Search Unity

I want to make a city builder asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Luftbauch, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Luftbauch

Luftbauch

Hello uniters,
    I did many parts of different buildings and i follow a global unit system that scaling will make no problems and easy could be snapped together.
    I have only done the top down shooter tutorial, but can me please lead someone in the right direction?
    All i do i do from scratch no external materials used (i dont steal).
    http://luftbauch.deviantart.com/
    The last pics show me testing it out, but this still needs some time to get polished and usable.
    I want that my assets are in some sort of library, for example corner_left_type1_basement. /pillar_fill_32_type1
    Type stands for different styles of the buildings.
    Then you can drag and drop them onto a grid and they will fit perfectly.
    In the moment i did only the highpolyversion but i want to bake textures onto lowpoly and offer that too.
    Till now i have 137 parts finished (without textures), enough to build two buildings with small variations.
    I would like to preconfigure some stuff like one complete floor walkable, one only external(for example).
    I hope you can understand what i am talking about with my rusty english, forgive me that.
    First i need to finish more parts, but i would also be interested to give later a model away for free to get some feedback?
    Perhaps here is a coder that is interested to do the coding part for me with an asset store account and experienced in uploading stuff and advertising. I am willing to share profit, generated through that asset, if i find someone who i can trust.
    I am open for suggestions for parts or asset that should be included.
    If you sketch out some forms i can integrate that too.
    Best regards Stefan

2. Hard target

Hard target

Here a suggestion for your city builder.Whereever the user puts the city pieces or buildings it should level the terrain.I believe you should be able to place down many buildings at a time.Then you could rearrange them yourself.While they hug the ground.Making the buildings where you can walk in them is a good idea.

3. Luftbauch

Luftbauch

Thank you @ hard target. I bet that would be a nice feature, but i have no clue how to realize in unity.
    Perhaps you can lead me to a tutorial that i can code the asset by my self like i wrote in my startpost.
    Without a nice coder/in i cant realize it like i want.
    Some time ago i found something similar in the asset store, but i cant find it again.
    He had a nice system there where each floor had a color and each fitting part had the same color, was easy to use.
    In the moment i arrange the objects inside Blender with many arrays.
    I think noone is interested to drag and drop 50 objects to create a house by self.
    If a coder reads that, i would be happy if we could make a deal.
    Its really easy to make nice perfectly fitting object with that. Texturing is easy too, because of unit system.
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

4. Hard target

Hard target

Look at this tutorial and you might learn something new.Unity3d - Object placer in play mode.
    It is on youtube.