Search Unity

How to create an app in which information can be modified without updating an app?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by circleline, Apr 20, 2015.

1. circleline

circleline

Hey! I don't know anything at all about online apps/games and i'd like to get started with it.

Thanks

2. Christian-Tucker

Christian-Tucker

Your question is not in detail, to the point it could be considered spam, please explain your question.

3. circleline

circleline

I want to create an online app but i don't know how to do it, how can i make an online app?

4. Christian-Tucker

Christian-Tucker

This is still not in detail at all. What kind of application do you want? An "online" app doesn't explain anything. There's thousands of different ways to do the same thing, you're going to have to give us some information if you want help.

5. circleline

circleline

I simple want to create an app which i can keep on updating text information and make announcements for a group of people

6. Mr-GamingWatch

Mr-GamingWatch

I think he's saying he wants an app which the text will change on it, but he doesn't want to update the app itself.

(How Twitter gives you new tweets without actually updating the app itself)

7. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I think you want something like the remote control prefs from the asset store.

8. Christian-Tucker

Christian-Tucker

We can only assume, and I'm not about to spend my time writing out a detailed answer for something he can't even explain himself. Even if English isn't his first language, I'd be more than happy to translate it myself if he'd just give us information. "Updating text information and make announcements for a group of people" just tells me he wants to send some information.

Does he want database storage, does he want keep-alive server connections, etc.

9. rakkarage

rakkarage

http://blog.parse.com/announcements/announcing-parse-config/

10. circleline

circleline

Thanks for the answers, the thing is that i don't quite know how to explain what i was trying to explain because i am not familiar with some 'tech' terms. And also the thing i wanted was something like what Mr.Gaming Watch was talking about.

11. circleline

circleline

@rakkarage That's what i'm talking about bu i don't know how it's done with Unity3d, can you explain?

Thanks

12. rakkarage

rakkarage

download parse from asset store
    make account on parse.com and setup an app
    add ParseInitializeBehaviour to camera or something
    now you can get and set data and config values
    https://parse.com/docs/unity_guide

13. Christian-Tucker

Christian-Tucker

I would recommend making use of SimpleJSON and the basic REST rules for HTTP. You can use the WWW class to accomplish this, by simulating AJAX calls.