Search Unity

how can i stream youtube ?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by vrUnity3d, Dec 18, 2014.

1. vrUnity3d

vrUnity3d

any help or guide the steps, how i can stream youtube from my app? thank

2. JamesPro

JamesPro

You need to be more specific... Do you want to allow players to stream your game directly to youtube or stream a youtube Video to a texture in your game so you can have things like TVs and Video walls in your game?

To stream a Video to your game you would need to some web API that you can integrate to allow you to have a web browser in your game. Some web APIs allow you to draw a browser to a selected texture in your game.

3. vrUnity3d

vrUnity3d

thank James, I want to stream a youtube Video to a texture in your game so you can have things like TVs and Video walls in your game. The big problem here with me is how can i get "video list URLs" from Youtube?

4. JamesPro

JamesPro

You would just need some Web Browser SDK that would allow you to do that. You could have the entire youtube website be accessible from the"tv" for them to select what they want to watch.

5. FirePlantGames

FirePlantGames

OR you could get the video URL manually, but, that probably isn't really what you want...

6. vrUnity3d

vrUnity3d

thank for suggestion. i develop app for android, Can i show a android View (android api) upon 3d game object face?