Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MegaBundle 02 - 331 Liquids&Splashes VFX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NeatWolf, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

As i said in the other thread. I would love to see rain ripples and raindrops.

Also i like almost all the demo effects except the splashes. I don't know what is but they feel unnatural to me.

NeatWolf likes this.
  3. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks for your feedback b4c5p4c3!
    Yes, current splashes are very cartoonish, but someone may like and use them! More realistic water splashes are yet to be done, I'm creating the water sprouts now.
    Rain ripples and raindrops are definitely going to be in the package.
    Let me reach a good number of FX and this will be soon on sale just like Pack01! :)

Could you please subscribe to the facebook page up here? I'm trying to centralize all my creation, sales, and news there! Thank you!

Cheers,
    Alex

4. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

30 prefabs and counting, check
    the
    LIVE DEMO ;)

I added the rain and several rain splashes, hope you like them. Of course you should build one on top of the other to get the full effect.
    I also added water sprouts (the beginning of a stream), and a few liquid leaks.
    Next: adding single-location splashes
    WaterFountain02.jpg

5. Wavinator

Wavinator

Very nice start to this pack!

A few random ideas:

foam waves - the foam you have now is nice for static water, but a wave graphic might be more exciting
    rain over bigger area
    pool reflection effects - like a swimming pool or murky pool (I can see that being neat with your God rays)
    whirlpool - slow, fast variants
    bubbles -underwater air bubbles
    straight spray - for fire sprinklers or shower
    geyser -start, ongoing, slowing to stop with maybe small and big variants
    falling water curtain - could be a spell effect or used for a fancy rich person's water fountain
    water jets - could be used for a fire hose, crack in a dam
    sprinklers
    oozing molten metal - would be nice if this was glowed
    leaking green sludge - glowing and non glowing variants?
    waterfalls (stream, river)

water ring fx - like nova
    water wall
    wave spell effect

dripping blood - because... well, it's a liquid pack, right? :D

I'm vehemently opposed to facebook, but I'll happily follow you on twitter! :)

6. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks for the ideas, let me analize them point by point:
    1. foam waves - the foam you have now is nice for static water, but a wave graphic might be more exciting
      you mean, static foam to manually apply on a river? I can do that
    2. rain over bigger area
      Simply tweak the particle system's size to your liking and maybe increase the particle per second
    3. pool reflection effects - like a swimming pool or murky pool (I can see that being neat with your God rays)
      Out of scope, this is a particle FX package. Also, reflections are likely to need Pro.
    4. whirlpool - slow, fast variants
      consider it done
    5. bubbles -underwater air bubbles
      doable
    6. straight spray - for fire sprinklers or shower
      You should probably have a second look to the live demo, Sprouts category, it may be what you want ;)
    7. geyser -start, ongoing, slowing to stop with maybe small and big variants
      Yes, I can make static geysers, but the animation would require external scripting.
    8. falling water curtain - could be a spell effect or used for a fancy rich person's water fountain
      This is going to be tricky to do without refraction, I'll see what I can do
    9. water jets - could be used for a fire hose, crack in a dam
      There are the Streams already, what difference is there from them?
    10. sprinklers
      Check Sprouts in the demo
    11. oozing molten metal - would be nice if this was glowed
      Glowing is a post FX effect, I can only fake it
    12. leaking green sludge - glowing and non glowing variants?
      same for above, with a color change
    13. waterfalls (stream, river)
      definitely yes. Consider that the Streams are very versatile. I'm going to add a physics friendly version (auto splashes)
    14. water ring fx - like nova
      like the walking on water fx? I'll do something like that :)
    15. water wall
      definitely yes
    16. wave spell effect
      Sure, I can make that
    17. dripping blood - because... well, it's a liquid pack, right? :D
      I love blood so blood sprouts and similar are planned
    That's a lot of requests, gimme some time, I'll be working on this list as fast as I can! ;)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

8. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

There are very cool additions to the demo since the first release.

I love the Shore Waves and the new splashes. Also i don't know why but in the splashes04 demo all i see is pink rectangles.

