Search Unity

Importing Window's Projects?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by InexorableInquest, Jul 11, 2016.

1. InexorableInquest

InexorableInquest

Hello All,
    EDIT: I realize now that import may be a poor word to use. I am saving all the files from my Windows machine and then trying to download them onto my Linux machine. However, even looking at the folders on the CD Drive, it doesn't seem to recognize anything. :(
    Does anyone have any experience importing an old windows project onto Linux. When I put the files on it recognizes the project folder and sees the asset folder. It doesn't see all of the folders or files that are in the top folder.

So it would be great to know which files can be imported. Are there any tools that I can use to help me important them?

In the meantime, I will see if I can important the Roll A Ball tutorial project. :D

Thank-you

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. mgear

mgear

If nothing else works, maybe could create unitypackage (select all from project window, export unitypackage, and import that to the project)

3. InexorableInquest

InexorableInquest

I don't understand why but I had to install Gnome and Gnome Sharp

4. Cygon4

Cygon4

I'm dual-booting Windows and Linux, opening the same projects (on an NTFS partition) from both systems.

If you have the ProjectSettings and Asset folders, the directory containing those two folders should open in the Linux editor right away, just like it does in the Windows editor. You can even share the Library folder (contains intermediate files generated from the source assets Unity imports) instead of rebuilding it on Linux.

Sabun likes this.
  5. Tak

Tak

Eek, running from a shared NTFS filesystem is definitely not a tested scenario. :)

6. Cygon4

Cygon4

Haha, but it's working awesomely. Especially since it protects me from case-sensitivity issues :)