Search Unity

How to make an AI for a checkers Game ?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by LearnPHPaz, Jun 28, 2015.

1. LearnPHPaz

LearnPHPaz

Hello,

I am still trying to make a checkers game. I've done everything, now I just need an AI. I started with a bad IA (completly random moves), but now, I want to make something better.

The problem is that I don't have any idea of how do we do an AI for a board game, and there isn't any tutorial to make that. So if someone knows, please tell me :) I'm not asking a code, but just for an algorithm.

Thank you.

2. larku

larku

3. LearnPHPaz

LearnPHPaz

Thank you for your answer, larku. I checked the minimax algorithm. I understand the way it works, but i didn't see any example for a checkers game, could you try to explain me how it works for a checkers game ? Thank you

4. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

5. LearnPHPaz

LearnPHPaz

Thank you but what's "Google"?

6. larku

larku

Google, the search engine: http://www.google.com

AlucardJay likes this.
  7. LearnPHPaz

LearnPHPaz

Thank you for this help. The funny thing is that i come to make a topic in a forum to get google links. If you don't have anything to say and don't know how to answer, just don't answer. I of course already seen those links but i thought i'd get something better than google links. Anyway, I found the solution by myself so this topic is officialy closed. (PS: I'm sorry for you if you didn't understand that my last post was sarcasm..)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    AidanHG23 likes this.
  8. larku

larku

Sorry but you're being damn rude now - if you don't want us to assume that you haven't done any research then STATE what you have done - a quick google gave me LOTS of solutions to what you asked for. As such I was left to ASSUME that you did not do your due diligence before asking.

Your attitude stinks - I spend MY time trying to assist YOU and you respond with sarcasm and arrogant rude replies.

You need some adjustment to your communication and social skills.

WheresMommy and AlucardJay like this.
  9. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

yes, we showed you where the tutorials are instead of retyping a wall of text on the rather large topic of how to create AIs.

WheresMommy, AlucardJay and larku like this.