NeatWolf likes this.
  9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

I was a bit in a hurry and was restructuring the textures hierarchy, nothing problematic, it's just a missing texture I'll be fixing as soon as possible :) [EDIT: DONE] :p

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  10. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

47 prefabs and counting, check
    the
    LIVE DEMO ;)

Added:
    whirlpools Whirlpools.jpg

11. hopeful

hopeful

Is ice something that would be included in this pack? If so, I'd be looking for the following effects, with the idea of using them as player abilities:
    • ice patch
    • faint chilling vapor (for around ice, not as heavy as fogs in previous pack)
    • frost blast (maybe it would be the same as a steam blast combined with a snowflake blast?)
    • freezing rain that creates a puddle / ice patch
    • hail (storm effect)
    • hail blast (maybe adjustable sized hail pellets, or separate effects with small, medium, large hail)
    • ice chunk that can be used to imprison a player
    By the way, nice work on the swirling whirlpools!

Maybe there could a large tornado-like water spout, such as is seen on the ocean? Or a smaller version of that effect that could be used horizontally or vertically?

NeatWolf likes this.
  12. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

53 prefabs and counting, almost ready to sell.

Added:
    Physical streams, the water streams do impact on the surfaces you want leaving a nice splash effect.
    Check the (stream02 and variants):
    LIVE DEMO;)

RealtimeSplashes.jpg

hopeful likes this.
  13. Wavinator

Wavinator

Wow, very very nice additions! I especially like the twisting whirlpool and shore fx. And great job on the streams bouncing, too.

Got it. I'm still new to particles, so will try that out when I buy the pack.

Yes, right. Sorry I should have been more specific. I did not mean real reflections. What I imagined was a web of white wavy line effects similar to how you do foam. Like the foam, I imagined the user could make a colored plane then place the wavy line animation effects on top of the plane. But I don't know if that would look bad or not. (If it's bad or still outside of scope no worries, there is plenty here already!).

The sprouts could work, but I was thinking more like a combination of your thin stream and the sprouts that could rain down in a large spray (to fight those fires in the last pack!). Maybe this is also just a need to increase particle speed?

Sounds good!

The streams flow in an arc. I was thinking of something that looked like it had more pressure / force behind it. It sounds like this may be like rain, though, that we could just increase particle speed.

Thanks again for the awesome work!

14. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

The sprouts could work, but I was thinking more like a combination of your thin stream and the sprouts that could rain down in a large spray (to fight those fires in the last pack!). Maybe this is also just a need to increase particle speed?

The streams flow in an arc. I was thinking of something that looked like it had more pressure / force behind it. It sounds like this may be like rain, though, that we could just increase particle speed.
    [/QUOTE]

Sure, water spray and directional leaks are on the way ;)

The streams are *extremely* versatile, you could use them for a water tap or for a shower, or for an extinguisher, or for a waterfall, or a sprinkler, you just have to tweak the initial speed, most of the work has already be done! In the demo I am variating the initial speed of the Streams01 and Streams02 to show this.

I am thinking anyway of something more thick and dense like goo, paint, or lava. Maybe the lava will go in the other package, I don't know.

In the meantime:
    REQUEST 3: BUBBLES!
    Static version and underwater version. More variations coming ;)
    Bubbles01.jpg

15. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

ADDED: SPLASHES! 8 variants based on size and power
    73 prefabs
    already, the package may be soon on sale, and selling!

LIVE DEMO;)

(In motion they're way better :p )
    Splashes.jpg

16. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

ADDED: REQUEST 6 - STRAIGHT JETS/showers! 6 variants based on size and power, tweakable and rotable as you desire
    79 prefabs
    already, the package may be soon on sale, and selling!

LIVE DEMO;)

(In motion they're way better :p )
    Jets.jpg

17. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know how often people would need it, but since we have bubbles ... maybe something like a cloud of foam? Sort of like how bubbles pile up on top of the water in a bubble bath, or maybe how they would come out of a hose when fighting a gasoline fire or something.

