Search Unity

how to change "color over lifetime" in C# script for particle effect

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by r2digi, Jul 30, 2014.

1. r2digi

r2digi

how can i access the color over lifetime gradient for a particle system? we have a connect3 game that we have an effect we want to change the color based on the piece color it's attached too.....c

we created a component with seven Gradients that an artist can configure, then want to be just able to swap them in for the Color Over Lifetime piece of a particle system.

2. StarManta

StarManta

It's not possible in the standard API, which is one of the biggest issues with Shuriken - many of its options simply don't exist on the scripting side.

It IS apparently possible if you use Reflection and SerializedProperty; I don't recall how exactly, though. I just read that somewhere. Hopefully that's enough to point you in the right direction.

3. r2digi

r2digi

thanks. we acutually in this case just use the gradient for alpha blending animation so was able to just set the start color and it worked for now....

4. leonardherndon

leonardherndon

Can you elaborate on your solution r2digi? I know it's been a while, but I am having the same issue here

5. Olly

Olly

I seem to be finding these limitations all over the unity engine.

6. StarManta

StarManta

This one was solved in 5.3, though. Check the date of the post you're replaying to before you necropost...

7. wrench_nz

wrench_nz

I can only find JS example