Search Unity

How is asset bundle crc and hash created?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by tmsduman, Sep 4, 2015.

1. tmsduman

tmsduman

Hi.

We are working in a small team with subversion.
    I have the problem that every time the asset bundle changes when building the same asset bundle on different machines.
    So i'd like to know which aspects are considered when building the hash and crc for an asset bundle?
    Did anybody have an idea?

(I use the asset bundle system of unity 5)

Thanks

2. npruehs

npruehs

We're having the same issue. Checking out the same project from source control on different machines results in different asset bundles (and thus, CRCs). We need to avoid this, for various reasons - any insights on what affects the actual contents of an asset bundle?

3. npruehs

npruehs

The more time we spend working around this, the more it feels like a bug. Building asset bundles from the exact same sources should result in the exact same asset bundles (and hashes). Can anybody share any insights on this?

4. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

I know that there were problems that on build some internal component would generate different random number so the checksum of the assetbundles would change.

The unity Roadmap shows for 5.4 a fix for the same problem with the build process but i'm not sure if its affecting the asset bundles too.

5. npruehs

npruehs

Ahh, interesting to see! Thanks for the pointer, that seems indeed to solve our problem. Though I'm starting to shiver when I read about random numbers for packaging assets.

For reference for everybody else:

http://unity3d.com/unity/roadmap

6. doggan

doggan

I think we're seeing this same issue, yet I don't see anything on the Roadmap about it anymore. Are there any updates on this?

7. schw3de

schw3de

Is there any update on this issue? Because this would be a very interesting information how we can create the same hash on different machines. On the roadmap I cant find any issue concerning this.

8. npruehs

npruehs

It's below 5.6, in the section Development. The item is called "Deploy: Binary Reproducibility".

9. xiahou

xiahou

Can anybody share any insights on this?

10. BetaDwarf

BetaDwarf

Was this fixed for everyone? We seem to have the same issue on our team. We use 5.6.