. I can help do this, if you need it. ;)

And sorry, I am not sure what you mean by composite effects... :D

EDIT: Man, that video is one way to use volume particles!

Eric2241 likes this.
  7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I'm thinking more of a texture where to render the offsets that gets applied to the base grab pass. Particles get rendered on a secondary camera that renders only the offsets and the particles (particles will have a certain layer that gets masked out from the main camera). Then the whole offset texture distorts the main texture.

By composite I mean "stackable" like in unity pro. Applied one after the other (first Antialias, then SSAO, then DOF, then bloom, them Aberration for example). At the moment they're mutually exclusive.

I'll try to use the bloom in the video, it would be nice to be able to have an extra exposed parameter on the inspector to choose the length of the "star" it creates instead of directly editing the shader.

8. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

The only problem with a composition shader is that it would need a texture captured after the previous effect was applied, making a very large performance hit every frame.

And that's an interesting approach to heat and/or particle distortion.

9. ArtificeBlade

ArtificeBlade

Has anyone tried using the overlay canvas in the new GUI system of Unity 4.6 to render the post-processed image, instead of the GL.Begin(), GL.End() methods ???

I'll try to make some tests to see which one would be better(cheaper).

10. Eric2241

Eric2241

Interesting proposition. That could most definitely work. In fact that could avoid the image effect being applied to addon gui systems like opengui, because of 2 cameras, so 2 layers.

11. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@ArtificeBlade: Sure, go give it a shot! :)
    If performance is good enough, feel free to include the changes in a GitHub pull request.
    And if such a thing is incorporated, keep the old GL method there, and comment your code, I will integrate it later when I get time.

Also note I would rather you modified the latest IndieEffects on GitHub, to maintain compatibility with that version, as the .unitypackage is somewhat outdated.

12. ArtificeBlade

ArtificeBlade

Working on it as we speak :)
    Hopefully I'll be done with it in a couple of days. I'll display the results here first before attempting to modify the GitHub.

13. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Cool. Plus, to get to GitHub, you make pull request. this doesn't go through until one of the managers, aka. me or Eric2241 approve the pull request. at that point, the old file is merged with the new one.

It is probably about time I made a pull request actually, as the working copy on my PC has a better texture system now... :D

14. boderless

boderless

Awesome! Thank you Sir!

15. ArtificeBlade

ArtificeBlade

Ok here is what I got thus far,

The new UI's Image component only takes a "Sprite" texture instead of a regular texture, which means that a Sprite object that carries the RT texture info would have to be created every frame using the Sprite.Create() method, which is horribly slow, and obviously was not intended to be used every frame. I've searched for another way to create a sprite from a texture, but apparently the above method was the only way. Needless to say, the framerate dropped from a solid 120 FPS to a staggering 25 FPS for using only a grayscale post processing effect, which worked with the old system with a 90 FPS.

I tried to ignore sprites all together, and take the textures as a material parameter and use them in the material for the UI's Image component, but that didn't work for the "_MainTexture" in each one of the tests that I made. It simply rendered a white texture when I debugged it. Apparently, the Main Texture has to be the pre-rendered texture from the sprite object if using the UI's material. However, it did work for the rest of the other texture and float material parameters that I passed through. I'll do some more tests and see what's up.

Honestly, I don't think using the UI would change much, since the frame drop occurs mainly because of the repeated use of ReadPixels(), the curse of Unity Indie users :)

Please feel free to include any corrections if I made a mistake in my assumptions.

16. Altered-Reality

Altered-Reality

If you use unityengine.ui Image then you right. But exist and RawImage for simple textures. Textures, generated on readpixels / texture2d.apply() methods is work on this spline (needed material with maintexture).

17. AMIR_REZAs

AMIR_REZAs

Thanks a lot. Works nice. but I need an image effect that improve graphic.
    Do u have it for indie?

18. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

What do you mean by "but I need an image effect that improve graphic?"

