Search Unity

How to make a mobile 3d thirdperson basketball game

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by rh0bz, Jan 21, 2016.

1. rh0bz

rh0bz

I am a beginner, could anyone help me out where do i start? Let's say i already have a character how do i start with animations like for example i want to make my player automatically picks up the ball when near to it then automatically dribble it. I haven't found any single tutorial about a game like this. I cant even find some basketball animations in the asset store such as crossover moves, shooting, block, dunks etc. so please teach me the basics i want to make a streetbasketball game like freestyle street basketball game. Im very new to 3D :(

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

3. badrenanna

badrenanna

i'm a beginner too but you know what? you should begin by other simple things like flappy bird ... and when you become professional you can return to develop such a complicated game.

theANMATOR2b and OboShape like this.
  4. rh0bz

rh0bz

I have already made a complete 2D Infinite Runner Game and now want to improve my skill in 3D, I have already setup a basketball game and manage to make the dribbling animation and now my problem is how to shoot it in the ring

Take a look at what I have done so far

5. domkia

domkia

I would suggest you to get this cool little asset: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7092
    With this you will just need to give your start position, ring position, maybe arc height.
    When the ball is near rim you can play miss\score animation or let the physics finish the job. Because it works with rigidbodies.
    Btw. nice looking game. Good luck.

rh0bz likes this.
  6. rh0bz

rh0bz

Thank you for the link. Will the ball always get shoot on that code or can i set a percentage depending on its position like for example i am in the 3 point shot i want to lower the chance of getting the ball shot but would like to always hit the edge of the ring if it miss could that be possible?

Btw i have used a transformdirection and managed to get the ball shot but its useless because the force and angle is fixed so i might use that script on your link take a look what i have done, my first shot won't unfreeze the constraints of the ball and it just goes up in my code i have attached the ball to the player and freeze its x and z position so it looked like it's dribbling the ball. When i shoot the ball it creates clone and i set the code to unfreeze x and z position but it only triggers on the second shot

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  7. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b