Search Unity

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sphelps

Sphelps

I have done that

2. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @TowerGuardian
    I Follow the video tutorial with the latest version and no errors for me, I tried with unity 5.3.0 , can you tell me your unity version?
    Remeber to add to the input manager
    Fire1 (positive mouse 0)
    Fire3 (positive left shift)
    Jump (positive space)

3. Sphelps

Sphelps

5.4.0f3

4. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @TowerGuardian I downloaded that unity version, tested the horse and invector on a clean scene and work well,,
    Try doing it on a empty project and following the tutorial, if that doesn't solve it please make a screenshot of your error to see what is going on,
    cheers malbers

5. Sphelps

Sphelps

Hmm ok will do thanks for testing

6. Sphelps

Sphelps

Ok I found out what it was.
    I bought the Basic Locomotion Template
    So I upgraded to the melee and it fixed it!

Malbers likes this.
  7. Sluta

Sluta

I have a problem:

Unity 5.4.0f3
    Horse Animset Pro 2.0c
    Third Person Controller - Basic Locomotion Template 1.3

Attached Files:

8. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @Sluta , We Discover the problem yesterday,

The problems is that the InvectorCompatible.cs what it does is to change the camera state from the character to the horse when mounting, and vice versa when dismounts. So the camera states are available on the upgrade version of the Third Person Controller,Third Person Controller - Melee Combat Template, If you Upgrade you wont have any problem, but if you don't want to upgrade you just ignore that script: remove it or deactivate it.

Hope that helps

9. Sluta

Sluta

Ok, i ignored and removed this scripts (InvectorCompatible.cs & InvectorCompatibleEditor.cs) and now... did not work "riding" camera state.

10. Malbers

Malbers

Yes that's the problem the InvectorCompatibleEditor.cs is for the melee template , I don't own the basic template.

Mean time the camera wont be able to change,
    I will talk to Invectors team to work around it.

11. hddnblde

hddnblde

Good morning, we haven't bought the asset yet but I started lurking your thread and I've read great things about your asset. I've also tested the web demo and it was great experience. I hope you could help me in the future with your horse controller. Great job with the animation and Cheers.

p.s: Horse Animset Pro reminded me of D-horse from MGSV...any chance that your horse and d-horse are relatives? :D

Malbers likes this.
  12. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks for your kinds words, Yes I will help you in everything i can regarding any of my assets. :)

haha is not related but they look like cousins :D

13. Sluta

Sluta

I read the forum Invector and great changes in "Basic template" also come to "Melee template".
    For that reason, we need for changes in InvectorCompatible.cs & InvectorCompatibleEditor.cs

14. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys,

This is what I'm Working on for the next small update..

• Hands On Strides.. upload_2016-8-18_12-50-40.png
    • All horse Now have Dynamic Strides, Hair (With unity Cloth System) Deactivate Cloth Component if you don't need it.
    • Fix Small Bugs, Animator Transitions Fixes, Animations Clean Up,
    • Input Parameters are now on separated Script.
    • Integration With Invector Locomotion Basic
    • Integration with Mister Necturus Horses. (Downloadable by his asset) upload_2016-8-18_13-40-11.png

15. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I believe, it will be wonderful combination! :)

16. joejr

joejr

This is good news, Two questions please.
    1. Will it work with Mister Necturus horses 2.0 as well as horses for hero's?
    2. Any chance of sneaking in UFPS support in this release?

Thanks for continuing to support this great asset.

Joe...

Malbers likes this.
  17. Malbers

Malbers

1 Hi Joe this time will be for @mr_Necturus Horse for Horses, in the future we can make the horse 2.0 work too with HAP
    2 The UPFS is more tricky to make it work, but is the main priority, above the wagon/cart/carriage integration so.. is my next step.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  18. joejr

joejr

Thank you for the quick reply.... Looking forward to it! keep up the great work!.
    Joe.

Malbers likes this.
  19. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @Sluta The new Invector Compatible is ready :), I'm double checking everything before upload.

Also @mr_Necturus Integration is ready!!
    upload_2016-8-19_15-58-52.png

20. Malbers

Malbers

Hey @joejr After all... yes I will include the UFPS integration too ;) thanks to @clarson2974 who made an amazing job.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  21. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

is there an ETA on the flying horse update and is it possible for me to replace the horse with a different four legged creature
    ?

i want to ride a dragon :)

22. Malbers

Malbers

The flying horse is the last feature on the road map
    This is the Road Map so far:
    • UFPS Integration (Ready)
    • Waggon,Cart,Carriage Pulling
    • Fighting while mounting (Piston, Bow, Spear, Riffle)
    • Peggasus
    This list is made by priority requests

And no, is not posible to replace the horse for another different creature, you will get horse behaviour on a dragon, and no wings animations, horse and dragon have different animations, bone structure..so if you manage to do it you will get a Frankenstein. :D

Nevertheless I plan to do a future Rideable Dragon.. a big one, no like the little dragon series, a more realistic one

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  23. hopeful

hopeful

24. Malbers

Malbers

To make all other horses compatible with HAP, a Reskin/Re-Rig has to be done, That's what I did for Horse for Heroes
    Doing That, all animations that comes with the assets are lost, and the animations of HAP are compatibles.

So new fly animations needs to be done and some scripting, but that is on queue, so don't worry guys Pegasus will come, but one step at a time.

Cheers Malbers

RonnyDance likes this.
  25. joejr

joejr

Fantastic!!!!!! I can't wait, thanks for adding that one in on this release. The road map looks good and I look forward to the other additions too. Dragons? will that be part of this asset or will it be a standalone asset? I think S.F Bay Studios Dragon would be a great fit.

Thanks again.

Joe.

