Search Unity

How to change between sprites smoothly?

Discussion in '2D' started by circleline, Mar 13, 2015.

1. circleline

circleline

For instance, I have 2 sprites the Square & Circle. I have the circle in my scene and if(1==1){change the circle to square}, How do i do it smoothly?

2. Xelnath

Xelnath

Define "Smoothly"

3. circleline

circleline

Umh like morphing

4. Xelnath

Xelnath

Yeah, you can't do that with Sprite objects - you would need some complex vector morphing toolkit.

5. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

A quick & easy solution that might work for your needs is to use fading in and out.

When you want to do the morph place a second sprite at the same location with full transparency.

So you can fade from the circle to the square by placing a square at the same location as the circle with its SpriteRenderer.color.a set to 0 so it is hidden fully transparent. Now you can start a little "morph" routine that decreases the value of the circle's SpriteRenderer.color.a and increases the value of the square's SpriteRenderer.color.a causing a sort of cross-fade effect where the circle fades out at exactly the same time the square fades in. If done at the right speed the may give you a workable morphing effect.

I knocked out a little test of it. Here they appear on a black background and you will likely have a background scene which should help the illusion even more.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  6. circleline

circleline

Thanks!

7. Xelnath

Xelnath