19. Frostbite23

Frostbite23

He seems like a newbie, well son there isn't a one trick image effect that will instantly make your game look good, there are tons of factors that define "good graphics", if you want good graphics i suggest you have good lighting, meaning like physically based shaders and such. But in here you won't find image effects that will drastically improve your graphics, if you want give my ported filmic tone mapper a try, tone mapping can also help out a lot with lighting. Otherwise your gonna have to get good textures, models, shaders, and especially lighting. This is something that everyone will be telling you if you want good graphics.

20. Frostbite23

Frostbite23

Sorry Sykoo, somehow i got hacked and i lost some of my unity goodies. I can't create them again because time is a bastard.

21. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Wait... YOU LOST THE SUNSHAFTS?! :eek:

22. Frostbite23

Frostbite23

Lost everything, :(. Except my game which luckily i back up every day.

23. Baldinoboy

Baldinoboy

Sorry man.

24. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Well, then, time to re-write it! :D

Just kidding. I will see how I can do my own sometime. probably on Christmas holidays (Of which are happening soon for me! :p)

25. Sykoo

Sykoo

Daaang dude, that's sad! :/

26. AMIR_REZAs

AMIR_REZAs

I need an image effect that show my model softer and makes better water( I'm using unity free but want reflection water) and also under water.

27. Frostbite23

Frostbite23

like i said there isn't an image effect that is a one trick pony, no if you want your model to be softer go to the mesh settings, change the normals to calculate and change the smoothing angle to your liking, now for water thats a different scenario. Read my post (8 posts above this one)

28. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@Frostbite23: We wish we had a one-trick pony... :D Preferably with rainbows and cookies please! :p

@Sykoo: Again, I can help do a re-write if people want it that bad. I did just speed-code a radial blur shader myself for a computer class project, and Sunshafts as far as I know just uses a mask texture and a blur sampled in the sun direction. (And faded out when it goes out of bounds... ;))

@AMIR_REZAs: Well, for water, I can go write a shader for you if you like! :)

29. AMIR_REZAs

AMIR_REZAs

Yes you're right.
    Please write it for me thanks :)

30. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Sure! Once I get time, that is, as atm, I have my class Unity project to finish first! ;)
    I do plan on writing some good water shaders though. Actually, let's see how writing one for my project goes... ;)

AMIR_REZAs likes this.
  31. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

Dear @FuzzyQuills Thank you deeply so much for this amazing Sonic framework !

Anyway ... Im sorry the request ... but i have here a issue ...

Im trying to put your both SSAO ( 0tacunSSAO.shader / and Bunell Disk SSAO.shader ) to work with UNITY PRO !
    As unity pro Ao Effects they suck so much ...

But i reaaly cant make it ... Im a Nob.

Can you give some guidelines on how to aply Your AO Shaders / Or just make them work // in Unity Pro Please ?

---
    Some abouts ADvanced Ambient Oclusion Methods ...

On Another Related Subject ... I think you have the Skills and ...
    Reaaly ScreenSPace Ambient Oclusion for Unity even pro are like 10 years old .... Its Unbarable all those Halo artifacts ...

---

Iv been trying to Make Something like a "multiresolution ambient occlusion" Effect

To Have Something more RICH Out of Ambient occlusion Like this Bellow

http://www.gamedev.net/page/communi...resolution-screen-space-ambient-occlusion-r93
    http://www.iquilezles.org/www/articles/multiresaocc/multiresaocc.htm
    http://pt.slideshare.net/ozlael/mssao-presentation

And im near ...
    I do try to achieve "this Hack by mixing Many ( like 6 Diferent Ambient occlusion passes ) ...
    But it Reaaly Completly kills frame rate in my work ...
    And the artifacts and hallos are unbarable ..

