Search Unity

How to gradualy turn a sprite's color to pure Whte?

Discussion in '2D' started by InkaTorque, Feb 21, 2015.

1. InkaTorque

InkaTorque

Hi guys , i have been given an assigment at work (I'm doing an internship con a small video game company) , i have to gradualy turn our main character (which is composed of 50+sprites) into a full white silhouette whenever I the player presses a certain button on the keyboard.

I tried Lerping the current spriteRenderer color to white but doesn's seem to work . I have read that one way of achieving this effect is to use shaders . Is that the only way to achieve that effect?If so : Where can I find good documentation/examples/tutorials about Shader programming in Unity? Will programming a brand new shader that does this little effect be too hard for a guy who has never programmed any shaders at all?I've been reading the Unity documentation on shaders , but there are a lot of things thar are still confusing to me . I hope you can help me.

2. PGJ

PGJ

3. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Since your doing an assignment while in an internship you should probably go the shader way, but another simple solution is to animate a light to hot white - the light would be setup to only effect the character.

4. mgear

mgear

Color.Lerp() should work fine, what was the problem?