Search Unity

In-Game Ads for other platforms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wlad_s, Oct 30, 2014.

1. wlad_s

wlad_s

Hello,

In-game advertising is simple for iOS and Android. There are many solutions like UnityAds, Cb, Adcolony etc

I wonder, if I wanted to make my game available on Facebook or a website, is there a similar service for that? I tried searching but I've found nothing.

What is the right way to monetize a free FB/web game?

Also, is there such a service for standalone games?

Thanks

2. jonkuze

jonkuze

The best Solution I found so far for Unity Browser-based games is Ad4Games,
    you can check out one of their offers here: http://ad4game.com/adspec/overlayads/

"Overlay Ads" basically it's a pre-loader that loads the Ads before your Game actually begins. It uses HTML5 or Javascript I think to Load the Ad over your game. I think they may also have other solutions also for in-game Ads. Only small issue I think is you need to get approved to get an account with them. The application will ask questions about how much Traffic your current Website or Game is getting. I was fortunate to have some previous data I could show, but not sure how easy or hard it is for someone to get an account with no Traffic history.

If you are looking to add In-Game Ads for a Micro-Transaction Paywall I think it's called where players can view a video Ad and receive In-Game currency in-exchange for watching the Ad, I think I have some links to some services that offer this. I'll try to find them and share.

3. wlad_s

wlad_s

Hi Kuroato, thank you very much for this info!

Viewing a video and receiving In-Game currency sounds great too. We're doing just that with one of our mobile games via Adcolony. It would be cool to have the same feature if we port it to FB Canvas. Hope you'll find the links :)

4. jonkuze

jonkuze

Yes, I'll find them... I'm at work right now so when I get home i'll check out my Bookmarks... as I will need them eventually as I plan to do the same thing your doing.

wlad_s likes this.