----

ANd Today there are so many techniques Outhere that Solve Common Unity AO Artifacts :

http://nickporcino.com/meshula-net-archive/posts/post145.html
    http://developer.download.nvidia.com/presentations/2008/SIGGRAPH/HBAO_SIG08b.pdf
    http://developer.download.nvidia.co...GRAPH/Bavoil_MultiLayerDualResolutionSSAO.pdf

Some others Reaaly good And implemented in Unity / But Never Released !

---

And i come across With So many Sourçe codes ... For Example :

http://devlog-martinsh.blogspot.pt/2011/10/nicer-ssao.html
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11542084/ssao_nohalo_1.0

But i DOnt Reaaly Have the Skills, and i dont know no one i can Ask the conversion ...

----
    So.. Prety Pleaaasssee ...
    Can you Please Convert This Ambient Oclusion Code Bellow For Unity ImageFx / Indie/pro:

This is the best i found out :

Accumulative Screen Space Ambient Occlusion

Complete Sourçe Code Here : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22405217/ASSAO Demo.7z
    More Technical Abouts: http://mtlung.blogspot.pt/2009/03/accumulative-screen-space-ambient.html

We reaaly need someone that could convert this things to unity so we all have better AO Effects In Free/Pro

There are so many People looking for this ...
    And not even the So called latest "pro" assets at sale in assets store remove the AO Hallo & SImilar problems ...

---

If you can do it this little conversions you will be my personal hero for a looong time !

THANK YOU DEEPLY SO MUCH For Availing this possibility .

Best Regards​

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  32. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@3DLABS: Well, since that Oculus exploit came out, (Wish it wasn't that way though... :D) It is possible for me to test Unity Pro effects now. (Due to the legality of it though, I don't plan on using it for any big projects until Unity really do put RT in free)

Anyway... Back to the point: You quite possibly picked the best time, as in a couple of weeks, I am on christmas holidays. for me: Christmas = Lots of game-dev work! ;) (And SSB Gaming... :D)

It appears you want me to do the ASSAO for you, if I'm correct. The techique looks as if it needs a 32-bit RT, of which I don't have much experience with... But I will give it a damn good go! :)

Will also port the current SSAO to Unity pro for you! :)

Also, love your profile picture! :):oops:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    RUBILYN likes this.
  33. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

THANK YOU DEEEEPLY SO MUCH DEAR SONIC FUZZY QUILLS !! You are amazing !
    :cool:

You know ! There is also the HBAO from nvidea ...

If you want to dig in / no one have Brought it to Unity Yet !

ANd here are Some SOurçe Codes :
    https://github.com/scanberg/hbao
    And some more :
    https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=HBAO occlusion&type=Code&ref=searchresults

And .. Well .. Moar ....

And ...

Yeah that kind of Multi Passes Expanded "full volumetric deep pass" Mixed Ambient occlusion Technique is amazing to Allow a very Realistic But Very Artistic almost like Global Illumination Efect / just with Ambient oclusion ... If we After merge it with Light Bleeding ... Still allowing reaaly artistic deep results ...
    :)

This Very popular ImageFx Merchant guy Here Bellow is Working on that !
    But he Still didnt figured out the Vallue of The exponencial No Hallo no noise ASSAO Technique i linked above :D...

We actually tried the SSAO pro Asset here :That seams its the best of its class in Asset Store ...
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ssao-pro-high-quality-screen-space-ambient-occlusion.274003/

But its technique is just like Unity Pro AO and still creates the Hallo Artifacts and doesnt Really do that "Multi Resolution Ssao passes Tecnique to Achieve The Global Deep Oclusion efect ... " Merging Severall Fx Passes with it comes out as bad as Unity Default AO reaaly ...
    :confused:

So if you start work on ASSAO And Latter Merge with MSSAO With the Severall MultiResolution Passes ...
    Well yoU Sure will be Doing Something Completly new and be ahead of everyone for christmas xD !
    ;)

Thanks so Million much for Availing This Possibility !

