Search Unity

How to start creating games

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by SouLWalkeR, May 3, 2011.

1. SouLWalkeR

SouLWalkeR

Hi, i've been learning Unity for some, short, time and went though the tutorials i've found on the internet. I'm willing to learn more but can't find any new (free, yea i'm a student) tutorials. I have the feeling i don't know enough to start creating my own game. I already have a good concept that covers a lot of learning-points. I want to be able to use the information i've learned, to recreate a game to my own idea. But now i'm a bit stuck of not knowing what to do next.

Tutorials i've already done
    - 2D Gameplay Tutorial
    - GUI Essentials
    - Scripting Essentials
    - 3D Platform Game
    - Unity Jump Start Video Tutorials
    - 3D Buzz, Inc

My question, what to do next? Are there more good tutorials that i can learn from ore going for the big leap?

Best regards, SlwR

2. Dreeka

Dreeka

3. SouLWalkeR

SouLWalkeR

Dreeka thanks for the reply! Very usefull. I'll get started the very next think tomorrow :)

This will keep me going for a while, i think i'll be ready to create a game on my own afther that :p

4. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

5. SouLWalkeR

SouLWalkeR

Thanks HTH_mrsnake. I already knew about the website but never actually put any time in the website to look into it. The challenges look like fun to do. While i posted the message here i was looking into the unity3d mirc channel and talked to some people there. They simply recommend to start building some simple games like pong and pacman. When stuck just try again or ask for help i suppose.

My plan is this, going though the list of Dreeka's link and then look into mrsnake's link before i'm going to try to create a pong game. After that i'll see where i'm at.

Thanks for the replays again, really helped me out and kept me going!

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

As Meester Snake said Unity3dStudent.com :)
    My favourite site to recommend to people learning Unity.

Youtube also has a lot of Unity3d vids, showing off features, and how other development teams have made their games.

7. xguild

xguild

Hi there.

Not to toot my own horn here but your skill level is the exact one I'm looking for to work on Unity Lab projects (http://war-doa.com/UnityLab/). Your pretty much where I'm at and I'm kind of having the same issues, its the primary reason i put the website together because I kind of feel like "ya I have some basic skills, but where do I go from here"?.

If your interested let me know, I would love to get a few people like you into Unity Lab projects and work on them together.