Search Unity

How to create an accurate network that can handle real-time combat

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Rizembus, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Rizembus

Rizembus

I want to create a 3d multiplayer arena style game that features player collision ( with players pushing one another ) and is heavily skill-shot based.

I have been using photon for the networking but now starting to code the physics and the projectiles I have found that there is no way to sync them accurately(host and other players are slightly out of sync, enough for 1 projectile to be dodged on one client but register as a hit anyway since in one of the other clients it hit), and while researching I have found no indication that it is at all possible to avoid the slight position discrepancies between clients.

My big question is how do games like bloodline champions, dota2 etc handle this, especially in bloodline champions the projectile and player movement sync is remarkably accurate, and is it possible to achieve in unity?

If yes how would i go about doing it, which networking method would be used to clone the multiplayer sync in bloodline champions for example?

2. Rizembus

Rizembus

anyone? is it using an authoritative server? using client side preditctions?