We All reaaly dying need this to Complement UNITY 5 Phisical Based Shading !
    ( Phisical Based Lightning gives us always a too much washed result especially in Unity 4 so ... )

And As SSAO in unity is Broken like AGES ago ...

You can even Develop a Individual Product out of this ASSAO Research And earn some if you want !
    :D

THANK YOU DEEPLY SO MUCH !
    For all your kindness and Cool Enthusiasm !
    And expecially for Sharing so much of your work with us all Fuzzy Indies !

Keep Ruling and Rock and Roling !

34. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@3DLABS: You are definitely welcome, Kyo, that would have to be the LONGEST Thank you post I have read! :)
    And that comparison shot... I actually saw a visual difference. It actually looks like someone did a subtle color bleed in the last one. ;)

IMO, HBAO looked better than all of them, there is actually a HBAO for unity somewhere if I recall correctly. (Found it one night while trawling through the showcase... :D) If i can find it again... That can help us! :)

You really do? o_O Well... :D I am one who doesn't care if I get paid by someone or not, I will still help! In fact, I only got paid once for simple help with one unity problem, for the rest... I do it for free, 'cause why charge money when you can do it for free? :)

It's actually the philosophy (I hope that's correct... :D) that drove this project to start, as I was sick of finding some epic pack... but lacking the cash or credit to buy the thing! So I made my own, then thought: "why not offer this for free" then after that... :D :) ;) :p IT TOOK OFF LIKE A TORPEDO SHARK!!!! :)

And to this day, I still wish to get back to this project, and from time to time, i do sit down and make a few subtle change,s and try out new stuff. (It has been in a bit of a hiatus for about 4 months, due to my workload at school getting reasonably heavy) So again... Once 'dem holidays hit, I will be off to do this for you, along with releasing V3.0 of these fx! (Also to finish my android game I am working on... :D)

So... Will be back soon! :) And since your post is so long, My reply actually isn't finished yet... :D

RUBILYN likes this.
  35. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

HI DEAR FUZZY !
    Thank you so much !

On a SMall Technical note : Seams that "Accumulative Screen Space Ambient Occlusion" Is Not so Expensive as "Horizont based Ambient oclusion" ... As the Accumulative is kind of "Realtime Progressive" if you notice on the video above ... Hell would be reaaly greath to Have both ASSAO and HBAO ... ANd All others one can get to play with ... xD

The ANgle Based PerPixel Normal Bend Oclusion from Unreal is also reaaly greath ...
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/179308/Indepth_Anglebased_SSAO.php

Not talking about the new DIstance field Oclusion presented in latest Unreal 4.5 As it mixes Skylight Contribution ...
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/lates...dows/DistanceFieldAmbientOcclusion/index.html
    https://de45xmedrsdbp.cloudfront.ne...Behind_the_Elemental_Demo_16x9-1248544805.pdf
    There so many stuffs Outhere ! Wile Existing Pro SSAO Systems in store are defective

And none of those goodies is reaaly available released to all us ...
    SOMEONE ! Reaaly needs to bring Some of those More Quality AOs to unity ..

If In Payed Open SOurçe / or DOnations Based Mode Would be Even better !

Well .. Its kind Of Refreshing a Unity Dev Not Think on the Money First !

Most of them Just think on the Money / Then "Because of the money" dont reaaly even finish their job ...

Like for example the DynamicGi Guy ... ( Made a Product , that was custing 90$ for the alpha/beta and in teh end did not deliver ( what its customers were asking for the money given ) Then Because of money "was forçed to abandon the project" indefinedly and even in shame remove it from assets store .. .. lolol -.- And what could be better ? We might ask ...
    WELL That DynamicGi Project is the absolute kind of example of a project that would ROCK Stellar if ( instead of all that nonsense ) Would Just Release it with a IndieGogo.com Canpain to Sponsor Improvments at each Goal Step ... and Then After money made allow others to make their own improvments simply released to GITHUB / Imo ... That would be the right way of doing it allowing others to help and earning some on donations right on start ... even doing a new canpain for each new large update .. well ... if one think well and do it well ! Even in totally non commercial models possibilities to financially support a development this days are endless ...

