Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I would like to share my game ideas with the community. How would I be able to do that?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CainenEX, Nov 25, 2014.

1. CainenEX

CainenEX

Hello fellow community members,

Its been my intention recently to further involve myself in the game developer community as I would like to increase my exposure to other people's ideas and experiences. That being said I'd also like to share my ideas and experiences with you as well. But more precisely I wanted to get some feedback on my game ideas.

I've been working hard on my project since 2012, the year my grandfather passed away. The ideas themselves have been in the works a lot longer and have carried over from past games I've made and played. I've only shared my ideas and work with my closest and most trusted friends (who are gamers themselves). However I'm looking for a broader opinion now, as well as more exposure to other people's critique and suggestions.

I'd like to share this current project I am working on but find myself pondering how best to present it. Its conceptual work at best with some artwork I've commissioned but there are some solid game ideas that are there. Do I need to write it up as a GDD (game design document)? Or is it better to have it summarized in a certain way? How can I best present this to others?

2. sootie8

sootie8

Make a youtube video overview of your game, post a link to that video in the WIP thread along with some screenshots, with a little summary below it.

3. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