Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurried Heroes [WIP] - "Beat the Clock" Dungeon Crawler

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by StephenAS, Aug 23, 2014.

1. StephenAS

StephenAS

I went live with my Kickstarter, so it felt like the right time to post about my game.

Hurried Heroes is a Cross-platform Multiplayer "Beat The Clock" Dungeon Crawler! That's quite the mouthful so lets break it down.

In Hurried Heroes you are a hero or heroine who's come to the fabled Trembul Town to vanquish evil, right wrongs, collect treasure and do it all as quickly as possible. The Island that Trembul Town inhabits is cursed, and at different intervals violent earthquakes consume whole areas, only to shake others free. Because of this, the quests you'll be tasked with completing are all timed. It won't be quite so easy as collect 10 relics and defeat an evil demon when you've got to do all of that before the clock runs out and the whole area is buried in rubble. So what do you do? Do you skip treasure to ensure you survive or do you cross your fingers that you'll be fast enough to fill your pockets while still achieving your goal.

The dungeons are procedurally generated (with some rules for balance... and FUN!), so every quest you are given will create a different dungeon and scenario.

Hurried Heroes lets you customize your hero and choose a Barbarian, Thief, Mage or Archer. And the 3 initial locations on the island that you can quest to are the Keep, Forest Ruins and Cemetery. The hub of your journey is the Tavern, where you can change classes between quests to better suit your team needs. Your heroes level up, gaining new skills and abilities.

You can play hurried heroes in 4 player split-screen on the PC, or play online (or LAN) with up to 8 players. Hurried will allow cross platform play between Android devices and PC (and the platforms will grow if we make it to those stretch goals!)

As you can probably tell I'm using alot of Asset Store packs, here are a few:
    - Lots of BitGem
    - Dungeon Breaker
    - DunGen
    - Cartoon FX (1-3)
    - FX Megapack (1&2)

Feel free to ask me anything about the game, or its development. I'll keep posting screens and videos as I go!

2. StephenAS

StephenAS

My Kickstarter has 3 days left on it, and we've made it! Here is the newest video, showing the character customizer.