As product manager ... Thats how i think ...​

But Hoo.. Dear FuzzyQuills ! You are so kind ... Sure its a Deal then ! You deserve it !

We will Raise 5$ in our Big Enviroment packages / for including in Your Special To Come Fx Framework in our Unity5/4 Pro Packages ! For you .

Im Sure the Extra Advertising of ImageFx "Powered by FuzzyQuills" With a Link Back to your portfolio ... Will Also will do you good in Whatever you are in Actually ! ...

As a Indie Product manager i have the perspective that US INDIES ! Should Unite to make this of Small United Revolutions that Sometimes Stand Alone "Comercial" developers canot ...​

To go beyond the money ! But still enable to earn it ! With Cool MultiProject JoinVentures ...
    Thats the kind of Thing this Community is so greath at and what makes the big diference betwen Unity and Others Engines ...

You got the Team of "WorldComposer" as example ... http://becoming.at/about-becoming
    They started out as 1 or 2 man working at each own project ... But then Joined alot of Small Projects .. with severall Unity Extensions developers, joined up Members in a online studio and now are a full team doing and kickstarting the SkyDiving Revolutionary Best Unity Game so far ... ^^​

ANd i seriously think All Every ( even open sourçe ) Projects can revert in Financials ...

One can Always use IndieGogo.com and patreon.com Anytime ...
    To help you Financially to continue support and extend all ... even something that you just started for free ^^

HEY THANKS SO MUCH !
    We will be eagering to see what you can dig out !
    Take your time please !

Million Thanks
    See us around !

36. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Cool! Have to go now. Had time to look at the first paper, then followed a link to the Toy Story 3 SSAO... PRETTY! :)

Also appears to be the first time it actually looks right! :)

37. Gooseman_1977

Gooseman_1977

Wow, this looks great. Gonna check it out now. Thank for making it free! :)

38. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@Gooseman_1977: Let me know if you have any issues please! :) And enjoy the asset! ;)

39. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

HI There! Dear FuzzyGOD !!

How is Porting The Amazing FREE IMAGEFX / For Unity PRO ! Going ? xD ^^
    :p ( Hey ! hey .. I am joking ... Asking you that xD .. You are fast but not Sonic the hedgehog ! !!)

*Bad joke i know ... hehe.. Take your time please budy !

WOuld be reaaly cool to have that as near cristmas gift !

And thats some months ...

__
    Untill there i Got Here SOme Moar FUZZY TECH STUDY REPORTS for you !
    :cool: Check it out bellow ! Yo !

:D Thanks so much! Cheers.
    Ps: Just cleaned up the too long posts i did in the thread above ...

K.

BIG STUDY IN RESOURÇES HOW TO : Improve Fx Fidelity in UNITY PRO - FOR FREE !

Well you know ...
    Wandering this Prairies ...

I searched all every bit of this forum for AO techniques ... and ...
    "There is nothing" Much new in this "imageFx" sides of unity dev...

There are just 2 Products ... All work in progress...

IF WE SEARCH THE IMAGEFX CATEGORY ...
    Shaders/Fullscreen & Camera Effects In UNITY ASSETSTORE !

There is quite like ... Not much

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/category/148/page/1/sortby/popularity

Just two assets for SSAO

SSAO pro ..
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/22369

SSAO kkm
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/24445

Then there are the others FX ...

Natural Bloom
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17324

Go Linear
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13167

FX Pro
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/22189

All paying up to 50$ or 100$ even in some ...

BUT NOTHING REAALY NEW ! ...

The Most Exciting feature that is beying "working on" iv found was of the echoLogin Post FX Studio Been working on Bringuing a Simple Ambient Oclusion Implementation to Their Fx Creating Framework ...