NeatWolf likes this.
  18. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Consider it done :)

19. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Request: Bubble bath foam, 6 variations - done
    85 prefabs already, the package may be soon on sale, and selling!
    BubbleFoam.jpg

Wavinator likes this.
  20. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Request: foam jets, 6 variations - done
    JetFoam.jpg
    91 prefabs already, the package may be soon on sale, and selling!

Wavinator and hopeful like this.
  21. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Request: geysers, 6 variations - done
    Geysers.jpg
    97 prefabs, after these, I'll be working on the asset art for releasing the package, more requests accepted :)

22. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

UPDATE:
    Added new thick water streams. You have to configure 2 values instead of just 1 to set the speed of the flux, but they came up really nice. Fire, tweak and forget
    ThickStream.jpg

NEWS: The asset has been submitted to the asset store, coming soon!

23. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added water splashes, movable water balls, nova creations, and more fountains!
    NovaShots.jpg

24. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

EUREKA! IT'S LIVE!

big.png

Be smart, it's on sale at 50% now, watch the WEBPLAYER DEMO and run to the STORE!

HUGE UPDATE (127) IS INCOMING! TAKING REQUESTS!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  25. hopeful

hopeful

Picked it up. :)

NeatWolf likes this.
  26. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hehe, great buy, hope you're having fun with all the liquids. A color/texture swap and they can easily become every liquid you want!

Next update is pending, 128 prefabs, and some example gore!

27. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Sorry for the delay, I'll be working on those as well :)

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

I cant wait for the magic effects :), look very nice so far

Will they include some of the fire effects, like the cool fire rain too ?

If not i will grab the fire pack too i guess :), amazing price as well

NeatWolf likes this.
  29. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Yes, the magic pack will include all elements, but won't contain as many fire/liquids effects as in the respective packs.

Probably yes, the magic pack is going to contain new types of rain, spell specific :)

I, well, suggest you to watch the demo and of course grab the fire/fog pack: there's really much stuff there! (421 prefabs) at a cheap discounted price!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

I will just pick the fire pack as well to have all effects, great job :)

NeatWolf likes this.
  31. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added 4 new speeds of rain, with or without water splashes. the water drips DO collide with the environment BUT there are also machine-friendly versions of rain and random splashes if you don't want to waste too much processor power.

Rain01.jpg

32. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added: Freezing rain& frozen patches
    FreezingRain&Patches.jpg

33. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added: 4 levels of chilling vapors (lightly colorized, you can easily change the color)
    ChillingVapor01.jpg

34. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added: Frost Blast! (Or, Cone of Cold, for the GdR players out there :) ) FrostBlast.jpg
    One with flakes, one without

35. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Added Hail.
    151 prefabs pushed to the asset store!

36. sowatnow

sowatnow

Hi NeatWolf,

I played the demo, every effect has a blue square box popping up.
    Have this been fixed?

NeatWolf likes this.
  37. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Oh, my bad, it's the spawn FX effect that is missing a texture. Nothing bad, it's just an effect that shows up when you change prefab, I can fix it in minutes... but not exactly right now, I'll be busy for a hour at least.
    As I said, I just accidentally deleted the SPAWNFX texture, that's why you get the pink square, you shouldn't be getting it in the package, it should be a showcase-limited thing, I'll investigate :)

Thanks for the feedback!

38. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Fixed, try it now :)

39. hopeful

hopeful

I was watching the demo again, and I have a few questions ...

1) Is the effect on Pressure01 broken? It doesn't look like it used to, and it doesn't look like the other pressure effects.

2) The hail seems to be falling slowly, like snowflakes. Shouldn't the effect be running much faster? (And maybe with bouncing particles ...?)

3) Looking at the dripping "screen" effects, it made me wonder if there is a way to do icicles. I never see icicles in games unless they are hand drawn art pieces, and I assume it is because they are hard to do. So I offer it to you as a challenge. :)

NeatWolf likes this.
  40. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Thanks again for the feedback!

1) Was affected by water pulsation as per the Streams, fixed, and pushed higher so that it doesn't penetrate the floor

2) Renamed Hail in Snow. Added 2 Hail FX that should match your requests

3) because having polygonal icicles is expensive. I'll probably make some for the magic pack.