Malbers likes this.
  26. Malbers

Malbers

The dragon will be a Stand Alone Asset, maybe I will make also an integration with SF Bay Studios too, maybe no, definitely! , after all I learn how to mount everybody on everything :D:D

27. hddnblde

hddnblde

by any chance, can you do the spin animation like in this video?

our animators here are a bit new and they can't do custom animations for the project.. would you please? :(

28. wood333

wood333

I made a long post when you were in Cuba for which there was no response, so let me ask again in a different way and with fewer words.

1. When you implement wagon, cart, carriage pulling, will HAP be set up to call a different set of animations on the player character?

2. Would you consider changing the swim implementation from a collider plane to a trigger plane similar to how you handled the water with your cute little dragons?

3. Are you still working on the low poly animal animations? Any news you want to share with us on that?

29. Malbers

Malbers

Hi @wood333 sorry for not answering that, it got lost in the thread.

1. For this update I will deliver UFPS Integration, wich is a very requested featured, along with minor fixes and @mr_Necturus integration. then I will go for the carriage, cart,.... pulling, I think I will limit via script the same set of animation, not create a new one.
    2. Yes I already Change the Swimming implementation to a Trigger like the little dragons.. coming on the next update.
    3. After I release the 3rd Set of Dragons I will resume on the Poly Art Set of animals simultaneously with the horse next update. they will be 12 animals on that pack, with all my many animations as usual, and the example controller script to play with every one of them.

BackwoodsGaming and wood333 like this.
  30. Malbers

Malbers

Im focusing on fixing minors issues and adding more integrations, but I will added to the to do list!

31. wood333

wood333

Will the same player character be able to both ride a horse and ride a carriage?

Bravo!

I can barely wait to see your beautiful animations on the 12 animal pack. :)

Malbers likes this.
  32. Sluta

Sluta

Is there a chance to conduct a packhorse when walking or riding? example like this:
    Checking-the-Pack-Horse-Textured.jpg

Teila, BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  33. hddnblde

hddnblde

Great thanks. And also the slide to stop animation too. Thank you. Sorry for asking too much, you're very awesome. ^_^

34. Malbers

Malbers

Yes! Yo will be able to mount cart or horse

Added to the list !
    Added too :D

Teila, BackwoodsGaming and wood333 like this.
  35. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

heheh... I was hoping for that too since I already own that pack... lol

Love that you added support for @mr_Necturus's stuff. He's another great artist that I've thrown money at... heheh

Teila, mr_Necturus and Malbers like this.
  36. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

That would be great! Also, @mr_Necturus has some great dragons. He already has one rigged for a rider, but would be nice to have a universal option, especially once you get realistic versions done where we might use both (or all three if we have SF Bay's as well)... :)

mr_Necturus and Malbers like this.
  37. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Yes I thought about it too. But here we will need some other kind of integration, until @Malbers makes his own dragon animations. :)

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  38. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I already uploaded version with HAP integration and just waiting for version 2.1 to public it. :)

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  39. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. Figure that will be something he might do with his dragon packs once he does realistic dragons, if he does collaborative stuff like he did with you on your horses. Love seeing artists working together like this! Love the work from both of you!

Malbers, mr_Necturus and hopeful like this.
  40. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

how do i make the player hold the halter? is there a IK setup for it?

41. Malbers

Malbers

Do you mean the reins, strides, riendas?? if you mean that Is coming very soon in the 2.1 update, this next week, just making the final tweeks.
    upload_2016-8-26_12-14-4.png

BackwoodsGaming and hopeful like this.
  42. wood333

wood333

if a player was leading a pack mule, the halter would be the leather contraption around the mule's head, you can lead the mule by grasping the side of the halter, or , a lead rope could be attached to the halter.. Just passing on info.

Malbers likes this.
  43. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

and thats why im a coder and not a cowboy :)

wood333 likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks! something new I learn today, I'm Cuban so English is not my first language :).
    and about the halter, lets focus first on the priorities, but Is added to the list :D

Teila and wood333 like this.
  45. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually, what they are talking about is a lead rope which attaches to the halter. A halter is what the horse wears on it's face. In the top two pictures in this link, you see the halter on the horse and the lead rope clipped to the bottom of it.

http://ropehorsetack.weebly.com/halter-pictures.html

Edit: Just noticed same site had lead ropes as well.
    http://ropehorsetack.weebly.com/lead-ropes-and-longe-lines.html

wood333 and Malbers like this.
  46. wood333

wood333

@Shawn67 has provided good photographs illustrating the two distinct parts, (halter and lead rope), but they are not constructed from materials used in the old west. The modern halters in the pictures above are composed of double-braided marine grade polyester, which did not exist in the 1800s. Same goes for the braided lead ropes, especially the ones with stainless steel bolt snaps.

The old western (post US civil war) halter would have been composed of leather, a common material of the era. The lead rope would have been made from ordinary rope or leather and probably tied to the halter with a knot.

Malbers likes this.
  47. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually, I was only showing what they were. Not sure there is a period specific definition for the pack.. But leather halter and ordinary rope lead would be my preference too. Or even earlier period rope halters similar to the one in image below. In fact, that one with a lead rope tied onto it might be perfect for pack horses... This would fit more with medieval themes and probably even early western time periods, at least for common folk.

Malbers likes this.
  48. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

WOW thats a high poly mesh. :)

Malbers likes this.
  49. Teila

Teila

Could do it on a low poly mesh with alpha.

Malbers and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  50. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Again, just posting photos for examples. I didn't anticipate that level of detail, just giving an example of how a rope one would look to give @Malbers ideas. I'm sure once he works his magic with whatever it comes up with, he'll take performance into mind. Probably do something like what @Teila said. All that stuff is Greek to me. I just throw up suggestions and let the artists shock and awe me with their abilities! heheh

Malbers likes this.