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/13919

And tht might be kinda revolutionary as they say that product is "the fastest and most flexible AAA full-screen-image post-processing solution for creating and using multiple, simultaneous post image effects in Unity" ... Their framework Is fast it works in Mobile Allows Multipasses in 1 shader ...
    And Having acess to Scene Normals & Deep Pass Mixed with HBAO ... A person would be able to do any kind of Advanced AMbient oclusion Fx There ...

But Unfortunely the dev Doesnt have Ambient oclusion in the product / and doesnt know when it will have ... its a ubber shame lol ...

We all REAALY Would kinda need something like a nodebased "Shaderforge-Meets-Post-fx" Meets Next Gen Studio ( New asset store product ) thats for sure ...

But Dreams aside !

I think iv found out that Thread you were talking about From a guy Doing HBSAO For free

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ssao-for-unity-free.248836/

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ssao-in-unity-free.247816/

Seams that he did some improvments ...
    But i cant make it work in Unity Pro as well ...

And seams the guy took its FREE STUDY efforts otherwise and now its trying to make a Product or something ...

SO YEAH I THINK ITS QUITE THE TIME TO PUCH THE FUZZYSQUILLS FREE FX ! TO NEXT GEN !

AND MAKE IT WORK WITH UNITY 5 PRO !

____
    You can Even Make it DOnations Based Reaaly ..

Best ways iv found for that is Making a Patreon ..
    http://www.patreon.com/faq

Or STarting a IndieGoGo.com "flexible funding compain"
    https://go.indiegogo.com/pricing-fees

With a Flexible funding you can strech the goals of a project "Forever" ..
    Its good for non Time Limited Fundings ...

But Actually patreon.com is starting to get the Best Choiçe For Their Many models of Flexible funding STep by step Project goals ^^
    __

THE Thing is that This FUZZY FX FRAMEWORK ! Reaaly should have a "pop" Donations Method to Grow up you know ...
    __

Is how i think ...

Anyway Not pushing ya ...
    Take your time please Buddy !

^^

But -» I Took a whole Day for Deep Studies in this matter ..
    AND After digguing in the interwebs ... i found ... that ...

"The Sky is the limit for this FUZZY New UNITY Pro/Free ImageFx Framework ..."

Dont believe it ?

___
    YO ! CHECK IT OUT ! This report !

LIKE WHAT YOU SEE ABOVE ? Well ...

Users at ARMEDUNITY been working toguether and sharing codes and methods and conducting reserachs for improving significantly the fidelity of Unity Games FOR FREE ! ... ANd its quite cool what they been working on ..

http://armedunity.com/topic/8446-improving-the-visual-fidelity-of-your-games-advanced/#entry73817

There is this willywill (ShaderGod) User at ArmedUnity that been doing a Complete ReWrite of Unity tru all Fx latest year ..
    And He been posting a lot free Sourçe codes on the Shaders Repository

http://armedunity.com/forum/44-unity3d-shaders/

One of the things this awsome guys at ArmedUnity Been Playing and sharing That i would like to highlight are :

A Cool Phisical based Sun ..

http://armedunity.com/topic/7064-simple-sun/

A Cool Phisical Based Sky

http://armedunity.com/topic/7177-indie-sky/page-2

And then ! They mixed this Both Contributions with Horizon Based Directional Occlusion That Mixes Sky & Overcast Lightning Visibility ...

http://armedunity.com/topic/9133-horizon-based-directional-occlusion/?hl=hbao

I did not found any SOurçe codes for their latest work on Their Horizon Based Skylight oclusion ..

Anyway ! ... They been working also in Dynamic Ambient Image Based Lightning with SDDO Support

http://armedunity.com/topic/6098-dynamic-image-based-lighting/

There is also their awsome Free Screen Space Based Reflections

http://armedunity.com/topic/7353-screen-space-raytraced-reflections/

Its quite crazy Amazing the work done And shared for free there by that greath Open team so far !

