Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I have unity 4 pro license. will i get unity 5 pro without purchasing new license ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sushanta1991, Oct 6, 2015.

1. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

Hi guys i want to know that , if I have unity 4 pro license, will i get unity 5 pro without purchasing new license ?

or i need to purchase unity 5 pro license separately ?

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

No.

If you purchased a Unity 4 pro lisence you will need a new lisence for Unity 5. But check carefully, the lisence model changed between 4 and 5. Many devs no longer need pro.

3. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

4. N1warhead

N1warhead

Well I know mine, I had got it like a week before 5 came out and they had that special or whatever going on (for the subscription at least like I got) where they gave you a Unity 5 Key once released.

I'd get in touch with Customer Support and see if that offer is Valid for you.
    I only keep it for my Dark Theme and no Splash for PC games.

Edit - actually closer to a month or two before it came out.

jpthek9 likes this.
  5. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

As @BoredMormon said, check if you actually need it or not. The free/pro split of old isn't a thing anymore, if you would still like to upgrade your license though you can.

6. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

@Aurore basically i need to add custom splash, for which i think i need pro license. And i need license for IOS and Android. So what you think , do i need to purchase License for each platform i mentioned ($1500 each) or is there any special up-gradation plan exists ?

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

You will have to, yep... $4500 to put down. Or you can potentially have a little rebate if you want to show up the unity logo on your games. But you'll have to discuss that with a sales representative.

8. Ostwind

Ostwind

It was only around $500-600 per platform to upgrade to 5 back when there was the pre-order period available for months. Now I guess it's $700-800.

9. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Discounts aside, upgrade pricing is always half the price of the normal license cost, so $750.

--Eric

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

True, totally forgot about the upgrade pricing... so basically $750 to upgrade to pro + $3000 for android pro and IOS pro = $3750

11. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Yes you will need to upgrade your Pro license, since you have 4 it would be half the price to upgrade to 5, $750. I'm not sure if you have iOS and Android currently? If you don't then you would be buying a new 5 license for both iOS and Android would be full price.

However right now you can upgrade your perpetual 4 license to a 5 subscription for $40/month for 12 months instead, sign in on the store and add your license to your account to take a look at the deals and see what suits you best. https://store.unity3d.com/products/subscription_offer

12. sushanta1991

sushanta1991

Thanks you guys for your answers, it really helped.

darkhog, Aurore, Kiwasi and 1 other person like this.