Search Unity

IL2CPP: Xcode says params and arguments is not the same

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by suntabu, Mar 16, 2015.

1. suntabu

suntabu

the error:

with this c# code
    MedthodsInfoDic[type] = methodInfo.MakeGenericMethod(typeof(HugePlayer));

Attached Files:

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Which version of Unity are you using to cause this error? We have one fix in 4.6.3p3 for a problem with MakeGenericMethod where the number of generic parameters for a method was incorrect.

If the problem does happen with 4.6.3p3, can you please submit a bug with a project that causes this issue? This is one that we definitely need to fix. Thanks.

3. suntabu

suntabu

Oh,Thanks for your work on fixing bugs, I'm using Unity4.6.3p2 and I'll try the new patch.

4. suntabu

suntabu

With the new patch, the building step even cannot be successfully completed,

Attached Files:

5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This looks like a regression in behavior from 4.6.3p2 then. Can you please submit a bug an include this project? Thanks.

6. suntabu

suntabu

I've tried to create a simple project to reproduce this error,but failed! can you tell me some tips to do this?
    And what do you mean by "4.6.3p2", this error occurred on 4.6.3p3

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

From the error message it is difficult to tell specifically what is causing the problem. It looks like something related to the HttpRequestSuccCallback type is the culprit though. If you cannot create a simpler project, it may be possible to submit the entire project.

I mentioned 4.6.3p2, as I believe this error during the IL2CPP conversion did not occur in 4.6.3p2. Instead, IL2CPP succeeded with that version, but then you saw a run-time error. Is that correct? Thanks.

8. suntabu

suntabu

Yes, makegenericmethod error occurred in 4.6.3p2, submitting entire project is unacceptable,as it is so large! I'll try simple project again,thanks

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  9. suntabu

suntabu

@JoshPeterson I've submitted a simple project to reproduce this error. this bug link is:
    http://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?681688_6si0skig3madig0e