Hail.jpg

41. hopeful

hopeful

I think of hail as hard pellets or balls of ice. I can't tell what the Hail01 effect is at the moment ... it looks like white ribbons to me. Maybe it is going too fast now. :)

I really like the Hail02 effect. It looks to me like a slushy freezing rain or graupel. I think it's one of the best effects in the set, and there's some good stuff in there. (Great job, NeatWolf!)

Probably for my game I would use a combination of Hail02 and FreezingRain, and then fade in a Freezing Patch, to make a nice player spell-type ability. It would make enemies slower and make them slip and fall. I'd take the ChillingVapor and apply it to the enemies to help show they are affected.

The frost blasts look great too. :)

42. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

If Hail01 looks like white ribbons Hail02 looks like it as well since the base is the same. It's the motion effect. I'll make it "all roundy" just for you ;)

If you're really really satisfied with the size and quality of the package could you please leave a nice review for others to read? That would really really help the morale and the sales (better quality content) :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  43. hopeful

hopeful

I'm trying to post a review at this moment, in fact. But the asset store is all up and down today and mostly down. Frustrating! :(

EDIT: Finally got the reviews in!

BTW, I see you've changed Hail01 already.

Honestly, the older version of Hail01 looked like long white stripes with no impacts in the demo and not like Hail02, which includes small white streaks, but also shows a lot of impacts, which are nicely done. Currently the Hail01 looks a bit more like lightly falling snow. I'm not sure how to tweak it to make it better, but I can at least give you the feedback.

I'm not sure what need the Hail01 is intended to fulfill. If it was me, I'd probably drop Hail01, and take Hail02 and make a light hail, medium hail, and heavy hail out of it. Something like that.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  44. sowatnow

sowatnow

Hi there,

Thanks for fixing the demo link.
    I have looked at the demo and got some comments or feedbacks, whatever you prefer.
    - The fountain effects disappears instantly, maybe put in a fade out effect to smooth out transition effect.
    - Freezing rain shows square boxes instead of proper rain
    - Rain needs to be smooth, right now its pops in and out

Overall it's good, just need to smooth out the transition between particles, that it will be perfect.

Thank you

NeatWolf likes this.
  45. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

1 - I believe you mean that the particles of a few fountains have no fadeout effect on the particles' life, I'll fix that. Making transitions from one fountain to another is out of scope at the moment (you have to write your own script on a per-fountain basis to do that)
    2 - Sure, that was an initial crude version of the rain, I'll smooth the borders out
    3 - Same as above.

Thanks again for the feedback, let me know if you have requests :)

EDIT: All requests satisfied.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  46. sowatnow

sowatnow

Yep I meant the fountains having no fadeout effects.
    Regarding the snow, would be good if you can add few more where snow is falling down/or on angle slowly and light (the current two are very heavy).

Also would be good if you can add mist/fog, rays, to either this package or the fantasy magic one. Some examples of mist/fog, rays shown below. I don't expect you to be able to achieve everything shown below, but just to give you an idea what the crowd is after. If they can't be done with the system you are using, then don't worry, just ignore them.

light blue fog/mist (not expecting this quality from you :))

rays

47. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

God Rays and myst are already covered by the Fire&Fog package. I could add some only if they're liquid here. Water foam is good, fog&myst no.

If you have more requests about Liquids&Splashes, please share them and I'll try to satisfy them. :)

48. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

UPDATE! Blood&Gore! Most of the effects, splashes, fountains are getting BLOODY!
    A lot of new bloody prefabs ready to use for your gory needs! Blood01.jpg Blood02.jpg

Try the Webplayer Demo!

49. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

BLOODIFICATION complete! Almost all previous effect have now a blood-version.
    TONS of new fine-tuned prefabs, it's not only a recolor!
    Blood06.jpg

STORE: http://u3d.as/9qb
    DEMO: Webplayer Demo (WIP)

50. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

GREAT NEWS! All the blood is already available on the store, enjoy! ;) big.png