But Hey ! As they are willing to share their work ! What might be a greath Ground to try some code partnerships ...

For what might become a big Image FX Framework - If we mix All those possibilities ..
    WIth all that been sharing There for free at ArmendUnity And Been done here ... ^^

--

My Big Spoted Idea here is to Reaaly Join in and get a Big Package of Revamped and all kinds of Actuall more - Curent gen "ImageFx" Framework - That can work ALSO in Unity Pro ...

This Small Open Codes Sharing Team at ArmedUnity Are reaaly a greath Start For a full PRO FREE ImageFx Framework !

__
    They are even going beyond the expected of open code things ...
    Including as Lately working on things as a entire Defered Physical Shading & fx Framework at near the Level of Jove2 But for free ! ^^

http://armedunity.com/topic/8168-physically-based-rendering-ii/

And for that ( LOL ) Includding Taking In Some SOurçe Codes From Unreal Engine FX Pipeline and aplying them into Their Free Unity Defered Framework ...

From Screen Space Reflections to ScreenSpace Global Illumination Based Oclusion SSDO / They are reaaly doing some AAAmazing work !!

QUite Amazing users be able to have that kind of Quality IN UNITY
    With a Nexy Gen Defered Framework for FREE hum !

Up Its becoming a Reality !

Expecially if we push a litle more for it ...

BUT HEY !

---

And whoiii ! Does not stop there ! Talking About Taking Free Sourçe Codes from Other Open Engines ...

Here something that might be a Next Gem for you ! Check out !

I was Searching for HBAO Code snippets and found out a Entire ( Extremely very similar in Cs Codes to Unity ) Complete Image Fx Pipeline ( even including yebis Fx Framework ) at the recently launched source code for the Japanese SiliconStudio Paradox Game Engine (http://paradox3d.net/).

If you Check it out the way they use things Including Their Advanced ImageFx Pipeline in SiliconStudio.Paradox.Shaders Root Code is Extremely similar to the System Cs Code organization in unity ... ^^

For Example here are SOme of their codes for HBAO & Oclusion Based Post FX ! ( they actually beying doing tests in this lately this october )

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...05621db3a716cfa64/sources/shaders/SSAOKeys.cs

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...cfa64/sources/shaders/parallax_occlusion.hlsl

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...2f05621db3a716cfa64/sources/shaders/ssao.hlsl

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...s/ScriptShader/Effects/Deprecated/AOPlugin.cs

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...16cfa64/sources/scripts/ScriptTest/Script1.cs

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...onStudio.Paradox.Shaders.Tests/TestRealMix.cs

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/pa...fa64/sources/scripts/ScriptTest/ScriptCube.cs

They Have the sources of all their scripts & shaders here ...

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/paradox/

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/paradox/tree/master/sources/scripts

https://github.com/SiliconStudio/paradox/tree/master/sources/shaders

SO i Guess As all been released as Gpl Apache Mit is just to PORT THE CODE ! And Aplying FORKING IT ! FUZZLY FREE To Unity xD

( Their Licence states that you can use the codes for whatever - as long as you release it also open sourçe for free.. )

Inst that Cool news for who might want to do a Free "PARADOX for UNITY" Framework ?! ^^ Haha..

*I will keep you updated if i find something else !*

Mery Happy Huntings !

Thanks so million much !

Have some nice Weeks there !
    Have fun !

Cheers.

3DLABS

Eric2241 likes this.
  40. Cyrien5100

Cyrien5100

Hey,
    Yeah, the effects presented here are really great, but unfortunately, many of them are not doable in Unity free with a correct performance cost. Most of them needs several render textures, with 2 or more passes (blur pass, accumulative passes etc). The render texture we can have with read pixels are pretty limited, only one drops the performances by 2 or 3.

To simplify, let's say we use a render texture in full res in pro. The FPS would be for example 150. If we do the same with read pixels, we will have something like 50FPS.

