Search Unity

I'm a hopeless bunny rabbit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheAmazingB74, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAmazingB74

TheAmazingB74

Where can I find tutorials that work? I can easily do stuff w the standard assets and the built in stuff, its when I need to do something else I get COMPLETELY lost. Most the tutorials I find are old and I have trouble translating to even begin to get em to work if the auto translate doesnt catch it. I've been thru most of the one's on here and gonna keep sluggin away at em. I;m NOT looking for monkey see monkey do. Not knowing why doesn't really TEACH you anything. I'm truly at my wits end and if it weren't for the fact that I'm extremely stubborn, I'd probably give up lol. SOOOOOO yeah...suggestions?

Master-Frog likes this.
  2. LaneFox

LaneFox

The Learn Section tutorials are very good. You should have no problem following them and understanding the principles and ideas behind them.

I don't think you really need much beyond that and some basic C# tutorials, honestly. There's plenty of auxilliary tutorials out there but you don't really need them for much more than just ideas to get going on your own. If you don't plan to follow tutorials as 'monkey see, monkey do' then you shouldn't have any trouble anyways.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

If you can't manage via learn section then perhaps you should first learn how to program, or alternatively use Playmaker or such since Unity isn't in fact out of the box any good for non programmers to make games with yet.

Oh, and I'm not interested in titles like "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" which I've changed to a more suitable "I'm a hopeless bunny rabbit."

The reason being is that you can't and will not talk smack on a development forum. You have to make every effort to help people understand you with clear communication. It's essential to development.

QFSW, Martin_H, Teila and 5 others like this.
  4. Whippets

Whippets

There's a whole internet full of free tutorials and code snippets to suit all needs and tastes. Try here.

5. elmar1028

elmar1028

It's rarity to find Unity tutorials that don't work. I mean yeah of course tutorials on Unity 1 won't work on Unity 5.
    Cool thing about Unity is that it's interface remains same even after large updates.
    Learn section is your best bet right now. Go through basic tutorial make a small project.

6. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  7. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

QFSW, Teila and Master-Frog like this.
  8. Ryiah

Ryiah

Try a book? Here's one for Unity 5. Though it does require knowing C#...

https://www.manning.com/books/unity-in-action

... and what do you know, there's a book for that too!

http://www.robmiles.com/c-yellow-book/

I clicked this thread entirely believing it was a really weird spam bot...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    QFSW and Kiwasi like this.
  9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

My tutorials are awesome. Just putting it out there.

On the other hand they are also designed to be quick and dirty, and require the user to have a basic understanding of the Unity environment and scripting. Probably not bunny rabbit material.

They are also rather chaotically organised. I build them based on whatever I feel like making at the time.

So yeah, maybe bunny rabbits should stay in the learn section until they level up a bit.

10. Archania

Archania

I was hopping for cute fuzy bunny pics....
    That are in the jaws of wolves, bears, large cats, snakes....
    :( now I'm a sad panda...

11. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

What like this?

Archania and Master-Frog like this.
  12. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

Tell me how is this not smack what you have done. Just because you don't like something that was said doesn't mean you should insult someone by calling him a hopeless bunny rabbit. Your attitude is even worse than OP because you are a mod and should give the right example but you rather lower yourself and do the opposite. Maybe you should buy a mirror and watch yourself instead of staring at a computer screen all day.

13. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I see, well that's unfortunate :)

Samuel411 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.