Search Unity

How does UNET work with Andoid?

Discussion in 'UNet' started by TheDreamEXE, Oct 3, 2015.

1. TheDreamEXE

TheDreamEXE

I was browsing some forums and I came across a topic in regards to using UNET with Android's Bluetooth modules, and it got me thinking. In what ways does UNET actually work with Android? I would assume it works normally when connected with VIA on your smartphone or whatever device, and you would also be able to play via LAN with other users on the same network as you (in theory), but is that the only way UNET will work? I read somewhere that Bluetooth was a no-go, and I'm pretty sure that you can't host servers etc via smartphone haha. Bluetooth is what really interested me. I love the idea of playing locally with as buddy, as I feel it's the best experience gaming has to offer. Any thoughts on the possibility of this?

2. larus

larus

Unity Technologies

It works though Wifi/internet connection on the phone, just like on desktops etc. We don't support communication though bluetooth and it's not on the immediate roadmap.

You can host on Android using the multiplayer feature. Just need to account for the limitations of it's processing power.

3. aabramychev

aabramychev

Unity Technologies

We are considering to add wifi direct (as minimum it is in our plans) Bluetooth support is interesting too. As Larus said is not in our immediate roadmap, hence I like your idea and will take a look what we can do here :)

4. asperatology

asperatology

Sounds like Bluetooth ad-hoc or NFC. Are both of these considered also?

5. aabramychev

aabramychev

Unity Technologies

I meant Bluetooth ad-hoc and wifi direct

6. asperatology

asperatology

Ok, no NFC. Thanks.

7. TheDreamEXE

TheDreamEXE

I would love this feature in the future, and personally I think it would appeal to a niche audience in the future, so thanks for the consideration! Also, thank you for taking the time to answer this!

8. aabramychev

aabramychev

Unity Technologies

you are welcome :)

9. Ali_Sulaiman

Ali_Sulaiman

HELLOW THERE! m ali studying in NUML Islamabad Pakistan.. i m also working on Unity 2D Android Multiplayer Game using wifi direct.. i worked on Unet and i tested multiplayer on Desktop by giving IP address. I want to know that This Code would work on Android Wifi or not?? plzz somebody help me to get rid of this problem....

Attached Files:

10. asperatology

asperatology

Post a new thread instead.

11. Ali_Sulaiman

Ali_Sulaiman

i just want to know that how two android devices can be connected in an android multiplayer game using Wifi?

12. Ali_Sulaiman

Ali_Sulaiman

Can any one please tell me how to limit the screen size for android mobiles?

13. Ali_Sulaiman

Ali_Sulaiman

the screen resolution comes to be different for different screen sizes of android devices

14. asperatology

asperatology

Like I said, please post a new thread.