These effects (i don't denigrate them : i helped for the current ssao) are not really usable in a high end production. But they can be useful in webplayer games or not-fullscreen games.

Eric2241, RUBILYN and Baldinoboy like this.
  41. RUBILYN

RUBILYN

HI ! Thanks so much for beying hereee !

Im Actually Asking And Talking with FuzzyQuills to Port All this Efects into UNITY PRO !
    As Well try to have toguether Compatibility to UNITY 5 Beta ! With me Doing some debugs and trowing up some ideas ...

As providing the SOurçe code for Acummulative Screen Space And some others !
    http://mtlung.blogspot.pt/2009/03/accumulative-screen-space-ambient.html

But hey as you are here : The Million Dollars Question !

Can you PLEASE Help FuzzyQuills converting This Image Effects to UNITY PRO ! ? Pleaseee ..

Unity Even 5 Reaaly needs some Updated next gen Image Fx ... Its reaaly needed ! ANd its a Shame this Gems Been Converted with SO much efforts for unity Free / but the Majority of Users of PRO not Having it and have to keep with the "Owfull terrible" legacy Shader Fx ... WOuld be cool to Have a FREE FX framework In Unity PRO ...

And you all can Help !

We can Start by Converting your Solutions : http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ssao-in-unity-free.247816/

Can you please convert that Research yours to Unity Pro so we can test it in Unity 5 please ?

PS: I know you are Developing a Product to assets store / http://goo.gl/4WS5kF / And this Ideas of Getting a FREE PRO FX framework Might Interfer with your Selling plans ... BUT If you think Otherwise and if you convert Your own Development that you abandoned / to be compatible with unity 5 , and release that Updated FX For free, Even iN Asset Store - you will be able to become More Famous and your store get more sells ! That will Revert from your "Lite" to your "Pro" full full features image FX framework ... Im also a Merchant with many years so i know what im talking here ...

Just Think about it !
    We Merchants & developers dont need to make competition to eachothers !

When we can Unite in a Same Cause ! And UNITY Makes the power !

THANKS SO MUCH !

Reaaly Hope you can Convert your Older Unity free HBSSAO Hibrid To Unity 5 Pro !
    And Free Release it Here and at store ! As advertising for your Comming Framework !
    Believe - me ! This Simple but powerfull idea will just work !

And ! Viva lá Revolution !

3DLABS

42. WaterKH

WaterKH

I was wondering if this worked for the newest version of Unity? I know this is about a year old, but just thought I'd give it a shot. ^-^

43. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

@3DLABS: I actually know of "Shader God" or willywill already, and use one of his sky shaders for a project! :)

And love the pic of the hedgehog! :) Anyway, I will start full work on this once this week's over. (Only exam block next week, so in between exams, I have plenty of time to work on it! :))

@Cyrien5100: You do know that new Oculus thing for unity free means I can now test pro assets... :D
    @WaterMinecraft: Yes, it should, in fact, I recommend using the latest version of unity, as sometimes, the effects break on earlier versions. (In this case, its 4.5.0 minimum)

Eric2241 and RUBILYN like this.
  44. Eric2241

Eric2241

Wait which sky shader?

45. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

46. DK Reigns

DK Reigns

Please help me, how can I use this to my project? I really need this :( I'm new

47. DK Reigns

DK Reigns

Please help me, how can I use this to my project? I really need this :( I'm new

48. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

My pack? or the link above?

If you just use the .unitypackage file, (on page 1 of this thread) just import it straight into your project, then click the "add component" button on your camera. in the list, you should see "Indie Effects" listed, just go there, and add any effect you want to the camera. (Don't worry about adding the base script: if it's missing, it will add it for you! :))

49. Eric2241

Eric2241

50. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

Exactly! I will note that for Intel HD 3000, you need to use DX11 mode, as DX9 throws some weird artifacts on the bottom... :D Not sure what the situation is for other GPUs.